Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 28-01-2015

Schumacher have confirmed that all parts needed to run with a shortie in the low grip configuration are in the kit. I guess they made a last minute change and included them.
Old 28-01-2015
Mad Member

You think Schumacher can design, test, tool and manufacture a "new" car in the time since Tom handed in his notice?.... What planet are you on?

Whilst I don't think the new car is a huge leap forward over the old one, the whole "They did it out of spite because TC left" is a bit daft...
Old 28-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss Models View Post
AFAIK Neil the manual was printed before the decision was made to include the low grip (shorty) parts as standard. So no bits needed as extras.
That's a bit better then for sure :-)
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 28-01-2015
Mad Member

Just added the stainless steel screw kit to the website.
http://screwz4rc.co.uk/product/schumacher-cougar-kf2/

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 28-01-2015
Mad Member

There are some very funny claims in this thread!

All in all, this is going to be a fantastic car. There are a lot of new refinements to this car that will make a big difference. We have to appriciate that this car is also designed in the United Kingdom! This is a QUALITY product complete with many machined and finely made parts by Schumacher themselves.

We also have to compare the KF2 to the stock KF. If you were to buy a stock KF you would have to then buy the low grip conversion and the alloy chassis to make it anything like this KF2. It's quite clear that the idea behind the KF2 is that the KF had so many developments that they have now released it as a complete package, added with a load of other new upgrades too!

For those being sympathetic to those that may have recently purchased a KF, they still have a fantastic car and they'll still have just as good a chance of beating their mate with a KF2. In all retail industries there are always people that may of purchased the current model the day before with a new one to be released the following day... from TV's, iPhones or even full size cars! Imagine if you just bought a Lamborghini Gallado for the Huracane to be realeased the following day... it happens.

It's not like this release was a HUGE secret either... it didn't take more than a few brain cells to work out that the KF had some new upgrades released for it to be worthy of a new model.

I personally can't wait to get my KF2, and thank you Schumacher for keeping British engineering going and releasing another quality product.

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West

Last edited by Danosborne6661; 28-01-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Old 28-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam F View Post
You think Schumacher can design, test, tool and manufacture a "new" car in the time since Tom handed in his notice?.... What planet are you on?

Whilst I don't think the new car is a huge leap forward over the old one, the whole "They did it out of spite because TC left" is a bit daft...
As I understand it (and I don't know much), Tom left Schumacher on good terms as he got a new job, which will further his career in engineering outside of RC. It's a good move for him and I'm sure he'll be missed by the Schumacher team. The fact he's now racing with Yokomo is because he wants to continue racing his hobby at a competitive level without the "work" ties to the old place. Got to respect that and good luck to him.

It's been no secret that Schumacher were refreshing the KF platform, as they (and other manufacturers do) in line with a product lifecycle. The new car is a evolution of the old one based on what they know works, what makes sense to keep (from a production point of view), and what worked better in the testing Tom and other team racers have done over it's life. While some changes are a departure from what existed, other parts are common which doesn't totally obsolete anyone investment in the KF. If you had when it first came out (early adopter), you've had good use and probably got many options that will transfer to the new car, or you sold it in preparation. That buyer will have a new platform (to them) which they can enjoy knowing that parts are still available and its not too far away from the current car that the early adopters will now go and run.

Any company (not just in RC) has to find a balance to keep a product fresh and current enough to drive continued sales, and I think Schumcher have done well with the KF and will continue to do well with the KF2, having the lifecycle right so unwanted stuff isn't left unsold.
No one can dispute the KF was and still is a cracking racing platform, and it looks to continue with the KF2. Good to see from a Great British company in this tough and ever changing market place.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 28-01-2015 at 08:34 PM.
Old 28-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosborne6661 View Post
There are some very funny claims in this thread!

All in all, this is going to be a fantastic car. There are a lot of new refinements to this car that will make a big difference. We have to appriciate that this car is also made in the United Kingdom! Schumacher aren't firing their designs over to be cheapily made in China, this is a QUALITY product complete with many machined and finely made parts.

We also have to compare the KF2 to the stock KF. If you were to buy a stock KF you would have to then buy the low grip conversion and the alloy chassis to make it anything like this KF2. It's quite clear that the idea behind the KF2 is that the KF had so many developments that they have now released it as a complete package, added with a load of other new upgrades too!

For those being sympathetic to those that may have recently purchased a KF, they still have a fantastic car and they'll still have just as good a chance of beating their mate with a KF2. In all retail industries there are always people that may of purchased the current model the day before with a new one to be released the following day... from TV's, iPhones or even full size cars! Imagine if you just bought a Lamborghini Gallado for the Huracane to be realeased the following day... it happens.

It's not like this release was a HUGE secret either... it didn't take more than a few brain cells to work out that the KF had some new upgrades released for it to be worthy of a new model.

I personally can't wait to get my KF2, and thank you Schumacher for keeping British engineering going and releasing another quality product.
Yeah what he^ said
Old 28-01-2015

Does anybody know the advantage of the new diff
Old 28-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosho View Post
Does anybody know the advantage of the new diff
Diff is the same as it was in the KF
Old 28-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam F View Post

Once upon a time, I told somebody that for a living I worked in a team designing and testing car headlamp assemblies and wiper systems, amongst other bits. They asked me what I did the other 51 weeks of the year.

Last edited by AntH; 28-01-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 29-01-2015

Looks really nice, not a massive leap from the KF, just tidying up all the odds and ends, Shame they didnt include the alloy rear uppers, in my opinion that is all that is missing from this kit.

I think they will need another driver like Tom to keep posting their setups and seen trackside to achieve the success they did with the KF though. While there are plenty of drivers out there with KF's under Schumachers banner, Toms constant set ups and appearances drove the after kit sales IMO.
Old 29-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidzilla View Post
Looks really nice, not a massive leap from the KF, just tidying up all the odds and ends, Shame they didnt include the alloy rear uppers, in my opinion that is all that is missing from this kit.

I think they will need another driver like Tom to keep posting their setups and seen trackside to achieve the success they did with the KF though. While there are plenty of drivers out there with KF's under Schumachers banner, Toms constant set ups and appearances drove the after kit sales IMO.
This is how I feel about the car, without team setups and not a massive leap forward we will be raiding our old kfs forthe new one and for £274 I dont think its worth it.
Old 29-01-2015

Send a message via MSN to Junior Z

Old 29-01-2015
Mad Member

Optional carbon chassis and carbon fan mount

Source - http://www.rc-news.de/wp-content/upl...-6-620x369.jpg

Old 29-01-2015

loosing the front top deck would not be my first choice having lost a front end when run without it, but there's scope for a new front deck with the fan mount to be made.
Old 29-01-2015

Default Popcorn

Num Num Num.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Popcorn_02_Stephen_Colbert_zps32bb4c57.jpg (7.9 KB, 67 views)
Old 29-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr View Post
loosing the front top deck would not be my first choice having lost a front end when run without it, but there's scope for a new front deck with the fan mount to be made.
It has metal braces on the outside for strengthening.

Old 29-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr View Post
That's actually a good idea. I guess they figured the front top deck is not needed with the alloy chassis and side braces?
Old 29-01-2015

I have a low grip chassis KF and I think it's great, I really do. Parts of it are getting a little tired to say the least and I love building kits almost as much as racing them so this is very tempting.

The one question I have as I can't work it out from the pics is...

Putting shorties in and out means either dremeling the side rail or undoing it every time you change the cells between races. Has Schumacher addressed this? I.e. made a side rail that will allow shorties to be moved in and out without taking the car to bits or mod'ing it?
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc
Old 29-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelk View Post
I have a low grip chassis KF and I think it's great, I really do. Parts of it are getting a little tired to say the least and I love building kits almost as much as racing them so this is very tempting.

The one question I have as I can't work it out from the pics is...

Putting shorties in and out means either dremeling the side rail or undoing it every time you change the cells between races. Has Schumacher addressed this? I.e. made a side rail that will allow shorties to be moved in and out without taking the car to bits or mod'ing it?
From the pictures it doesnt look like it unless new side parts in the box