Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Stotfold MCC

Old 02-01-2013

Default Schumacher Tyres

Hi all. Can someone just clarify for me please what tyres I need to buy for my B44.2. From what I understand the control tyre is schumacher mini spikes and it would be yellow for the dry, silver for the wet and green for in between. My questions are:

1) Are the tyres a standard size so should fit the wheels that came with the B44.2 kit.

2) What foam inserts should I be looking at to fit inside the tyres and how do they work.

3) How many sets of tyres would you advise on getting per track condition, incase tyres or wheels split etc.

4) Will another type of wheel fit the B44.2, (was looking at perhaps putting spoked rather than dish wheels on it) just to be a bit different and if there are any that fit.

Sorry about all the questions but just want to get going now and couldn't find anything on the forum about this in general.

Thanks Again.

Gary.
Old 02-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi I can help a bit

1) yes the tyres will fit your kit rims,

2) I use Mr O foams inserts, but you can go with schumacker mediums or softs I think,

3) this time of year a set of silvers should last you the day on the back, it's good to have a spare set
on my laser I use greens on the front,now used them for three meetings (I'm going to try silvers on the front but I like my car very forgiving...as I'm getting a bit old for knife edge reactions)
You could also have a set of rear greens glued up if you wish but for the last few meetings I have used silvers on the back every time,

4) can't realy help there

My advice is biased on a ZX5 that I have had some quite good results with at stotfold in the last couple of months, but other's may well offer diffrent advice to me

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzabruv105 View Post
Hi all. Can someone just clarify for me please what tyres I need to buy for my B44.2. From what I understand the control tyre is schumacher mini spikes and it would be yellow for the dry, silver for the wet and green for in between. My questions are:

1) Are the tyres a standard size so should fit the wheels that came with the B44.2 kit.

2) What foam inserts should I be looking at to fit inside the tyres and how do they work.

3) How many sets of tyres would you advise on getting per track condition, incase tyres or wheels split etc.

4) Will another type of wheel fit the B44.2, (was looking at perhaps putting spoked rather than dish wheels on it) just to be a bit different and if there are any that fit.

Sorry about all the questions but just want to get going now and couldn't find anything on the forum about this in general.

Thanks Again.

Gary.

Gary,

first of all hi again, but to let you know, there is no control tyre on normal sunday racing.
control tyres are only used for our sponsored winter series and they are schuey mini spikes of any compound on the rear axle only.

On normal sunday race days you can run whatever you have got or want to use!!!!!!

i cant comment on tyre wear because everybodys driving style is different.

certainly have a couple of full sets of wheels and tryes of different compounds available in changable conditions, but atm 1 set of scheuy silvers or BB greens will do fine for a few meetings.

Adrian
Old 04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
Hi I can help a bit

1) yes the tyres will fit your kit rims,

2) I use Mr O foams inserts, but you can go with schumacker mediums or softs I think,

3) this time of year a set of silvers should last you the day on the back, it's good to have a spare set
on my laser I use greens on the front,now used them for three meetings (I'm going to try silvers on the front but I like my car very forgiving...as I'm getting a bit old for knife edge reactions)
You could also have a set of rear greens glued up if you wish but for the last few meetings I have used silvers on the back every time,

4) can't realy help there

My advice is biased on a ZX5 that I have had some quite good results with at stotfold in the last couple of months, but other's may well offer diffrent advice to me
Thanks racingdwarf. Will look at those foams.
Old 04-01-2013

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckster522 View Post
Gary,

first of all hi again, but to let you know, there is no control tyre on normal sunday racing.
control tyres are only used for our sponsored winter series and they are schuey mini spikes of any compound on the rear axle only.

On normal sunday race days you can run whatever you have got or want to use!!!!!!

i cant comment on tyre wear because everybodys driving style is different.

certainly have a couple of full sets of wheels and tryes of different compounds available in changable conditions, but atm 1 set of scheuy silvers or BB greens will do fine for a few meetings.

Adrian
Adrian, hello again and thanks for the advice. Was thinking of just going with the schumachers as that way I dont have to spend out extra on different tyres. If the club uses them as the control tyre then I may as well just use them all the time (besides, as a noob I probably wouldnt be able to tell the difference, lol).

Guess with the wheels, I want to know are the hex front and rear standard size for 1/10 buggies so can I just go and buy any set of wheels for 1/10 wheels aslong as they are for buggies or do each manufacturer of buggy provide different sized hexes. Hope this makes sense. Lol.
Old 07-01-2013

Gary,

I agree with you regarding the tyres. I could count on one hand the number of times I've bothered using Ballistic Buggy tyres at Stotfold (that's over several years now). You should find the Schumacher tyres will be as good, if not better, in nearly all conditions (assuming you're using the appropriate compound).

Regarding wheels, why not just keep things simple to start with? Stick with the standard Associated version – use the part numbers from the manual to check against what you order. I doubt they'll be significantly more or less expensive than any other type of wheel.

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the B44.2 so can't comment on whether other manufacturers' wheels will fit.

Andy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzabruv105 View Post
Adrian, hello again and thanks for the advice. Was thinking of just going with the schumachers as that way I dont have to spend out extra on different tyres. If the club uses them as the control tyre then I may as well just use them all the time (besides, as a noob I probably wouldnt be able to tell the difference, lol).

Guess with the wheels, I want to know are the hex front and rear standard size for 1/10 buggies so can I just go and buy any set of wheels for 1/10 wheels aslong as they are for buggies or do each manufacturer of buggy provide different sized hexes. Hope this makes sense. Lol.
Old 07-01-2013

Cheers for the advice Adrian. Thats the problem with me I am afraid with almost everything I show an interest in. I always try to run before I can walk. My wife is always looking at me like some disappointed mother at her stupid child. Lol.

Been looking at the B44.2 thread on rctech and some of its starting to make sense now.

Got a good deal on a set of Losi Xcelorin 5200 lipos at MB Models yesterday. £50 delivered down from £80 so well happy as they are good batteries. Sent Kev at Inside line rc an email re electrics today so they will be ordered soon too.

May be a while before I get down to race though as wife's given me three bedrooms to decorate as expecting third child. Hoping to get down for the work party if I can though, but don't hold me to that.

Thanks again mate.
Old 08-01-2013