Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 26-07-2015
Mini-Jimmy

Send a message via MSN to Mrs oOple
Default oOple Off-road Open Series 2015 Concludes at Southport.

This weekend saw the final round of the oOple Off-road Open Series held at the permanent all-weather multisurface track at Victoria Park in Southport. Grim weather forecast for Sunday in the run up to the weekend forced the event organisers to implement a contingency plan which involved an earlier than usual start on Saturday (10am), to ensure that three full rounds of qualifying followed by 3-leg finals for all could be completed before beer-o-clock.

Brilliant event co-ordination, swift operation in time-control and cooperation from the racers allowed two days worth of racing to be squeezed into Saturday. Southport local Chris Evison took the 2wd win, Mark Smith won 4wd, and James Wilkinson took home the main trophy for winning the RC10 class.

More photos from the event, along with a report of the full series will follow in the coming weeks, once the oOple crew have pieced together the necessary files, which will include Jimmy's summary of the Bury event.

Big, huge, massive thanks to everyone who has been involved in the organising and running of the oOple events, and to everyone who has attended and enjoyed themselves. Thanks especially for continuing this fantastic series in Jimmy's memory, keeping racing FUN.

I can't imitate Jimmy's style by any stretch of the imagination, but I will do my best to maintain oOple in whatever way I can. Thank you to everyone who helps with this.

Last edited by Mrs oOple; 26-07-2015 at 10:20 PM.
Old 26-07-2015
Mini-Jimmy

Send a message via MSN to Mrs oOple

Old 04-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs oOple View Post

I can't imitate Jimmy's style by any stretch of the imagination, but I will do my best to maintain oOple in whatever way I can. Thank you to everyone who helps with this.

Very nice that you are willing to (help) maintain oOple. Especially since I can imagine that gettin involved in (a website of) RC 'toy cars' isn't something to found on your 'when I grow up I want to be'-list.
To me, and I guess many others , oOple is a great digital clubhouse where we can gather and share everything concerning one of the things we love doing: racing off road RC-cars.
I hope this oOple clubhouse will be here to stay. Many thanks to you and everyone who is willing and able to help you wit this

Last edited by €ric; 04-08-2015 at 08:21 AM. Reason: editorial correction