Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 25-06-2017
Mad Member

How have you been liking the KC since its release? Is it likely that a version including the carbon fibre chassis is around the corner, and what about durability? I am about to buy a new 2WD buggy, and every kit on my shortlist (KC, 22 4.0, B6, YZ-2) has other pros and cons. Please tell me what you like more and less about it vs the other cars!
Old 25-06-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
How have you been liking the KC since its release? Is it likely that a version including the carbon fibre chassis is around the corner, and what about durability? I am about to buy a new 2WD buggy, and every kit on my shortlist (KC, 22 4.0, B6, YZ-2) has other pros and cons. Please tell me what you like more and less about it vs the other cars!
If you look in my signature I run shuey and may think I'm biased!!

But I love my Kc , I've had many other 2wds (yz2 , xb2) just come from Xray , and thought I was getting on with the Xray but I personally think the Kc is soo much easier to drive and for me as an average driver it's quicker too ..

Last edited by shaun m; 25-06-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 25-06-2017
Mad Member

Sounds good, thanks! Do you regard any option parts other than springs as essential? Also, any spares except for suspension parts?
Old 25-06-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
Sounds good, thanks! Do you regard any option parts other than springs as essential? Also, any spares except for suspension parts?
Hi , I have got the carbon chassis with sidepods and alloy caster blocks , but I don't think any of it is essential , spare wise I've bought spares but not used anything yet. It's a very good car out the box!
Old 25-06-2017

Its good strait out the box
Old 25-06-2017

Really enjoying mine. Only thing I have broke is one hub carrier that has been replaced with the ally versions. Very good out of the box with just a few springs needed. I've got a lot of the ally upgrades but they are mostly for a bit of bling.
Old 25-06-2017

For what it's worth i just got the Carbon chassis. With everything else as per kit and a chunky Tekin RSX it weighs in race ready with transponder and chassis protector at 1496g with dart rears and stagger fronts. The carbon chassis is very cleverly cut with the longitudinal channels allowing twist whilst remaining longitudinally stiff.

Cougar is not getting much exposure in the US as the Losi/TLR and AE steamrollers are releasing laydown versions. With the proliferation of carpet/astro, the Yokomo/X-Ray seem to get first mention everywhere. Bizarre, as Orlowski won the EOS 2wd with a Cougar KC!
LayDown
BossCat inbound...
Old 26-06-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bish View Post
For what it's worth i just got the Carbon chassis. With everything else as per kit and a chunky Tekin RSX it weighs in race ready with transponder and chassis protector at 1496g with dart rears and stagger fronts. The carbon chassis is very cleverly cut with the longitudinal channels allowing twist whilst remaining longitudinally stiff.

Cougar is not getting much exposure in the US as the Losi/TLR and AE steamrollers are releasing laydown versions. With the proliferation of carpet/astro, the Yokomo/X-Ray seem to get first mention everywhere. Bizarre, as Orlowski won the EOS 2wd with a Cougar KC!
I bet this is down to marketing. Among drivers in my region, Schumacher has been considered a real contender since the KF at the latest, but as you used to have hardly any dealers other than the distributor, they were a rare sight. As one of Germany's larger online shops has picked up Schumacher, this may be about to change. In the US, things may look similar, no top tier drivers, no support network that comes close to the domestic brands. It is not always the best kit that sells best...
Although I am a Yokomo guy by heart, I am ready to give the KC a try, at least until the next version of the YZ-2 is around the corner. Who knows, maybe it can convince me to stay. Thank you, guys!
Old 26-06-2017

to add another voice to the above i havent done anything to my KC other than build it as per kit no upgrades and nothing broken so far - its much easier to drive than the KF2.
Old 26-06-2017

Default Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bish View Post
Bizarre, as Orlowski won the EOS 2wd with a Cougar KC!
Pretty sure he won the main part of the championship with the old car. It's what you can see on the tech shoots posted up on the EOS website.

Arguably he struggled more with he new car if you judge things by results.
Being objective he did have exams and distractions like that at the last couple of rounds - when he was driving the KC vs the old KF2.

I'd be interested to see if Orlowski goes after the clay titles that he has been interviewed as saying he'd like to pick up. And if he does whether he will switch from the motor placement that he was seen to be running and struggling with at Reedy to something more rearward. Ditto also switching to metal chassis instead of carbon which he usually is seen using.
Old 27-06-2017
Mad Member

Many thanks for your input everyone! Michal Orlowski seemed to struggle a bit at the eos in Andernach, but at the end of the day, his and Oliver Speith's cars looked really good. The level of competition has become insane, but for me as an average driver who intends to run a 13.5 most of the time, the box stock kit seems to be a great package. I can't think of any other reasonably priced kit that comes with as many options and is compatible with preglued tyres. I think I am getting lazy in my old days...

Edit: Oh well, I could not help it and bought another YZ-2. Thank you again everyone nonetheless, I really appreciate it!

Last edited by mes; 18-07-2017 at 12:28 PM.