Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 14-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Im up for some of this, but I reckon keep a CORR class and a Stadium Truck class. One day events only.

Corr racing should be stock racing, 10.5 motor limit/19t brushed stock, no changes, full contact, and be a class accessible for low budgets & big fun.

Stadium truck will become a modified class in comparison, usual rules etc.

Anyone taking it too seriously gets a random forfeit...

Seeing as the race calender is chocka-block its important the dates are spread so they clash with as little as possible - so perhaps spread them over a longer period, so some are outdoors through the winter, and some are indoors during the winter. Then 1 month off through December (chance for a big event between Xmas/New year?

Chris
Old 14-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

For what it's worth, I agree with Chris.
Old 14-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Im tempted to put two packs of Lipo in, in series, not for more power but for more duration.

How about, if less than 7 heats then the racing structure is 4 rounds of qualifying (no breaks) and 3 legs for each final.

If 8 heats or more, time will be tight, 3 leg A final only.

Whats the chances of this becoming a BRCA class, or do we need it to be an existing class to start with before the BRCA will recognise it?
Old 15-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 View Post
I think we need to tech:

Motor Limit
Weight
Body
Tires/Wheels
Ride Height (minimum limit set).

Thats it.
Tuning the car's setup should be promoted surely, but hop-ups limited to strength/reliability issues (in the case of the SC10, the diff shims would need to be allowed, as well as wheel modifications, as they can easily strip).

It should come down to driver talent, and tuning/setup. I really think that the speed of these things are limited by the low grip they have, and the power you can put down?
I think the only thing to remember is the placement of Cells in the SC10 - That is a massive factor in what makes them handle as they were supposed to (and not just like a T4) - This is probably the only other crucual element so there should be something about that included? My main reservation about the whole Set-up change thing is that we would be in danger of making it more like racing normal T4 style trucks but with SC10 body's which would be a real shame as these things should be going sideways and a real handful to drive
Old 15-07-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Goodall View Post
I think the only thing to remember is the placement of Cells in the SC10 - That is a massive factor in what makes them handle as they were supposed to (and not just like a T4) - This is probably the only other crucual element so there should be something about that included? My main reservation about the whole Set-up change thing is that we would be in danger of making it more like racing normal T4 style trucks but with SC10 body's which would be a real shame as these things should be going sideways and a real handful to drive
Here Here. Keep them a lairy, fun handfull to drive. Thats surely what corr style trucks are about.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 15-07-2009

These trucks really rock,i bought a fairly new Slash,fitted a 10.5 brushless system and then raced it at The Nook against the 1/8 nitro guys.What a hoot,OK the very best drivers were elsewhere last weekend but there was stiil a a field of about 15 eighth drivers,i qualified 7th over all,they were so upset they demanded a 30 minute final,i hadn`t actually intended racing,so had no tools,no charger and after doing 2 heats on 1x4800 lipo had only 1 charged battery left.One of the largescale lads put my flat lipo on charge for me [Thanks Mr Haywood].I pitted at about 18 minutes for a fresh lipo and managed to fight my way upto 5th at the end
Best days racing in a long while
With Losi on the edge of releasing one,Kyosho could do one fairly easy from thier nitro version and HPi[HB] must[Should] be looking to produce one also?
It looks to be a fast growing fun class for both newbies and seasoned racers.
I hope it takes off big time and complements 1/10 buggys some proper, friendly organised racing would be superb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg twistys Slash 1.jpg (35.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg twisty`s Slash 2.jpg (61.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 15-07-2009
Mad Member

Just scanning through this thread as I have a Traxxas Slash, Someone mentioned the Slash probably wont run with SC10s, because they're different, er....they're both corr trucks, what's the issue?

I know you hardcore boys will always go for the "race bred" trucks, hence the SC10, but what's wrong with the Slash? Especially since you all harp on about corr racing being "good fun" and "putting a smile on your face", I shouldn't have to spend £170 on a kit to get that same feeling should I, or anyone else for that matter.

Everyone likes a quality kit, but surely there's room for two.

Imagine, plum in mouth: "A traxxas? oh, we only run sc10s"
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 15-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hey Crazy L, I agree completely - lets run them together, its CORR racing and lets not close the doors on any brands... well said.
Old 16-07-2009

We are trying to sort the dates out for the winter series at Proline Dirt Arena
As this is on line just waiting for 2 clubs to come back to us with there dates,

There will be a 2 day meeting, King of Dirt I beleave it will be called possibly trucks could be included in this. Or a one off meeting for trucks say winter Nats, with 2wd to back it up. Just some more thoughts in the pot will have a word with Tony, Lee, Marion (food Lady, Nice chips) see what we can come up with.

Proline tyres and I am sure we can sort the std corr type truck std type motor,
with fun as maen piont.
open truck for all other types.

Phill T
Old 16-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRU View Post
We are trying to sort the dates out for the winter series at Proline Dirt Arena
As this is on line just waiting for 2 clubs to come back to us with there dates,

There will be a 2 day meeting, King of Dirt I beleave it will be called possibly trucks could be included in this. Or a one off meeting for trucks say winter Nats, with 2wd to back it up. Just some more thoughts in the pot will have a word with Tony, Lee, Marion (food Lady, Nice chips) see what we can come up with.

Proline tyres and I am sure we can sort the std corr type truck std type motor,
with fun as maen piont.
open truck for all other types.

Phill T
Less rules the better for the CORR class please gets my vote,people tend to exclude themselves if they can`t conform with what they already have.Does it matter in a fun class? If folks want rules they should surely be racing buggys or something else.So what if a top racer turns up with a fully modded car and blitzes the field,it is no fun if you have a massive advantage so i doubt that will happen and extra kudos for those who play fair even if they don`t win.
It`s about fun.
Just my thoughts
Old 16-07-2009

i kind of agree but still think tyres and motors should be in the rules :-)
power is nothing with out control
Old 16-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezzer View Post
i kind of agree but still think tyres and motors should be in the rules :-)
power is nothing with out control
Yeh agree'd, loosely.

Tires and motor rule/recommendation but id say a "loose" rule. As say *Joe Newby* turns up, he'll have no advantage in having a 7.5 over a 10.5, but for someone who can drive a little, should be encouraged to keep it fair. But don't turn people away for it, just encourage/recommend people who can to reduce throttle end point on tranny..... after all, its just fun, id rather race people on a level playing field (not literally) but I wouldn't want anybody to get turned away (as the more racers the better) or be forced to spend on a motor if they already have just 1 to use (it is a cheap class afterall)...
Old 22-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Why don't we have 2 classes?
CORR for stock trucks that have an 8.5 limit and have to use kit tyres, springs, shocks etc.

and-
WSORR which is basically an outlaw class where anything goes.

There will always be those that want to come along with all their top gear and just see how fast they can go.
Whereas, the majority of us will be there for the racing and fun, and so will run CORR.

Maybe instead of doing a National series, how about just having 2/3 GP events per year? A bit like the Micro GP's that are organised. Things like Raffles and prizes for many, from the GP sponsors etc. That way it will be more possible to run 2 classes.
I think that way, it will mean more to people to do well in a GP event than to actually have the pressure of doing a full calendar of Nats?
Old 22-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sounds like a good plan Tel...

I just want to race mine, against anyone/anything, it just needs an ESC...
Old 22-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yeah, I think that the GP events might attract more entries too, rather than national series would as (like I said) there's not the pressure to do well at all the rounds, like you would have to with a series.

The main emphasis would be fun.
Old 22-07-2009
EX-Member

I completely agree, don't think it should be a National Series but a "CML Short Coarse Championships" has a ring to it

The CSCC could be fit in between regionals and nationals etc and means you only have to take the truck. Not a buggy in sight?? Could be done as individual GP's as already mentioned. Therefore doesn't matter if you can only get to 3 of the 6 for example.

Could even be the CML Raceway if pidge wants to lets us play in his back garden haha
Old 22-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I could do the reports for RRCi.

Just to get some more coverage of these beasts.
Old 22-07-2009

HRCC are going to hold an open (gp) event on the 18th Oct in Leominster (indoors) supported by cml if anyone is up for that.

Early days yet but the date is set.

Planned for SC trucks only (hopefully)

I like the idea of a stock or mod class I will discuss it with the others and see.

I will keep you informed when I hear anything else

Chris Bottle
Old 23-07-2009

Send a message via MSN to Ben Turner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
HRCC are going to hold an open (gp) event on the 18th Oct in Leominster (indoors) supported by cml if anyone is up for that.

Im loving the idea of a Stock/modified class. Box stock with something like a 13.5 would provide awesome racing! Yes i guess they would a fair bit slower then the 'Open' class but i don't think there would be enough difference to warrant running the 2 classes if the 'Stock' class ran something like a 10.5. I think RRCi ran 27t offroad years ago and it was brilliant racing.

Ben
Old 01-08-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Ran my SC10 last night, most fun I have had in a long while. Was bloomin ace tbh!

Can't wait for the next time out.
Thanks to the person who lent me a T4 wishbone to keep me going last night (don't know who it was). Will bring a replacement and straight pin to keep your truck going!