Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 22-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylon View Post
Don't hate me

I've just noticed that the GT14-B is too wide for BRCA rules... 209mm for BRCA and the GT14-B is 213mm ... granted only 4mm, but I've filed things down for less before hahah

Is there something I'd need to do to make it fit the box so to speak or is this okay as is?

J
We have never failed a single car for being to wide at a National, which makes me think that something is wrong with your car

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 22-08-2011

It's not from a car.. I downloaded the manual from the manufacturers to get a head start ...

And noticed it's 213mm wide according the tech page.

If the actual car is fine then it's fine which it obviously is. Was just checking.

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 22-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Can you send me a screenshot of that page please Jason?

Ill see if I can get that fixed

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 22-08-2011

Shot is in the mail...

Thanks again for all the info.

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 22-08-2011

4mm's not much, but obviously it would be ruled out under the rules. Assuming that's with the wheels attached, what wheels are you using and are you tyres sort of bulging, overlapping?
Old 23-08-2011

Sorry to throw a curve ball into the discussion, but is the 1:16 / 1:14 car true to scale.. when you compare a 1:10th touring car to the HPI True ten or the Tamiya Mini there is a hell of a size difference, yet the mini & the true ten are pretty much accurately scaled to 1:10th size, but racing touring cars are classed as 1:10th scale probably because a rounded number sounds less confusing than calling it something like a 1:9.34 scale for example.

So is it more a case of physical size to fit in the category for racing because a GT14 is basically a miniature 1:10th touring car, rather than a number that represents it's size compared to a full scale vehicle?

Plus looking at the GT14 & the GT14B, the 14B seems to be pretty much the same size (without having the 2 cars in front of me or a list of tech specs to compare i'm simply assuming) if you measured the dimensions with a 30cm ruler, however the buggy i would of though would be a couple of notches smaller in terms of scale.
Old 23-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylon View Post
It's not from a car.. I downloaded the manual from the manufacturers to get a head start ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sldmodels View Post
4mm's not much, but obviously it would be ruled out under the rules. Assuming that's with the wheels attached, what wheels are you using and are you tyres sort of bulging, overlapping?
re read Jason's post Sarah
Old 23-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Wolfie View Post
Sorry to throw a curve ball into the discussion, but is the 1:16 / 1:14 car true to scale.. .
You could say the same about most scales, for example look at the size of 10th buggy wheels in relation to the rest of the car - they would look more like truck wheels if you built it full size.
Old 23-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

This is getting boring now.

For the record both sets of dimentions (1/16th and 1/18th) were written up by myself after literally weeks (dot the i's, cross the t's etc) of ensuring that all the dimensions were scaled up against ROAR, EFRA, IFMAR and BRCA dimensional sizes for other offroad classes.

There is reason behind the madness and those who attended the AGM where these dimensions were voted in would have heard my detailed explaination as to why the dimensions were chosen and the reason for their inclusion in our rules.

Also a 1/10th TC is not going to always be the same dimensionally as a 1/10th buggy. Just cos it says 1/10th doesnt mean it is working off of the same original basis in the same way that a 1/5th RC bike is not the same size as a 1/5th petrol buggy.

To summerise: It doesnt matter what manufacturers put on their boxes (as far as racing goes), it matters more that the car meets the governing body's dimensional rules.

A Carisma GT14B has never failed scrutineering at a BRCA Micro National.

Carisma orignally released the GT14B with "1/14th scale buggy" on their promotional material, when we approached them and explained the dimensional rationale they changed the descriptions to 1/16th scale buggy.

And that...fans...is the history of how the 1/16th & 1/18th dimensional rules were born

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 23-08-2011

nicely put

Old 23-08-2011

Default ?

I bet a lot of this sh*t gets boring mate.
Do people not realise you spend your own time and effort sorting stuff like this, only for bitching and moaning and generally awkward people to have a moan on a forum? Its not just you either, ive seen people moaning about other race organisers and events. It would piss me right off. Why dont they get off their lazy arses and sort their own racing?
Keep up the good work and ignore the w*nkers.
Id just like to thank anyone who runs a club, or section, or sorts the BRCA, or moderates on these forums. You have more patience than i will ever have.
Old 23-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmog99 View Post
Id just like to thank anyone who runs a club, or section, or sorts the BRCA, or moderates on these forums. You have more patience than i will ever have.
+1

Old 23-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetbee View Post
re read Jason's post Sarah
He posted again, probably while I was posting to his earlier post. I was just thinking that he thought he'd done something wrong to his car and was trying to figure it out.

Cosie, when you say you haven't failed a car for being too wide, is that because there haven't been any cars that have been too wide, or they've just not been overly wide?
Old 23-08-2011

I can almost definitely tell you they werent OVERLY wide, maybe TOO wide or just A BIT wide. It fits the rules you tit.
SLD can you tell me your dimensions on an OVERLY wide car please? Also dimensions for A BIT too wide or is there a newly agreed OVERLY WIDE limit?
I think there are rules regarding width that have already been explained above.
This is precisely and completely the twattery i was talking about. Good luck to anyone organising any racing. You will be subject to twattery. And have to deal with twats.
Old 23-08-2011

What are you on about? Someone was concerned that his car was too big for the current BRCA rules. As far as I'm aware, the scrutinizing at the micros is relatively easy, if it fits in the measuring box it's within the rules.
Old 23-08-2011

sldmodels,davidmogg99 is rite ur coming out with loads of bull. on ur post above u stated that it was only 4mm to wide.to wide is to wide. thats like saying "we nearly scored a goal". also u said "were the wheels attached",(lol) hows the guy gonna race without wheels. if someone wants 2 know about micros let cosie or 1 of the more experienced guys reply.as stated above cosie did write the rules for the micros.
Old 23-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Old 23-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetbee View Post
That's how I feel trying to explain myself sometimes, is it me not making myself clear, or people just not understanding what I'm trying to say (or just dicks going out of their way to wind me up )
Old 23-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I don't think you understood what was posted, that's what I was about
Old 24-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Oh, this thread is priceless!!

In the hope of retaining some form of decorum (before I leave thsi thread and allow you all to continue as you were, lol)...

Sarah, a car is either too wide (>209mm) or it fits within our dimensional rulings (<=209mm). If a car is found to be "a touch over 209mm wide" it will still fail, no exceptions.

The 213mm stated in the Carisma brouchure/manual is an incorrect figure from the original specification of the GT14B prior to the car being re-scaled to fit the BRCA dimensional rules. It probably just got forgotten about.

And to whoever mentioned that the CML site states the GT14B as being a 1/14th buggy, I think all that has now been changed, thanks for pointing it out

Rest assured fans, everything is in order. I raced a stock GT14B with stock wheels and tyres for most of last season and had no issues with width at all.

As I sit here craving the cigarettes that I gave up 2 days ago, this thread will keep me company lol

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.