Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 24-03-2013

Default x2c motor set up please

hi all

im new to this hobbie i fly helicopters so only new to the car world not rc in general
im running a x2c pro for carpet racing ive fitted a 10.5t sensored motor with a speed passion gt 2.0 lpf esc ,im after some setups tips with boast and turbo timing and what is best so if some one could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated
Old 06-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex700 View Post
hi all

im new to this hobbie i fly helicopters so only new to the car world not rc in general
im running a x2c pro for carpet racing ive fitted a 10.5t sensored motor with a speed passion gt 2.0 lpf esc ,im after some setups tips with boast and turbo timing and what is best so if some one could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated
leave it in Blinky (standard) until you get used to it. It's easier to use adaptions to your gearing before tinkering with motor settings & timing as a lot of turbo / timing etc is more suited for on-road.. some may say otherwise but personally i don't bother with it. You want to gear the car accordingly so a) it reaches top speed at the end of the straight b) so the motor doesn't get too hot before tinkering with timing etc.