Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid EAST

Old 28-02-2008
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbizzle5 View Post
10th to 1st in a final to me just means that a lot of the front runners have been wiped out!!!
10th to 1st in a final means your a f****ng hero in my book!

Old 28-02-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losixxx View Post
mid-west always run quali and finals points. 100 for each, works really well

http://www.telfordmcc.co.uk/brca-mid...20-%202007.pdf

not exactly rocket science to work out!!

See!!! If the Mid west do it like that then it must be possible for the Mid east to do it too!!!

Nice one!!
Old 28-02-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Wraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbizzle5 View Post
Talking about Formula 1 as a comparison Wraggy!
i'll get me coat ..
Old 28-02-2008

Fair enough we call it 'racing', but in my book qualifying means a lot more than the finals do.

100 100 all the way, much fairer!
Old 28-02-2008

Its not that hard to produce a macro in excell to calculate the results - i am not volunteering!!

Just to answer the earlier question the mid south runs round by round at most tracks, but not all. When round by round is run we run 2 of 4 to count.

Points awarded now as last year for finishing position only. I have to say that the end of year results for the year when qualifying points were awarded and last year still allowed the same drivers to finish at the top.

Having raced under both systems i have no preferance, the day is just as much fun!
Old 28-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4nut View Post
Its not that hard to produce a macro in excell to calculate the results - i am not volunteering!!

Just to answer the earlier question the mid south runs round by round at most tracks, but not all. When round by round is run we run 2 of 4 to count.

Points awarded now as last year for finishing position only. I have to say that the end of year results for the year when qualifying points were awarded and last year still allowed the same drivers to finish at the top.

Having raced under both systems i have no preferance, the day is just as much fun!
Pronut, I ment actual meetings to score points in, ie 3 meetings from 4 or 3 meetings from 5?

Not rounds at each individual meeting for round by round.

Just that with our region having 3 meetings to count from 4 I think to have qualifying included for your points would be fairer. If you were having 3 from 5 it wouldn't matter so much.
Old 28-02-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

mid south is 3 from 4 in both 2wd and 4wd.

if it's easy to add two numbers together then maybe you should volunteer to keep the championship scores up to date DBizzle5?

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 28-02-2008
Mad Member

Rc-timing does it automatically, Points for Qualifying and points for finals added together is what we have been running in Our schumacher touring car series for the last three years. Automatically does it.

The torc series used to do it a bit differently, where the Qualifying and finals were run as two different meetings essentially So you had 100 points for qualifying, then you got 100 points for finals. Then the amount of rounds to qualify for the championship was doubled so say you had 3 out of 4 rounds currently it would then be best 6 out of 8. Obviously if you had a crap final you could then drop that point.

Personally I think Northy is Right though, we do go to race and not qualify. I mean take the world championships, Neil Cragg wasn't on pole when he won the 2wd and it would be a bit pointless watching the finals if someone had already won it by doing 4 good runs or whatever it is at the worlds.

Adding your points together just makes your tally look bigger in the end and after a while it gets difficult to actually work out how many points you need to get at the next round to beat the guy above you.

I say leave it down to the final and watch that guy who set two fast rounds when the grass was get beaten by that slightly slower guy who has better car control

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 28-02-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mattym0310

i agree with northy.
your saying that if somebody does really well, maybe qualifys A1 and they have a bad final then its unfair to penalise them for this and they should be awarded points for doing so wel in qualifying??

well think about this... what if you have this bad luck in qualifying [instead of finals], maybe you have been put in a heat that is too low for your driving capability and this ruins your qualifying so you are in a lower final. in this final you then win it but because you arent in a final high enough to get sufficient points then you lose out. how would you feel if you were penalised for the bad luck you got in qualifying and also lost out in the final?

i personally don't see what you are complaining about, the points system works fine and as northy said it would be a lot harder to calculate

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 28-02-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattym0310 View Post
i agree with northy.
your saying that if somebody does really well, maybe qualifys A1 and they have a bad final then its unfair to penalise them for this and they should be awarded points for doing so wel in qualifying??

well think about this... what if you have this bad luck in qualifying [instead of finals], maybe you have been put in a heat that is too low for your driving capability and this ruins your qualifying so you are in a lower final. in this final you then win it but because you arent in a final high enough to get sufficient points then you lose out. how would you feel if you were penalised for the bad luck you got in qualifying and also lost out in the final?

i personally don't see what you are complaining about, the points system works fine and as northy said it would be a lot harder to calculate

that just doesnt make sense???
if you win you final how can you loose out? surely if your not in a final high enough then that because you havent driven well or had DNF's nothing to do with points scoring.
surely all region's use a the grading system for the heat list, thus you should be in qualy heat's with similar level driver's thus this wouldnt happen
and as ive said, not exactly rocket sciense to work out. after qualis finished a finals list is published, you get quali points on this and the same for final results add the 2 together sorted!! probably take's about 15minutes tops to sort

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 28-02-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

The software will all do 100 for qualifying and finals - i.e total of 200 for TQ and win.

It has alwasy been that regionals have their own take on it. A few years ago, East Anglia did it on finals only, Mid east did it on Qualifying only. Regionals can choose their own scoring as far as i know.
Old 28-02-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mattym0310

what i meant is say if you have the bad luck that your saying could happen in the finals, but in qualifying and this puts you in a lower final so you then dont get the points you could in the final and the bad luck you've had in qualifying would push you even lower due to you getting less points for this position.

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 28-02-2008
Mad Member

but that could be the same as if you have a good qualiy but DNF in the final! swings and roundabouts really, i prefer the 2 lots of points

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 28-02-2008

If the software is there to be used. Why not put it to the vote at the first regional?

Think 100 100 would win.
Old 28-02-2008

i think what we have to do is accept the rules as they are for this season, as it is the first year that so many clubs have shown any interest in the regionals in the mid-east. at the end of the season have a mini egm btween the clubs, discuss things that have come up during the season and establish a new set of rules for the following season.
Old 28-02-2008

Hi all,

Thanks for the input and debate on the point system, it shows the region is alive and well!

After a discussion with Charlie I have decided on the following options for points for 2008.

1. To carry on with the current system as per the National series which is the 130 points system with an additional point for TQ

2. To use the 100 points system for qualification and 100 points system Finals, no additional points for TQ as it's already covered by the qualification points.

Both are proven to work.

When qualifying for finals with no points awarded for qualification, every driver knows he is just looking for 2 good scores to get him into the A final without "racing" other drivers.

When scoring points in the qualification stage, every round becomes more like a final and the racing can become scrappy especially with the lower grades.

When away drivers attend we can allow them to run in the qualifying heats with drivers from the region be remove them from the points system and put them into a seperate final of there own.

This can cause some delays and additional work for the holding club as the computer system will need the finals to be manually ammended, but should not cause to much of a problem.

Also we do not know what computer system the clubs are using and a manual scoring system will be used for now. I created last years system in Excel and I'm happy to do the same again as I work with Excel every day.

So with all the above what is your preference on the 2 options for points in 2008.

Thanks

Jim Balls BRCA Mid East Rep
Old 28-02-2008
Mad Member

I say do the same as the nationals at least it eliminates tied points for a round.

At the end of the day either way, to get a good points score and be as high as possible. Take getting BQ for instance, you could have missed out on the A by a minimal margin so if you win the final you get 89 points, guy who qualifed 10th in A finishes tenth in the A gets 90 points so there is only a point difference there.

With the 100,100 ideal same scenario BQ and B final win would mean a total of 178 points , 10th overall and finish tenth in the A would mean a total of 180 points. So BQ loses two points just by being unlucky 11th seems a bit harsh. Especially when there are formula gradings at stake.

I mean the original arguement is that if TQ man crashes out on the firsat corner he will lose out, Well how is that any different with the 100,100 rule? His points surley will still have been affected in the same way. Plus using the 100,100 system means that the person who wins the A final doesn't neccesarily win the meeting, which seems a bit stupid.

At least you get an extra point for TQ to in the one points way if it does go nuts up for you.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 28-02-2008
Mad Member

My vote is definatly 100 for qualifying and 100 for final.
Old 28-02-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattym0310 View Post

Im not complaining at all!! Just thought Id pose the question and it seems to have rattled a few cages. However it goes Ill still be there racing and enjoying it!
Old 29-02-2008

Jim, i'm all for 100 100 scoring. Just feel that with 80% of the day being qualifying this should be rewarded. Quite often qualifying is more of a true reflection on the meeting than the final results. (no doubt I won't be saying this if I qualify 5th and win the final)

Either way its going to be a good season.