Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 19-02-2014

Default Servo glitching after installing Hobbywing v3.1

Since switching from the Tekin RSPro to the Hobbywing v3.1 I have found my servo on both 2 & 4wd glitches like mad. This is mainly when going to full left or right. Both servo's are brushless high volt/high torque but this never happened while the Tekin was in place. I swapped over due to the HW having more bottom end feel which is better, but this glitch business is doing my head in now.

I have run power caps connected to both cars recievers.

It's a KO 401f receiver in both, in the 2wd it's an Xpert PI-3401 and in the 4wd a Futaba BLS156HV.

Im guessing the HW doesnt have as higher power BEC output perhaps but its not ideal whatever it is. Has anyone else come across this before ?

Cheers

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 19-02-2014

Unless it's the new tekin which has only been available for a cpl of weeks then on paper becs are the same 3A @ 6v. If your servos are hv then they will be rated for 7.4v so bypass the bec for servo power. You'll get more speed and torque out of them as well :-)
Old 20-02-2014
Mad Member

Have you set the speedo to you radio - the 'calibration' procedure? This situation can occur if that procedure hasn't completed successfully.

Also, depending on your radio gear, you may need to switch to HRS mode or another high response mode. HTH
Old 20-02-2014

The same sort of thing happened on a friends car and a re bind of the radio gear fixed it