Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 15-01-2008

Default fleeebay

Is it me or is fleebay f***** up at the minute, i was browsing through and noticed something that i fancied, its 99p start with a reserve but said she had it advertised elsewhere,
So i mailed asking how much she had it advertised elsewhere for.
And the replie was.

"I can't tell you how much i have it advertised for"
is it because im not in the mason's

I know people say advertised elswhere so they have a get out clause if it doesn't make the money they want, but she has a reserve so if it makes the reserve she should be happy with it right????

some people
Old 15-01-2008
Lee-Mag

I never use ebay anymore, it used to be cheap but so many people are in it now to make money, people are always bumping up prices and pulling the items off if they dont reach a certain price, it just seems a big con to me. Unless your buying from an ebay shop.

I know there are honest people on there but your lucky to find one nowadays
Old 15-01-2008

Default ebay nonsense

I was bitten by this as a seller recently - it's a really bad grey area at the moment.

<rant>
I was selling some bits on eBay, they were also advertised right here in the For Sale section so I included that text in my listing "these items are advertised elsewhere..... blah blah blah...." as a courtesy to anyone viewing the items.

Anyway, someone complained to eBay and the auctions were all deleted.

I objected and asked eBay why they had been removed.

They kept on saying that including text 'like that' was against the eBay selling policy, but they couldn't point me to exactly where on their policies section it detailed this.

After many weeks it turns out that internally, eBay consider this against their policies but it's not offically stated anywhere on their website.

In my eye's it's not an official policy unless it's printed on the website.

Eventually I relisted without any problems once I'd pointed out that they had no 'official' right to delete the listings.

Items sold, everyone happy - eventually.....

</rant>
Old 15-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I was selling my old Kyosho 777 on there last year, 7 day listing on the last day Ebay removed it and sent me an email saying I had broken the rules as I said it was Kyosho 777, losi, Mugen.(as we all do) Ok but have a look at ebay and everybody does it!! so why pull my listing????? listed again no probs. I was selling loads of tyres at the same time in the same way, and they said nothing............??????

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 15-01-2008
Lee-Mag

Yeah i got all my on road stuff pulled, i put an aerial tube up for sale for 99p the car setup system , tyre warmers, etc etc were all extra

Funnily enough they didnt like that
Old 15-01-2008

I had the same problem, what really annoyed me is that they waited till the day before the 7 day listing ended to pull it for using terms "like.....
" in my title! eventually relisted and sold, just frustrating!
Old 15-01-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
I was selling my old Kyosho 777 on there last year, 7 day listing on the last day Ebay removed it and sent me an email saying I had broken the rules as I said it was Kyosho 777, losi, Mugen.(as we all do) Ok but have a look at ebay and everybody does it!! so why pull my listing?????
It's keyword spamming and definitely against the rules. The reason yours was pulled is either because someone has reported it (they can't keep track of all the millions of auctions they have) or it's triggered on of their automated tracking, which means it picks up words suchs as like, not, similar. They all have to be manually deleted so there's no telling when or if it will get pulled.

I always wonder why people do it at times, in your case if I was after a 777 I wouldn't put Mugen in the search box

Please feel free to report any spamming to them
Old 15-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I love computer people............spam is in a can aint it. and spamming was a slap in the playground at school

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 15-01-2008
Mad Member

I get annoyed at people who put LRP NOSRAM AE LOSI HPI in titles, you dont see shops doing that, go to real auctions you dont see that so why???

I've never had any real problems with ebay. If anything looks at all iffy I dont bid, or ask the seller some questions
Old 15-01-2008

the thing that hacks me the most is when you get bids from bidder 1, 2 3 etc....they bump your auction price up so no genuine bidders will look...and then ask if you will post to nicaragua or some other god forsaken place....cheers pal.

I tried to sell a car on ebay with a classified ad...that was the biggest pain of all!!!!

you put the car on for a very reasonable £2k and people start ringing you at 2am saying will you take fifty pence and deliver it for free to me in the outer hebridies
Old 15-01-2008
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

use ur selling preferances and stop people bidding with various option ie low feedback or bad feedback or not from uk etc