Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 27-02-2017
Mad Member

Ive had my KC for 3 days now, and have done a little write up in my blog, talking about the car, the build, and my first race meeting (including video). Feel free to have a read:

http://ne-rc.blogspot.de/2017/02/sch...lub-racer.html
Old 27-02-2017
Mad Member

Very nice write-up, Chris! If I was to buy another 2WD buggy, the KC would be my choice right now. I really like what I have seen so far!
Old 27-02-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
Ive had my KC for 3 days now, and have done a little write up in my blog, talking about the car, the build, and my first race meeting (including video). Feel free to have a read:

http://ne-rc.blogspot.de/2017/02/sch...lub-racer.html
Top write up Chris, thank you
Old 01-03-2017

Ready for carpet test on sunday.

IMG_0979.JPG
Old 02-03-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post

Attachment 96993
So you went for kit setup for carpet? I'm trying to decide what configuration to build mine to start with fr Astro.
Old 02-03-2017
Mad Member

Quote:

Attachment 96993
I think all carpet setups have the shocks on the front of the rear wishbone, that's where I ran mine and it was phenomenal. Just an observation.
Old 02-03-2017

Quote:
I think all carpet setups have the shocks on the front of the rear wishbone, that's where I ran mine and it was phenomenal. Just an observation.
On Sunday at MB Natalie ran with the rear shocks on the back all day. Initially the car was a bit sharp for her so we altered it through the day & by round 4 & in her final the car was really good. The biggest difference was to go to long wheelbase (on Greg's advice) which worked really well despite it being a relatively tight, hairpin filled track.

The time for her win in the C final would have won the B final & placed her 4th in the A final (just in front of you Chris ) I know races don't always work out like that but a good example of the car working on carpet with shockers on the rear. She had a great run with a car that, for her, was easy to drive quickly.
I appreciate that others (like you Chris) would have been ultimately quicker without mistakes/errors & your fastest laps will have been quicker.

I think that the shocks on the front of the rear wishbones will ultimately give a quicker car on the surface if you are good enough to hang on to it or get a set up that suits you, but the rear shock option may be easier to drive consistently for some drivers. it certainly was in our case.
Also I thought that Lee Freeman & Chris Clarke changed to run shocks on the back? (but I may be wrong)

Either way I think the car works well. It's good for drivers to have the option to try both & see what suits them

Just thought I would share my thoughts/experience on our first run.

Very impressed with the car first time out & after watching Greg at Worksop the car seems to work well on both surfaces

Looking forward to running it outdoors through the summer
Old 02-03-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Williams View Post
On Sunday at MB Natalie ran with the rear shocks on the back all day. Initially the car was a bit sharp for her so we altered it through the day & by round 4 & in her final the car was really good. The biggest difference was to go to long wheelbase (on Greg's advice) which worked really well despite it being a relatively tight, hairpin filled track.

The time for her win in the C final would have won the B final & placed her 4th in the A final (just in front of you Chris ) I know races don't always work out like that but a good example of the car working on carpet with shockers on the rear. She had a great run with a car that, for her, was easy to drive quickly.
I appreciate that others (like you Chris) would have been ultimately quicker without mistakes/errors & your fastest laps will have been quicker.

I think that the shocks on the front of the rear wishbones will ultimately give a quicker car on the surface if you are good enough to hang on to it or get a set up that suits you, but the rear shock option may be easier to drive consistently for some drivers. it certainly was in our case.
Also I thought that Lee Freeman & Chris Clarke changed to run shocks on the back? (but I may be wrong)

Either way I think the car works well. It's good for drivers to have the option to try both & see what suits them

Just thought I would share my thoughts/experience on our first run.

Very impressed with the car first time out & after watching Greg at Worksop the car seems to work well on both surfaces

Looking forward to running it outdoors through the summer
Thanks for sharing . What motor position did you run?
Old 02-03-2017

Position 1, (furthest forward) car was a bit twitchy/sharp at first, but long wheelbase cured that

Last edited by Barry Williams; 02-03-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-03-2017
Mad Member

Fair enough Barry. I was just pointing out , that if he'd tried to copy the carpet setup from Orlowski, or the carpet setup in the manual, both specified shocks on the front - incase it was a build mistake. I understand different people will want setups to suit them as a driver, and Nat was flying at the end of the day.
Old 02-03-2017

I think both will work, just wanted to share our experience & show the option of the rear mounting position possibly working for some drivers.
I'm would imagine Greg will be starting with shocks on the front at Silverstone next week as I guess that will suit his driving style.
Its good to have both options to try

Last edited by Barry Williams; 02-03-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-03-2017

what do people think for worksop setup? position 3/4? shocks on the rear?
not seen any team setups around yet but the cars seemed to be very quick.
Old 02-03-2017

Quote:
I start with this setup and change during the day. To move the shocks is a quick fix and i will try it. Just a test and find a good base setup for next weekend's race. With KF2 I drove with the shocks in front and with short wishbone in front on carpet and thought the car was really nice to drive. Hope this car is better.
Old 04-03-2017

Just built mine ready for Southport Turf Wars this weekend. Position 2 and front mount shocks same oil front to rear kit everything else.

Old 04-03-2017

Has anyone else notice the instruction manual doesn't suggest greasing the side gears?
Old 04-03-2017

Yep but didn't at the time of building just naturally did it lol.
Old 05-03-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisimp View Post
Yep but didn't at the time of building just naturally did it lol.
I put grease in mine too but thought it must have been a mistake in the instructions.
Old 05-03-2017

what a fantastic car. KF2 was good but this is clearly better. Shocks in front was great. Schumacher has done a good job. Now I'll just have get better too.
Old 05-03-2017

Quote:
what a fantastic car. KF2 was good but this is clearly better. Shocks in front was great. Schumacher has done a good job. Now I'll just have get better too.
What position are you running the motor
Old 05-03-2017

Position 2

IMG_0988.JPG