Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 01-04-2012

Default Coventry setup

Hi all.
Hope those of you that went had a nice days racing at the regional in Coventry.

I'm a Coventry local racing an X2C but couldn't make it to the track today.

I would love to know what peoples setups looked like so if anyone could post up what worked I'd appreciate it.

Regards
Ben
Old 02-04-2012

Hi Ben,

We used kit springs all round (Black) with 25wt oil in the rear with 1.4mm holes in the piston. On the front we used 30wt oil and kit piston.

Started off on Ballistic greens on the rear with staggers on the front as it was damp and moved to yellow mini spikes on the rear as it dried out.
Old 02-04-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jackson View Post
Hi all.
Hope those of you that went had a nice days racing at the regional in Coventry.

I'm a Coventry local racing an X2C but couldn't make it to the track today.

I would love to know what peoples setups looked like so if anyone could post up what worked I'd appreciate it.

Regards
Ben
Hi Ben,
I finished 15th at Coventry yesterday which I was most pleased with on my first visit to the new astro. I'll be posting my set up later this evening for all to have a look at, I'll also be posting my indoor set up that I use for my weekly club meetings
Old 02-04-2012

Well done on the Cov result Alec.I'd be interested in your thoughts on weight(s).
I've only run my X2C indoors and ended up just using a under servo weight. Now with out doors racing this may change.
Old 02-04-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by toooldskool View Post
Well done on the Cov result Alec.I'd be interested in your thoughts on weight(s).
I've only run my X2C indoors and ended up just using a under servo weight. Now with out doors racing this may change.
I've tried under servo weights in 39 and 72 grams and under lipo weight in 62 and 90 grams. Every combination of the above work but at the moment I'm running 20 grams of weight as far forward in the nose as possible and that's all, the car is really agile like this and certainly won't suit everyone but I love the way it handles like this.
Old 02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
I've tried under servo weights in 39 and 72 grams and under lipo weight in 62 and 90 grams. Every combination of the above work but at the moment I'm running 20 grams of weight as far forward in the nose as possible and that's all, the car is really agile like this and certainly won't suit everyone but I love the way it handles like this.
That's an interesting concept running so little weight, the front end when i watched you go round seemed planted. Currently i'm running 65g of weight in the front with 50 grams on top or around the servo in my monkey & have 15g sat in the tray where the electrics are sat. On the rat chassis i always ran with 70 grams of weight all around the servo, in the kickplate etc & added a scoop cut from lexan or plasticard going from the front bumper plate up to the top of where the shocks fit to the tower.. this helped a lot as with the rear motor configuration i found the car needed a bit extra to push it down on high speed straights, going into sweeping bends or to ensure it was more agile in the air, with the monkey configuration the chassis weight is more balanced so it's all about keeping the front end stable i find rather than pushing the front end down into the ground.
Old 03-04-2012
oOple Advertiser

Haven't forgotten the setup sheets for Coventry and The indoor setup I promised, I've done them but can't find a way of uploading the files yet lol. I'll work it out this morning and get them up here
Old 03-04-2012

Here's my set-up for the final (attached).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ian_Maddock_cov_regional-page-001 (1).jpg (293.7 KB, 33 views)
Old 05-04-2012
oOple Advertiser

I need help here fellas ......... How the hell do you post these editable set up sheets back up on here, it just says the file is too big. HELP
Old 05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
I need help here fellas ......... How the hell do you post these editable set up sheets back up on here, it just says the file is too big. HELP
I had the same problem, hence why my set-up is in JPEG format & not PDF. I had to convert the PDF document into JPEG format & then upload the JPEG

do a google for a pdf to jpeg conversion site - there are a few out there that will do it for free, although i use a programme called Boxoft PDF to JPEG. i'm sure the sites will do a suitable job though, then simply upload the JPEG as the attachment in the reply by clicking the paperclip in the panel above the textbox where you make a reply.