Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > R/C Graphy!

Old 21-03-2007

Default Watermarks

Jimmy and other web gurus,

Not sure about where to put this question, so I thought I'd try R/C Graphy since it's related to pictures.

I've been thinking about putting watermarks on the pictures on my site at http://www.bigbigplanet.com and I'm wondering what's a good way of going about doing it? Is there an easy way or am I going to have to open each file with a photo editing program like Adobe Photoshop?

Jimmy, I just had a look at your review pictures and I only just noticed you only watermark some of the pictures. How do you choose which one to do and which ones not to do?

If I'm using the word watermark wrongly, please forgive the newbieness.

Thanks in advance!

Sim
Old 21-03-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

that is the correct term sim.

You us photoshop, if you don't want to edit each file, create an action in photoshop to do it for you.....
Old 21-03-2007
Administrator

Hi mate, I use a photoshop action to create my watermark - I can automate it over a bunch of files in a directory but I use it on a button, press the button and put the watermark on, simple..
You just need to set the 'action' up in photoshop to create a watermark.

In terms of review stuff, If I've not watermarked it then its because I forgot. I can go onto crazy sites in the far east, or forums in any country, and people are linking to various photos for various purposes, and/or using the images to sell their own products. So I just watermark them to let people know where the images originate.
Old 21-03-2007

i use a dedicated marking programme found here

http://www.download.com/Mark-It-Now/...ml?tag=lst-0-1

which can do as many pics at a time as you want once set up
Old 21-03-2007

Thanks for the quick replies, guys. I just tried to do one page with watermarks on a series of pictures and ... I don't know, maybe I'm not used to seeing my site like that or maybe my pictures are just too small, but it looks a bit commercial, desperate and loud with my logo all over the page.

You can see the page at http://www.bigbigplanet.com/japan/day09_2.php but I'll take the watermarks off in a day or two.

I think I'll leave the watermark off those holiday pictures and maybe only use it on some of the RC pictures (not that I have that many good ones). I can see why some people would link and steal your photos, Jimmy. Your photos are very good and R/C photos are always popular. I might not have that problem yet with my 320 X 240 travel photos so maybe I'll try not to worry about it first. What do you think?

Thanks.
Old 21-03-2007

looks cool
i personally would leave them but maybe resize them slightly as they are a bit big on some of them
Old 26-03-2007

Thanks. I've put some watermarks on my R/C pics and kept them off the travel pics. That seems to be the best balance at the moment. And you're right about keeping them small and inconspicuous too, so I've done that and also am trying to keep them more transluscent.

The watermark software you showed above works very well especially for small pictures. For the bigger ones, for some reason, it increases the file size dramatically, so I do those ones individually with an image editor.

Thanks for all the help, fellas.
Old 29-03-2007

I found this watermarking site and it works well for me.

Watermark Factory

http://www.watermarkfactory.com/default.htm