Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Silverstone

Old 06-01-2016

Another vote for Friday's from me, for what it's worth as a newbie.
Old 06-01-2016

Default THURSDAY NIGHTS

Me and 2 mates have micros and 2 of us have 2wd vintage. We'll be there.
Old 06-01-2016

I know I'm getting old and senile...but I'm confused.
Ian started this thread about Trucks and micros on a Thursday.
It now seems to be highjacked to buggies on Friday.........

Can I suggest there be a truck thread (this one) and a buggy thread to save confusion and gauge interest
Old 06-01-2016

Hi Jez
You might have got the wrong end of that thread?

Tuesday nights is 2WD (What Silverstone do best) Buggies as usual.

Thursday/Friday depending on which night we end up with will be in the following order:

Short Course
Micro
Stadium/Vintage (2wd-4WD) Buggies.

There will be NO 2WD or 4WD Modern Buggies as they have Tuesdays.

Hope that helps?

And don't forget its all about numbers?

Ian
Old 06-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezT View Post
I know I'm getting old and senile...but I'm confused.
Ian started this thread about Trucks and micros on a Thursday.
It now seems to be highjacked to buggies on Friday.........

Can I suggest there be a truck thread (this one) and a buggy thread to save confusion and gauge interest
First line says it all.......LOL

Friday night would suit me due to work commitments on Thursday
Old 06-01-2016

Before you take the proverbial again....... Post #16, 17, 19, 20 are talking about modern buggies.....
It would be a shame to have trucks pushed out before we've even got started.

Can't do Fridays....

Last edited by JezT; 06-01-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-01-2016

OK Jez I see the threads you mean but I don't think multiple modern buggy nights every week is on the cards as it will dilute the racing.

I was asked by Matt to sort out a Thursday night SC and Micros night which will run every week.
Perhaps we will go to Friday's, perhaps we will run ST and Vintage it all depends on numbers.

I'm very happy as I have said before to accommodate as many as poss but whatever we do some people will miss out?

Ian
Old 06-01-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Before you take the proverbial again....... Post #16, 17, 19, 20 are talking about modern buggies.....

Can't do Fridays....
Come on Jez, don't be like that. That'll never happen....
Old 07-01-2016

Quote:
Absolutely.

Likewise it would be great if the new venue might allow those who cant make Tuesdays (or Thursdays!) to get some racing on a child friendly night i.e. Fridays! Seems like a potential win-win to me.

Last edited by weejimmy; 07-01-2016 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-01-2016
Mad Member

Default Nights?

How about
1 Club night tuesdays 10th off road buggies
2 Trucks, ST & vintage Thursdays
3 Buggies & micro's Fridays, (Midlands raceway do this and it gets fairly busy in both classes)

Just a suggestion.
3 nights a week i'm sure that this will easily cover financial viability issues as well as keep most people happy.
Im sure if the jumps were removable you could even run touring cars on a wednesday which also has a large following.

$$$ KEERRCCHING!!! $$$

I hope you all agree

If not I will happily accept any abuse

See you all at WS

Last edited by Zippy G; 07-01-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-01-2016

I agree with Sam and James. the only reason why we are not going on Tuesday is because of our kids schoolwork.....Yes they are not going to become professional RC car racers, I know their surname is Martin but that is where it stops.

Sam's plan seems sensible to me.

Arnaud
Old 07-01-2016

Default Dear all

All, I apologise, I haven't been on here since February so I'm just catching up on a few things. To be honest I've been asked to take a look and comment.

I'm thrilled that people are so keen to support us in this massive 'next step' adventure for the club, however, we will take everyone's opinions on board and make the best decision possible for the majority and most importantly the club.

Sam, we won't be running most nights, this is something we do for FREE and it already takes up a huge chunk of my life. I do mean a daily chunk already so the fewest times opening required to cover costs is best for all. Everyone is keen to point out what they'd like, yet making it even clearer that THEY can't commit. In my opinion it's best to start with what people can commit to and then add accordingly. People won't remember how great the club and facilities are, they'll just remember that one time they raced home from work, drove for an hour or so just to find the meeting cancelled. This has never happened on my watch and never will!

Jez, trucks will be looked after I promise. I don't want to talk about it anymore, you know I made a tough decision last year for the benefit of the club.

Please get back on topic and I'm sure Ian will keep you all informed and answer questions at his earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Matt Owen
Old 07-01-2016

Matt,

I think I am speaking on behalf of all of us in saying that we truly appreciate your commitment and hard work towards the club and RC car racing in general.

Whatever decision is taken we will first of all respect it and secondly ensure we support you and the club as well as we can.

We all expect the impeccable organisation and superb event quality from Silverstone but fully realise that it is an awful amount of work.

Thanks for everything

Arnaud
Old 07-01-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGab View Post
Matt,

I think I am speaking on behalf of all of us in saying that we truly appreciate your commitment and hard work towards the club and RC car racing in general.

Whatever decision is taken we will first of all respect it and secondly ensure we support you and the club as well as we can.

We all expect the impeccable organisation and superb event quality from Silverstone but fully realise that it is an awful amount of work.

Thanks for everything

Arnaud

I couldn't have said it better
Old 28-01-2016

hi all,

A big thanks to Matt and comittee for taking this venture on! The pure man hours plus strains on relationships is greatly appreciated and i'm sure will be worth it.

I can commit to Tuesday nights racing modern 2wd buggies and would like to race vintage cars most weeks depending on numbers. Friday would IMO be better to allow for families to go with younsters so it doesn't effect schooling.

Just a suggestion for either Thursday or Friday night whichever is decided, would features and jumps be taken out (not all) to allow for racing purposes?
A vintage car was designed to be ran on low grip conditions with a table top and small jumps in place, i don't know about the trucks but feel with only a few features in would allow for a more racing feel and also to seperate from the modern buggy tracks, a vintage rear motor car struggles to come out of a hairpin then jump where a modern car will do with ease, like i say just a suggestion.

Loving racing again and really looking forward to the new venue and what it brings to this niche hobby

Shaun
Old 28-01-2016

I don't want to jump the gun but I think Fridays will be the starting night for the new formulas at Silverstone's new venue. Obviously Tuesday's will remain as the normal Buggies 2WD & 4WD.
I will speak with Mr M.Owen tomorrow night and get something put up on here to clarify everything.

There will be:
Short Course 2WD
Short Course 4WD
Micro's
Vintage
Depending on numbers from above
(Modern 2WD Buggies Ltd No's)

Ian
Old 02-02-2016

Totally Gutted - I cant do Tuesdays anymore as I stupidly told the wife it was moving to Thursdays and now she is out Tuesdays, and cant do Fridays period. So no Short course or buggy racing for me, and with Soul RC stopping the Wednesday nights I am fresh out of luck for any midweek RC action?
Old 02-02-2016

If you're looking for a place to race try TCRCMC Thursday nights at Roade great club it's not far from Northampton always a great track layout . Come down give it a try ..
Old 02-02-2016

Ah yes, forgot about that place. Do you run SC every week or just on certain dates? I have a buggy aswell so can still get a fix?
Old 02-02-2016
Mad Member

Default When is this starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by iang454 View Post
I don't want to jump the gun but I think Fridays will be the starting night for the new formulas at Silverstone's new venue. Obviously Tuesday's will remain as the normal Buggies 2WD & 4WD.
I will speak with Mr M.Owen tomorrow night and get something put up on here to clarify everything.

There will be:
Short Course 2WD
Short Course 4WD
Micro's
Vintage
Depending on numbers from above
(Modern 2WD Buggies Ltd No's)

Ian
Hi Ian
Do we have any starting date yet?