Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 05-11-2015

Hi Chris,

as you say the Dex210f has the Dex210 front. I own a Dex210v2 and have problems breaking the front wishbones frequently on this track: https://youtu.be/jdvaMDbIsi8
Its indoors, but cold. Track is on concrete with 2-3 layers of carpet. If you fail to land on wheels after a jump, or you miss the carpet the wishbone is sure to break.
I love the Dex and would like to continue to run it, but get frustrated over this as my friends running other brands do not have the stability issue.
My question is, have the wishbones improved for the 210f, and will they fit my Dex210v2?
For the Dex210v3, will I be able to use those wishbones once the car comes out?

I'm looking so much for a more robust solution to not constantly have to think about not breaking stuff on the car.

Hope you can share some information on this.

Thank you.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickru View Post
Hi Chris,

as you say the Dex210f has the Dex210 front. I own a Dex210v2 and have problems breaking the front wishbones frequently on this track: https://youtu.be/jdvaMDbIsi8
Its indoors, but cold. Track is on concrete with 2-3 layers of carpet. If you fail to land on wheels after a jump, or you miss the carpet the wishbone is sure to break.
I love the Dex and would like to continue to run it, but get frustrated over this as my friends running other brands do not have the stability issue.
My question is, have the wishbones improved for the 210f, and will they fit my Dex210v2?
For the Dex210v3, will I be able to use those wishbones once the car comes out?

I'm looking so much for a more robust solution to not constantly have to think about not breaking stuff on the car.

Hope you can share some information on this.

Thank you.

Regards,
Michael
Hi Michael,

Where exactly does the arms break?
Have you tried boiling them?

My cars:
CatK2/CougarSVR/BossCat/Dex410v3/Dex410v5/Dex210/Dex210F/Yokomo yz-10‘94/Yokomo yz-10‘95/

Last edited by micholix; 05-11-2015 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-11-2015

Hi,

boiling? OMG - have never heard something like that. No I never did something like that.
It always breaks right before the cross arm with the droop screw. See this picture: https://goo.gl/photos/UJvsQimfKq9KS2498
Nobody else having this issue?

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-11-2015

Yes, i've often read over on rctech, that some people do boil the plastic parts for a couple of minutes, to make them a little softer.
Not exactly sure, but if i remember correctly, they put them into hot water for about 5-10 minutes, but the water should not bubble...

My cars:
CatK2/CougarSVR/BossCat/Dex410v3/Dex410v5/Dex210/Dex210F/Yokomo yz-10‘94/Yokomo yz-10‘95/
Old 05-11-2015

wow... everyday learning something new. Well I give it a shot. Maybe it works. Would still be cool if Team Durango would add some material in this area for the next revision of the wishbones ...
Old 05-11-2015

Remember 25 years ago that it was advised to boil the plastics to de stress them
Old 06-11-2015

Mickru, have u tried using the gullwing style wishbones instead ?http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...i-state=dialog
Use them on my 210 and haven't broken one in months and I'm a newby driver, so have my fair share of big accidents!

Xray XB2 '18
Xray XB4 '18
Old 06-11-2015
Mad Member

Thing going from gullwing to straight (or Vice Versa) requires you to replace half the suspension........ as the lower mounts for the shocks are in a different place.
Old 06-11-2015

Quote:
wow... everyday learning something new. Well I give it a shot. Maybe it works. Would still be cool if Team Durango would add some material in this area for the next revision of the wishbones ...
Yes, i always boiled my v1 HD ball ends, with great sucess...
Tell us, ifit did work for you, too.

My cars:
Old 06-11-2015

Thanks for all the support and ideas here :-)
I will boil the front arms / wishbones tonight. I plan to race the Dex Saturday night. I will post if I was able to break them or if they were stable enough after that treatment.

And no, I have not tried the gullwing version so far, and from I read it isn't easily done either.
Old 06-11-2015

Main difference going to gullwings would be that the shock bodies are longer on the v1 than v2 the plastics themselves are cheap enough.
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 07-11-2015

Are we likely to see this kit before the new year??
Old 08-11-2015

Quote:
Thanks for all the support and ideas here :-)
I will boil the front arms / wishbones tonight. I plan to race the Dex Saturday night. I will post if I was able to break them or if they were stable enough after that treatment.

And no, I have not tried the gullwing version so far, and from I read it isn't easily done either.
Hello Michael,

And, did it work?

My cars:
Old 09-11-2015

Well, change of plan on Saturday. No time to race :-( !!
Next chance for me this coming Friday. For sure I will post the results!
Old 13-11-2015

Well, happend again. I'm really sad about this situation. My friends just keep on racing. Not sure, what to do. I guess I have a Dex210v2 for sale now... :-(
Old 13-11-2015

Quote:
Well, happend again. I'm really sad about this situation. My friends just keep on racing. Not sure, what to do. I guess I have a Dex210v2 for sale now... :-(
Hi Michael,

Have you had a look at the inner hinge pin, too?
Not that it is bend and that is the case, your front arm is braking all the time?
Does it break always at the same side, or on both?
May you should check the front bulkhead eather, put the hinge pin in it, without the arm and look, if there is some play, so the pin doesnt sit tight anymore....

Dont give up, with the dex210, it is a realy good car!

My cars:
Old 13-11-2015

Well I just broke the other side as well. The pins roll just fine on glas surface. They are not bend in any way. Bulkhead can be considered new. I bought an Exotec few weeks ago. I tried all I can think off, but you do not race fast if you always fear to break something. It so disappointing ...
Old 13-11-2015

I would not give up if some of TD drivers testing the upcoming new stuff would say that the front wishbones of the new cars do fit on the v2 and are stronger than before, or provide more flexibility. But so far I was ignored. Nobody is allowed to post anything like that I guess...
Old 14-11-2015

Quote:
I would not give up if some of TD drivers testing the upcoming new stuff would say that the front wishbones of the new cars do fit on the v2 and are stronger than before, or provide more flexibility. But so far I was ignored. Nobody is allowed to post anything like that I guess...
I do understand, that is frustrating!

From what i've seen on pictures of the new cars, the front end doesnt have changed, so the new parts could still fit the v2!? But thats just my speculation... but i allso saw on some pics from Travis's car, they have tested some different material front arms and other parts at the front end, they do look like to have a different color, more gray....
Looks like, they are from the same(stronger and lighter) material, like on the DETC410v2, so they have maybe a higher carbon contend in it.

Edit: Here is a pic of Travis's car and the link to the worlds pic-gallery from redrc, where i did saw it:

http://events.redrc.net/event-galler...allery/page/35
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (20.3 KB, 56 views)

My cars:

Last edited by micholix; 14-11-2015 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Edit pic
Old 15-11-2015

Have you tryed running your DEX210v2 without the alloy bulk head on it and just run the kit plastic one ? Also what type of crash is causing the arms to break as I have run a DEX210v2 since it was released and only ever broke one arm when it hit the side of a ramp...?