Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 06-02-2014
Mad Member

Default Sticky this?

Just pulled this from the ribble valley sub forum. Really good, I think something similar on batley's would be great.

I did get a bit upset in my final Sunday to be fair, sorry folks.

Put some of my own pet hates in bold, RAWR!

If everyone reads this then we should all enjoy our racing more.

RC Racing Etiquette

The #1 priority is to have fun (and maybe win) while also allowing others to have fun.

Passing

If you are being lapped, don't fight the position to a faster car, you should look to let them pass as soon as it is safe. Let the faster driver know you will let them pass at the next corner, and go wide at the corner allowing them to get the apex and pass.

If you and the other driver are competing for position you must Wait for the appropriate time to overtake if you have the faster car don't just bully your way through, make the pass as safely as possible and remember, everyone is racing. If you hit a car from behind and they crash, you must let them pass to reclaim their position

No corner-cutting or short-cutting the track. If you accidentally short-cut, wait either for a marshal to return you to the correct part of the track, or wait long enough to ensure that no advantage is gained. This applies even if you accidentally short-cut due to a crash that is not your fault.

On the rostrum

Be courteous to the other drivers:

Don't lean forward and obscure the view of the track.

No profanity

If you make a mistake let the other driver know you're sorry...otherwise it looks like you did it on purpose

If for some reason, your car ends up on the straight and you are waiting to be marshalled make a nice loud announcement such as, "CAR ON THE STRAIGHT"

Once your car is clear from a potentially dangerous spot, announce that it is clear.

Sometimes the marshal might have missed your car...or may be helping another car, please be patient.

Marshalling

You need to marshall the race after yours. If you don't marshall, then you wont be able to go in your next race.

Your #1 priority is to get the cars that are racing back into the race, but don't forget:

Don't neglect another car that is stuck because you are performing repairs to a car on the track

Take a quick look at the car to make sure nothing is broken … the last thing you want to do is to put a car that has some kind of failure back on the track and have it get even more damage after it crashes again.

Put the cars back down on the same side where they went off. Do not advance them on the track.

Ensure that you check for oncoming cars before you place a car back on the track … don't be the marshal that causes a crash.

Be alert and attend to cars quickly and appropriately.

Check for oncoming cars before running across a section of the track.

If you need to wait for a gap between cars before returning to your marshalling position, squat down to ensure that you do not obstruct the view of the drivers.
Old 06-02-2014

Hopefully people will read and take note. Driving and marshalling standards are none existant at the minute, and have slowly been
getting worse week by week.
Old 06-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pank View Post
Hopefully people will read and take note. Driving and marshalling standards are none existant at the minute, and have slowly been
getting worse week by week.
+1

But theres more to add, like if your overtaken you DON'T use the person who's just overtaken you as a brake going into the next corner, the aim being to take them out and regain position.

If there is a collision and cars are tangled DON'T nail the throttle and rought all over others cars and round and round in circles so the marshalls can't get you.

If your hung up on the track markers and can't get free DON'T keep it pinned and intentionally move the track until your free.

If the track markers do get moved marshalls should do their best to replace them to the original position, not just leave them!

If you can't control your ballistic car, stop being a bell slow it down!

ETC, ETC, ETC

We don't want to become a bashing club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 06-02-2014

Well said and so true
Old 06-02-2014

I like using you as a brake Mr Ralph and as for Danny, well, its the only way I can get past, ramming his car from behind. There's no need to wait either, I just carry on and move anyone else in the way to.....

On a serious note, driving standards are poor and marshalling leaves a lot to be desired, along with the track being different every round....its put me off coming for the last few weeks...
Team Corally
Exotek

www.batleybuggyclub.com
www.rccarshop.co.uk

Trader Feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169814
Old 06-02-2014

Interesting thread....particularly as my car was stuck on a track marker while Danny, who was supposed to be marshaling, was talking to an adjacent marshal..!!
Seriously though, it all comes down to respect..... for other drivers and the track.. If someone is driving badly, let them know ( politely of course ! ) if the track gets out of shape, put it back, don't expect someone else to do it....Don't retaliate, if someone whacks your car don't deliberately "get them back"!
We can't expect Dianne to continually monitor behaviour, she has enough to do.
We can all do our bit.
Back in the day at Aire Valley when we had these problems, committee members would take responsibility to point out "errors", and ,at times, we had a chief Marshall who would monitor behaviour......
Old 06-02-2014

I must admit to being quite surprised at the number of people who seem to think it's acceptable after crashing out of a close fight for position, to deliberately short cut a track, even at the smaller, not exactly world championship, village hall event, to close back up to those they were battling with. Bit difficult to tell a kid it's not the thing to do when adults do it.

And swearing. I don't get it. Grown men, playing with toy cars on an evening or afternoon, swearing at other drivers, marshals, with kids and ladies about. I can swear with the best of them if required, or if the environment calls for it - 2am in an areoplane factory in Texas and some twonk puts us back a day due to a stupid mistake is what I consider a suitable environment - shouting and swearing at an enthusiastic kid who is 3 nano-seconds late in marshalling your car before you've even finished your own crash on a sunday afternoon in a local sports hall isn't. And to continue once it's pointed out even worse! And I'm aware kids and some ladies can swear too - but that doesn't in any way make it acceptable.

It's put me off Batley to some degree. I can't remember noticing it so much back when I used to race rather more seriously as a teenager.

And the fast guys at clubs, not exactly giving the slower youngsters the same respect as they themselves expect from marshals paying attention, not stood up close chatting, or wandering down the track while a race is on - it puts them off too.

Bri
Old 07-02-2014

Default reply to thread

Its about time you all had a look at yourselves, what were you like when you
were their age. these youngsters give their heart and soul into marshalling
only to be shouted at if they dont get there at record time, the idea of a marshal is to assist when you crash your car not to be shouted at when YOU
crash AND IT WOULD BE GOOD IF YOU MARSHAL THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE
MARSHALLED.
Taking a look at the driving manners, nobody is perfect and the youngsters will copy you and they will think its ok to use the car in front as a brake or just
drive through you, but by doing this you have a good chance of taking both
cars out of the race and that is disappointment and may be the end of a days
racing.
ALAN
Old 07-02-2014

Nobodies particually singling kids out, I'd quite happily race with Isaac or Thomas anyday, its a sweeping statement/observation meant for all ages and ability.
----AE B6.4----
Old 07-02-2014

Hopefully then all those drivers interested in good standards , and have read this thread, will now do their bit and set a good example as well as maintain the track..
Let's see on Sunday
Old 08-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harrison View Post

I did get a bit upset in my final Sunday to be fair, sorry folks.
A bit!
Old 08-02-2014

Send a message via MSN to tommygun Send a message via Yahoo to tommygun Send a message via Skype™ to tommygun

After 5years of doing this, I've improved on not taking out other people, unless it is Paul Vernon
Old 08-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
After 5years of doing this, I've improved on not taking out other people, unless it is Paul Vernon
I'm beginning to think you've formed a club
Old 08-02-2014
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRalph77 View Post
I'd quite happily race with Isacc or Thomas anyday,
I know, it's always good to have some quicker drivers to drag you round eh Neil?
Old 08-02-2014

To right you only improve by racing with those better than you, and I'm bigger so can bully them
----AE B6.4----
Old 09-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRalph77 View Post
To right you only improve by racing with those better than you, and I'm bigger so can bully them
Old 15-02-2014
Mad Member

Sorry if this stirred a few pots, that wasnt my intention. It was partly a knee jerk reaction, but I do think its useful for new racers too.

Love ya Dianne