Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 05-12-2015

Default Team Durango DEX210v3

The Team Durango DEX210v3 kit page is now live.

Check it out here : http://www.team-durango.com/race-cars/dex210v3/

Old 05-12-2015
Legendary dude

Trouble is you can't polish a turd.

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 05-12-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
Trouble is you can't polish a turd.
Sorry but there no need for this.

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 05-12-2015
Legendary dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Sorry but there no need for this.

Why??

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 06-12-2015
Mad Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

Enough said.

On-topic: There's not much wrong with the handling and design part of the car to start with - a small update to keep it up to date with standardization of 12mm hex in the class indicates to me that Durango intends to continue support for their cars.

I myself have had sub-standard customer experience in the past, but I also noticed more recently that - on the products I received - previous quality issues were resolved. Admittedly I have seen others pop up, but at least resolving problems is on their list of activities.

So if you are not a customer, either make your words credible by trying a 210V3 or consider your words dung as much as you consider their products to be

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 06-12-2015
Legendary dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

Enough said.

On-topic: There's not much wrong with the handling and design part of the car to start with - a small update to keep it up to date with standardization of 12mm hex in the class indicates to me that Durango intends to continue support for their cars.

I myself have had sub-standard customer experience in the past, but I also noticed more recently that - on the products I received - previous quality issues were resolved. Admittedly I have seen others pop up, but at least resolving problems is on their list of activities.

So if you are not a customer, either make your words credible by trying a 210V3 or consider your words dung as much as you consider their products to be

Well that's me told ha
Why would I waste my money to try a 210 when I could go to toys R us and buy tyco rebound. Also thanks for the informative video in the link .

Elite R/C racing
Optipower

Last edited by johnboy; 06-12-2015 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-12-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
Well that's me told ha
Why would I waste my money to try a 210 when I could go to toys R us and buy tyco rebound. Also thanks for the informative video in the link .
If you are in the market for a Tyco Rebound then I do agree that you would be wasting your money buying a 210.

The 210 isn't a toy, its a Competition RC Race Car.
So for that reason its not really got a patch on the Tyco Rebound if you are looking for a toy.

Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, My option is probably the exact opposite of yours.

In my option the suite of Durango 10th scale cars for the 2016 season is the best on the market.
Old 07-12-2015
Mad Member

I'm struggling to see whats so different about this car compared to the original.

ok it has multi positional axles
and the ball cups are different, quite clearly different as they aren't even the same colour as the rst of the plastics on the car.

oh and it has 12mm hexes, but these are plastic. unlike many other manufacturers who are coming to market with alloy parts.

I have run a DEX210 in the past and it was great for a time, but the problem i think many people have is that the brand has fallen out of favour with racers and i without a pro team(no offense Chris) championing the products at the big races and on the local tracks its going to be very difficult for us racers/consumers to put our faith in a brand that was once the one to have but now is hardly sold by any UK store due to the behind the scenes bother and lack of support.

the 10th scale cars may well be the best there are for the 2016 season, but we will never know, as nobody will be running them.
Old 07-12-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just to bring everyone up to speed with the product range.

DEX210v3 - is an update to the DEX210 platform to bring features from the DEX210F and DEX410v5 to the traditional RM/MM chassis

DEX210F - New platform for TD for medium-high grip specific tracks

DEX410v5 - The biggest update to the DEX410 since it was first released

So it should be no surprise that the update to the DEX210v3 isn't an all-new car. There wasn't much wrong with the DEX210v2 when compared like-for-like against the other 'traditional' RM or MM cars.

the DEX210F arrives to compete with the other 'forward motor' cars such as the YZ-2, KF, TM2 etc

The DEX410v5 arrives to add more adjustability and stability to the already fast DEX410 platform.

I'm not here to ping-pong backwards and forwards and nit-pick, but I do want to make it clear what products are offered and why.

PS - no offence taken, I'm not a Pro driver, I'm not good enough to be. I pay all my own expenses and I go racing to enjoy racing. I get free product from Team Durango and LRP and I do my best to show how good those products are.
Old 07-12-2015
Mad Member

you should be a team driver dude. your championing a brand that has left a bad taste in many racers mouths and for your loyalty any manufacturer out there would be lucky to have you.

Normal club drivers dont get anything for free from anywhere so i'm sure you can understand and appreciate the reluctance of many racers to spend money of Durango when their support track record isnt the best.
Getting rid of Jorn and Craig and the other Team drivers was meant to be a radical move to support the club racer more than the pro's.
But that doesnt really help much if nobody can get the products to race with.

Will the 410v5 be the same car as serpents new 4wd that they used at the worlds? ;-)
Old 07-12-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Oh, I am a "Team Driver", But I am NOT a PRO driver.

Pro drivers either receive a salary or expenses to race for their respective teams.

You can also look at the flip side of the argument there. Should a paying customer take the advice of someone who is paid by the brand to promote and win with their products?

I'm not going to comment on Serpents worlds car. but I will say that the DEX410v5 is the best DEX410 there has ever been.
Old 07-12-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroP View Post
ok it has multi positional axles
and the ball cups are different, quite clearly different as they aren't even the same colour as the rest of the plastics on the car.
The ballcup's are the same as the v2 it's the shell that's changed. Oh and the kit wheel colour.
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 07-12-2015
Mad Member

I sat behind Chris at the oople invernational and I must say I thought the new cars looked spot on. Quality looks good.

The forward motor car was really nice.

If you feel bitter towards Durango then don't buy another. Nobody is forcing you.
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 08-12-2015

Who's going to sell them ?
Old 08-12-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevebolt View Post
Who's going to sell them ?
Hi Stevebolt,

Over on another thread, someone posted a link for supplying TD in the south-west of UK!

http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost...9&postcount=17

My cars:
CatK2/CougarSVR/BossCat/Dex410v3/Dex410v5/Dex210/Dex210F/Yokomo yz-10‘94/Yokomo yz-10‘95/
Old 08-12-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by discothesnake View Post
I sat behind Chris at the oople invernational and I must say I thought the new cars looked spot on. Quality looks good.

The forward motor car was really nice.

If you feel bitter towards Durango then don't buy another. Nobody is forcing you.
People forget we all have a choice and I think at some stage everyone has owned a Durango my 410v3 was the best 4wd car I think I have ever owned and I would buy another if was to race 4wd again.

I like the look of the high grip car too
Old 03-02-2016

Ran my dex210 v3 for the very first time last night straight out of the box and qualified 25th out of 50 at silverstone , would have been higher if wasnt for being in the wrong heat in qualifying, finished 3rd in final though.
Really impressed with the car

Last edited by dazp83; 03-02-2016 at 03:12 PM. Reason: info