Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 07-06-2015
Mad Member

Has anybody tried the YZ2 rear end on this car as yet? Raced mine Friday again and bagged a second overall, but found it over rotating a tad, and early on in the heat the rear was very loose.
Was running 650cst/Yatabe Purple front, 4mm droop limiters, 450cst Yatabe Orange rear on the shocks, but we run on Venoms, with 4WD cut stagger front tyres, so just wondered if the YZ rear arms and shafts i have lying about would bring up that rear bite somewhat?
On the whole though, what fantastic car, my first two meetings with this car, and in 4WD have gone down very well.

Lee
Old 07-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

What roll bars are you on?

YZ2 arms and shafts made it worse for me, but i'm not running on super high grip carpet or astro. if your track is med-loew traction, stick with kit or B4-008R1 arms.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post

YZ2 arms and shafts made it worse for me, but i'm not running on super high grip carpet or astro. if your track is med-loew traction, stick with kit or B4-008R1 arms.
Med-Low, the YZ2 arms should be better. That's why on high grip we go to the BMAX arms on the YZ2.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 07-06-2015
Mad Member

Quote:

Neil thanks for the reply, im running 1.8 front, 2mm rear, 10k diff oil all round, initially is struggle for lateral grip on the Venoms, when they kick in its not too bad at all, so was pondering the YZ2 option as i do have the parts, just didnt want to then, get into insane grip roll half way in the heat i guess?
Got a lot of front grip, just over rotates a fair bit on cold tyres!
Carpet is medium in grip if say, overall though love the car, 4WD seems to suit my driving way more TBH!

Lee
Old 07-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan1875 View Post
Med-Low, the YZ2 arms should be better. That's why on high grip we go to the BMAX arms on the YZ2.
But it's not better? Car was a lot looser for me on rear in the low traction with them on. Returned to the +1 arms and it's good again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphee View Post
Neil thanks for the reply, im running 1.8 front, 2mm rear, 10k diff oil all round, initially is struggle for lateral grip on the Venoms, when they kick in its not too bad at all, so was pondering the YZ2 option as i do have the parts, just didnt want to then, get into insane grip roll half way in the heat i guess?
Carpet is medium in grip if say, overall though love the car, 4WD seems to suit my driving way more TBH!

Lee
Roll bars are fine, you could try 1.8 all round.
Try 20k front diff oil.
Old 07-06-2015

Quote:

Lee
How do you have your front hangar inserts?

You could also run -2 camber the front. Your fronts are gonna make the car over rotate in comparison to the rear tyres you are using. Try dropping your rear roll bar to 1.5 also.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 08-06-2015
Mad Member

Thanks Allan, and Neal, ill try those options first, i can drop a 1.8 rear bar in first off. Front hanger inserts are as per kit too.

lee
Old 08-06-2015

Quote:
Thanks Allan, and Neal, ill try those options first, i can drop a 1.8 rear bar in first off. Front hanger inserts are as per kit too.

lee
Kit front hangars are gonna give you extra steering also which may be what is pulling the car round. I tend to always run my front hangars in the low roll centre with the widest track. So, the inserts would be with the arrows at the bottom and facing outwards instead of inwards.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 08-06-2015
Mad Member

Ahh so both front inserts bottom and arrow out? Allan thanks a lot for all the tips, really appreciate the help, ill try all this this coming Friday!
Old 08-06-2015

Quote:
Ahh so both front inserts bottom and arrow out? Allan thanks a lot for all the tips, really appreciate the help, ill try all this this coming Friday!
Yeh give it a go, let us know how you get on.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 08-06-2015

Quote:
So standard bmaz rear for high grip
Yz rear for low grip

??

Just checkin as see lee ran yz rear end at rhr thats all

Shelf queens Losi XX4 Worlds, XX-CR

Mid East Regionals - F3

Trader Feedback
Old 08-06-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Yeh give it a go, let us know how you get on.
Will do Allan, ill have to start messing with set up sheets so i dont lose myself lol!

Lee
Old 09-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG 40 View Post
So standard bmaz rear for high grip
Yz rear for low grip

??

Just checkin as see lee ran yz rear end at rhr thats all
Yeh let me clear this up as it's probably gonna start confusing things. That's my fault as it's in the bmax section.

On the bmax, we have run the yz2 arms everywhere, low and high grip.

On the yz2, we have been running the bmax arms on high grip. I think I'm the only one to have raced low grip, but I have been switching back to kit arms for low grip.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 09-06-2015

With the +1 arms do you need to make any changes?
Old 09-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Yeh let me clear this up as it's probably gonna start confusing things. That's my fault as it's in the bmax section.

On the bmax, we have run the yz2 arms everywhere, low and high grip.

On the yz2, we have been running the bmax arms on high grip. I think I'm the only one to have raced low grip, but I have been switching back to kit arms for low grip.
Confusing the issue, on the yz2 i run the bmax4iii arms and its excellent on both high, med and low traction tracks, I've found.

On my bmax4iii, i found the narrower yz2 rear arms to be worse on sandy medium traction astro, and Yorcc gym floor low traction, so i went back to B4-008R1 arms. I've not run yz2 rear arms at RHR though.

Allan, what's the technical reasoning behind the arm width for high or low traction?
Old 13-06-2015
Mad Member

Allan, Neil, car was way way better last night. Changed the front hangers to arrows out, and i did leave the 2mm rear roll bar in, but swapped to Yatabe rear Purple springs, way better balance, managed to put it 2nd on the grid and came third due to driving like a right numpty, Finals arent my strong point lol, but for sure, car was great.
I will say on these 4wd staggers, the amount of front grip is bonkers, im running 4mm limiters in the front, may step that up to 5mm next week!

lee
Old 13-06-2015

Quote:
Confusing the issue, on the yz2 i run the bmax4iii arms and its excellent on both high, med and low traction tracks, I've found.

On my bmax4iii, i found the narrower yz2 rear arms to be worse on sandy medium traction astro, and Yorcc gym floor low traction, so i went back to B4-008R1 arms. I've not run yz2 rear arms at RHR though.

Allan, what's the technical reasoning behind the arm width for high or low traction?
I only know about track width theory from go karts mate. Narrow = grip, wide = less grip. As for the actual theory, not a clue. You could be right though, these cars don't always behave as expected so it's always worth back to back testing.

Quote:
Allan, Neil, car was way way better last night. Changed the front hangers to arrows out, and i did leave the 2mm rear roll bar in, but swapped to Yatabe rear Purple springs, way better balance, managed to put it 2nd on the grid and came third due to driving like a right numpty, Finals arent my strong point lol, but for sure, car was great.
I will say on these 4wd staggers, the amount of front grip is bonkers, im running 4mm limiters in the front, may step that up to 5mm next week!

lee
I run 5mm on high grip and 3mm on bumpy low-med grip.

Cut the outer row off the staggers, that will help a lot.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 16-06-2015

I am finding the same. Just bought a 4 III and first run on the weekend and it had a tone of steering and was also very loose and sliding in the rear. Kit setup basically with 2wd stagger ribs front and mini pins rear in yellow compound. Med/High grip indoor Carpet.

When you guys talk about 5mm of limiters in the front shocks are you saying 5 of the little Yokomo shock limiters ? Or an actual measured 5mm worth of shims ? As 5 of the Yokomo limiters would only be 4mm measured as they are only 0.8mm thick each. Kit has 2 in the front. I just put 5mm worth in and now I pretty much have no droop at all.

Is that right ? Seems like a very extreme droop reduction. Excessively so.
Old 16-06-2015

Didn't want to start a new thread but I think I read that some people were reverting back to plastic shock caps, if so apart from weight what's the reason?