Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 13-06-2011

Default ledbury sunday was dissapointed!

After driving all that way to ledbury. praticed n car was gd felt a gd day coming on.Started rnd one my pt didnt work at start off race. n no body had a spare pt n i was told that club was told not to charge there handouts up so had to go home was very dispointed waste off petrol ! if the region is bringin that new rule in i think race control shud have some as a back up !
Old 13-06-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Sorry, but thems the rules! :-(
http://www.brca-midwest.co.uk/rules.html

Gutted about your day.
Old 13-06-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

I heard after you had left that your pt had failled. If i had known before you left i would of lent you my spare pt as it is a horrible having to go home early. But i dont think it is fair to blame anyone at the region for what happened if your transmitter or speed controller had stopped working you wouldnt expect the region to have spare one of those for you. We have been lucky over the past 2 - 3 years we have had stuart to run the computer during the meeting's and he has sourced a full set of excellent hand out transponders that we where able to use for the full series in the past unfortunatly these are no long avaliable for use so it was decided that making pt's compulsory was the only route. Before this happened we relied on each club to to supply the timing equipement and speaking as a member of a club who runs regionals it was certainly not an easy task insuring everone's transponder counts. I like the new rule of everyone having a pt as they seem alot more reliable than handouts. I hope you rethink what you have put above as we have the best region in the country run by some top people who do alot of work both at the track and behind the scene's making sure the regional's happen. I think it is a shame that Tom and Stuart are standing down at the end of the year as they have both done an excellent job.

Ash

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 13-06-2011

Arrow

Why not keep the mandatory rule but charge a few just incase of a failure?

Surely you want as many people racing as possible..
Old 13-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

it's a BRCA rule rather than a Mid-West rule.

I'm sure someone would of loaned a PT if yours was dead
Old 13-06-2011

ok im just makin a point it wud be gd to have some as a backup thats all m8 it cost me loads off petrol money for nothin m8 that all n ashley guttin i didnt come across u m8 anyhow safe
Old 13-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie T View Post
Why not keep the mandatory rule but charge a few just incase of a failure?

Surely you want as many people racing as possible..

defo agreed
Old 13-06-2011

Send a message via MSN to Pownabown

Only reason being there were no trasnponders at the club that day was solely down to the reason we didnt take them due to the rules being in place.

We took them last time at the 4wd regional but was told we didnt need to bother so this was the case.

The best thing for people to do is check their equipment before the day to make sure everything works.

But in future we may bring some spares, he did get a refund also so wasnt all a loss
Old 13-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackyracer View Post
ok im just makin a point it wud be gd to have some as a backup thats all m8 it cost me loads off petrol money for nothin m8 that all n ashley guttin i didnt come across u m8 anyhow safe
Normally I wouldn't respond to these type of threads but this time i will make an exception -
1 - you told me that you had asked everyone if they had a spare PT, seems that wasn't the case.
2 - as Ashley states in a previous reply, its your piece of kit, so why should the club/region carry spare PT's or handouts on the few occasions that one MAY be required? Would you expect them to have spare eSC's, transmitter, receivers etc?
3 - Not wishing to be cruel but it would be to your benefit if you had a spare PT.
4 - Handout transponders are becoming as rare as Dodo's as AMB have/are phasing them out, hence the change to PT's becoming compulsory
5 - In one of your posts you state "if the region is bringing that new rule in, I think Race Control should have some as a back up", well read the rules. The region HAVE bought in that rule at the start of the season and also reread my point 2.

These are my personal views and not stated in any Official capacity.

Stuart.

ps.
Thanks for the kind words Ashley.
Old 13-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

As most know I was a late and begrudging adopter of PTs but I have to say that the reasons given for the rule was entirely sensible and understandable.

I only have 1 PT to share between all my cars so one day mine will fail on me, that is why I fit the PTs at home at least the day before rather than at a meeting where it is too late if it goes down.

I think the thing that saddens me the most about this is finding out Stuart is standing down as well as Tom ... such a shame as Stuart and I have not always agreed but I have to say he always does a great job and we all have to be thankful and respectful of his efforts.
Old 13-06-2011

Rumour has it that Stuart is going to perform cartwheels around the track at his last regional meeting to celebrate the fact that he will finally get a weekend to himself !!! Personally i think thats selfish and he should remain the race control robot that he has become

I can honestly say on behalf of all the midwest clubs that he will be greatly missed. We as a region have been totally spoilt over the years having Stuart in race control for us. People will soon realise how much help he has been to us all.
Old 13-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I will miss that abuse that he dishes out, especially the DH1 one