Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Caldicot Radio Control Car Club

Old 22-10-2011

Default RC set needed.

Quote:
Hi,

I've had an Etronics Pulse tx and RX for about 6 months and during the last two meetings I've started to get RC problems. In the first case the RC decided to just stop for about 30 seconds in one race and last night I had two split second black outs, one resulted in a small crash. No damage has resulted so far but what if it happens at the end of the straight

So, I need to buy a new stick set. My first thought was another Futaba 3GR. I used one for a bit a few years ago, but oddly I had some black out's with that as well. That was a totally different car and set up?

I've tried to look at stick sets in the shops but I never seem to see in the shops what I see at the track. So there must be lots of other stick sets out there that I know nothing about.

Any sugestions for a reliable stick set?
Also has anybody had problems with there Etronic Pulse ?

Thanks.
Hi All,

I posted this in the main electrics section on here, but the miserable gits can't be bothered to reply

So do any of my nice club members know of a GOOD TX and RX 2.4 set ?

Rob
Old 22-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I run the Sanwa Exzes X that has built in 2.4
Its been very reliable for me touch wood
Old 22-10-2011
Mad Member

I responded, to be honest your heading is crap. It should of read something like "New Stick TX recommendations" or "what stick TX would you recommend"?

Anyway, what's you budget?
Old 22-10-2011

Thank you Mattybucks for replying, it's a pitty others didn't, crap title or not.

Daves Sanwa seems to be about £380 or more. That's a huge amount of cash to shell out for such a low channel number TX. Sanwa do a 10channel 2.4 for heli's etc for only £430, Cant see why a 2-4 channel is £380 ??

http://www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.uk/..._shopping_feed

For flying heli's, I have a JR 9XII 2.4 9 channel. That's a TOP END TX and only cost me about £500 new ! So even half that seems steep for a 2 channel.

My budget is nothing really as I'll have to find the money form somewhere. So as the recomendations come in, I'll have to look at them one by one and see if I can get the money together. At a push, I'll strech to a new 3GR, but as I said, I've had problems with them also.

I've just looked at the Ripmax site. Why can you get about 5 6ch 2.4 TX's for about £150, yet the 3ch is over £200? Seems to be some ripping off here ??
Old 22-10-2011

rob my recerver was playing up with my Etronics Pulse iv got the futaba t3vcs and its the dogs u could get a 2nd hand one
ANSMANN 2.png
Old 22-10-2011

Rob, Steve Axeman Had his K.O 2.4 up for sale. I don't know if he's sold it yet thou?
Old 22-10-2011

Thanks for that Chris, Steve and I have a little deal going on at the moment, so there maybe a deal that can be done if he still has it
Old 22-10-2011
Mad Member

I have a KO esprit 3 on 2.4ghz with 2 receivers for sale. £230 delivered to Caldicott.
Old 22-10-2011

That's good to hear Rob. Cus if you do buy Steve's K.O. It'll be a good buy as he really looks after his stuff and it'll be in good condition and plus it's got yellow stickers on it!!! And we all know you love Yellow.
Old 22-10-2011

Oh my Thomj316, you have a cheek

After the way you spoke to me on the Durango side, I'd give up RC car racing before I bought ANYTHING from you !

You will notice I made this post public, just for you !

"Sorry if i seem harsh" back at you !
Old 22-10-2011
Mad Member

Ok Rob, im not gonna make you buy anything. Only offering that's all.

p.s, my name is Jamie Thomas, most of the guys at Caldi know me and im tidy enough.

However i wont tolerate snotty p.m's like the one in which you sent me. I gave genuine advise in which i got a crappy response to, you admitted you'd had a stressful day searching for a 210 but venting it on me through p.m wasn't a good idea.

Im not going to hold a grudge against you, im sure ill see you at Caldicott on my next visit or perhaps you might come down to Swansea's WRCA round next month. Catch you soon anyway.
Old 22-10-2011

Not wanting to blow this up into a stupid forum bust up, but at no point did I say I had a stressful day. I don't get stressed about looking for a model car. Thank you for your offer anyway.
Old 22-10-2011

Send a message via MSN to Balders Send a message via Skype™ to Balders

Mike Baldwin - Caldicot
Old 22-10-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

I have the Sanwa like belsten, top bit of kit, very happy
You can't really go wrong with the ko esprit 2R or 3, futaba 3Vc/ vcs or the sanwa's
Old 23-10-2011

My KO 3 is not for for sale as it has andy griffs lucky man glue on it.

I have matt williams ko espirit 2 here for sale it is mint and he's after a £100 for it.
Old 23-10-2011

I've run a Futaba 3gr for the last three years in both 1/10th & nitro with absolutely no issues,although the receivers are a bit big if space is an issue,also the receivers are now just over £100 (in the UK) something to bare in mind if you run a 2nd car
They do come up for sale occasionally 2nd hand for around £100-£120 (handset & receiver)

Trader feedback...
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71837
Old 23-10-2011

It's all money money money, but I have been told I may solve my problem with a power cap. I have bought two (no need to pull yours out now Pete, thanks anyway) in the hope it fixes the brown outs.

Fingers crossed.
Old 23-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Hi Rob,

I run the same handset as you, I had the old black receiver system for over 8months and I have had two issues, the first being a black out last week as I mounted the receiver on its side in the 22 - The shock from landing the car off the cross over caused the revived to fail due to it not being well supported and being bashed ablut, The second being a glitch at Cobra club championship as i snapped the internal wire twisting the main areal like an animal.

Due two the second issue I sent it back to CML and got a replacement blue receiver unit,I think for the money its a brilliant system

James and I both run the same unit across a rang of cars and we don't run a power cap if that's any help
Old 23-10-2011

Thanks for that Millzy

I don't think it's a mounting issue as the RX is always mounted flat to the chassis. It is a bit of a pain getting the wire into the 210's arial mount, so that may have damaged the wire, BUT, I was getting the same problems in the Cougar the other week, so it can't be a damaged wire. The wire mounting in the cougar is easy, so I doubt it was damaged fitting it to the Cougar.

I just don't know. All my hopes are on this power cap, otherwise I'm buying the Sanwa Exzes X like Dave's.

It's the blue RX I've got. I know Huw and Rich have had problems with is set.
Old 23-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman View Post
My KO 3 is not for for sale as it has andy griffs lucky man glue on it.
Off topic, but eurgh, he could have cleaned it before selling it to you!