Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 05-07-2013

Default Looking to upgrade to a quality 2wd

Afternoon all,

I'm currently running a Team C TP02C, I've been mostly happy with it until recently. I'm looking to replace it with one of the following:

Kyosho RB6
Yokomo B-Max2 MR
Team C TM2

The kyosho is a fair bit pricier than the other two, is it worth the extra cash?
The yokomo looks just as well made and specced as the kyosho but why is it so cheap in comparison?
The TM2 seems to be the 'in thing' at the moment but the gearbox sounds like a bag of spanners. It also comes across as a parts bin special, tc02c body and front end, 4wd rear etc. Why is it so popular?

I've never been that impressed with the build quality of my tp02c but can forgive it for the price.

I want a tough, high quality and competitive buggy to replace it. Which of the three listed would fit the bill?
Old 05-07-2013
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

cut your time down and your losses and just buy the rb6 you no its the right decision
and hell yeh its worth the extra
Old 05-07-2013
No trade access

I ran the RB6 for one year now and I'm very pleased.
I have to say though it might need a few extra and considering how expensive it is already stock that's not a cheap option to start with.
But you will hardly broke anything, even on big crashes, very reassuring while racing. Best diffs and shocks by far. Ballcups will stay put unless you got a very big hit (where you would have broke the whole front on another car)

On the other hand the Bmax is a great car box stock, quite fast and durable. Not the same quality but a very well designed car (build one for a friend and all went well and seems quite strong without slop new and over the season).
Quite cheap so you might consider changing car over the year. Don't broke much except front C-hubs. Nice value.
Old 06-07-2013

I've owned the tm2 and have to say its a great car and its came 5th in the recent 2wd national at broxtowe there strong and reliable but the down side is that they run a geared diff so in low grip they are not that good but on high grip tracks they are really good now for what I own now which is a kyosho rb6 parts are expensive but they are really strong I've only bent a front & rear shock shaft and as far as it goes well I ain't selling it for love nor money nuff sed hope this I a impartial piece of advice lol
Old 06-07-2013

I appreciate the advice. I can justify the cost of the rb6 but not any upgrades on top of it. Looks like the bmax is the one ill go for. Why did you get rid of the tm2?
Old 13-07-2013

the yokomo bmax2 mr is a sweet car and for about £200 its a no brainer
and the rb6 is very good but very over priced
Old 20-07-2013

I would agree that the RB6 is excellent and it is slightly overpriced.
But, it is made in Japan, not Taiwan or China.

You don't really need upgrades, I don't think so anyway.

Theres only 3 I would consider if I were to buy another 2wd buggy, the RB6, Bmax2 and the Serpent when it comes out, I've a feeling it'll be a great buggy.
Although I havn't seen or driven a Bmax2, I just like it for some reason.

The others may be nice but I think just missing something or needs so many extra bits to get to the same level as an RB6 for example (although the RB6 doesn't come with any lush bits (it should for the price) but it's not really needed).