Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 06-04-2016

Default Yz2 --yz2ca

Has anyone worked out how much the parts are to convert the standard yz2 to the yz2 carpet/astro ?
Old 06-04-2016

about £30 to try the gear box MB have a kit in
Liars run for cover the truth is taking over!!!
Old 06-04-2016
Mad Member

NMibosport lists the following new parts:
Quote:
YZ-2 Carpet/Astro Edition new parts:
! Not only 3-gear transmission is changed !
· Z2-302C3 - 3-gear transmission case set
· Z4-008RS4 - Rear suspension arm S4 (YZ-4, longer Arms)
· B2-010R - Universal drive shaft (B-MAX2, longer Bones)
· Z2-201BA2 - Bellcrank (larger 10×5 Ball Bearing, more strong)
· Z2-0022 - Main Chassis for CA/DT
· Z2-002SP2 - Side plate for CA/DT
· Z2-101L - Light weight Body (better in high traction conditions)
· Shock spring (F/YAS-825, R/YAS-1050) for high traction use. YZ-2 has included the all round type which is YS-A type
If you already have the Yatabe springs and converted to the wide rear end, the 3-gear set Z2-302C3 should be all you need, except maybe the LW body. If you have issues with the steering bearings, the new bellcranks will solve that.
Old 06-04-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The new chassis is different, the rear end is narrower to accept the narrower wishbone hangers from the YZ4 as an option. It also has the holes to accept the Dirt 3 gear gearbox. The chassis side pods are different, again matching the new part of the DT car.
The alloy steering cranks are a newer design to accept the 5x10x4mm bearings, an improvement over the original with the smaller bearings that wore out quickly.

Anything else, most will have upgraded their current YZ2 to anyway, I'd have thought.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 07-04-2016 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-04-2016

Just trying to work out if to buy cheap 2nd hand yz2 and up grade or just go for new yz2 c/a ??
Old 07-04-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinw76 View Post
Just trying to work out if to buy cheap 2nd hand yz2 and up grade or just go for new yz2 c/a ??
I'd just get a fresh one and build it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-04-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
I'd just get a fresh one and build it.
+1
I am really happy with my upgraded YZ-2 and will get the new gearbox in the next few days, but I see a full CA kit on my desk before long. Unless you are on a really tight budget, I'd say get a kit with fresh bearings, seals, wings and body instead of bothering with replacing these items soon after buying the used car. In the long run, buying a second hand roller may not be much cheaper unless you get a really good deal on it.
Old 08-04-2016

Longer Ca rear arms vs standard arms? What does they do exactly? Better on high grip?
My point being. Is it worth getting the CA if I am mostly running on medium to semi high traction?
Old 08-04-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hofvander View Post
Longer Ca rear arms vs standard arms? What does they do exactly? Better on high grip?
My point being. Is it worth getting the CA if I am mostly running on medium to semi high traction?
yes the wider rear end is better on higher grip. To be honest I've been running the wider rear arms on low to high grip and have found it excellent. I've not run the kit arms for a long time.