Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Robinhood Raceway

Old 21-08-2013
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James
Default 2015 Euros Application

There's around two week left to the deadline for the 2015 European Championships applications, we have been looking at applying to host at RHR Dirt. I think I've looked at most things and I believe we are capable of holding it but still not made a firm decision. Can you guys and gals give me objective comments to help make a decision. It's going to be very hard to put the event on, but very easy to criticise if anything goes wrong.
Old 21-08-2013
SHRCCC Legend

Do it! I'm pretty sure the whole of the UK RC community will offer to help before, during and after the event!

Be great to have a major back in the UK!

Old 21-08-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

Would love to help, tell us the date and I will book the week off and drive the mini bus from southport with the helpers myself.
Old 21-08-2013
Mad Member

As a big fan of RHR in general, I'd say if anyone in the UK can it's you guys!

From an outsiders point of view, and not knowing the application requirements, are there any areas of weakness you can see if your honest?

Of those weaknesses how many are in your control and just need the right planning to avoid them being real issues?

Prior planning and preparation prevents piss poor performance and all that!

You've put on club racing, regionals I guess, nationals and BIG one off events many times, how many big things have gone wrong at those so far? I've never heard of anything, so you'd had all the practice at running meetings and dealing with the many things that can happen!

Then...being devils advocate...If any of the potential weaknesses you can see are really very difficult to overcome, then being honest with yourselves about trying to overcome them and saying no early rather than later, even if it's just this time around, will save you a lot of stress and money no doubt.

To an outsider (who also helps run clubs) it does look like you've been planning it (or at least had it in the back of your mind) from the start really...hopefully your progress and plans so far mean your in pretty good shape.

The UK weather must be the biggest challenge facing it really...and the decision about taking that risk lies with the Euro's committee I guess!

Good luck!!!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 22-08-2013

Weather can be affect in pretty much an Euro's. We have all seen one where there is a sheet over the track or people using brooms to clear water...so that hopefully wont be a hurdle.

As others have mentioned look at the points you have concerns about. Are they issues you can resolve, and resolve fully with relative ease ? From what I have seen of the track, read and heard, it is a great club. The dirt track looks awesome and it seems 99% of drivers all walk away with a big smile!

As long as your all honest with yourselves, your all ready for the simply put very hard graft for a few weeks to the event, and during, then I think you will come to the right decision.

Good luck to you all if you decide to apply, it would be great to have the euro's here in the UK.

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 22-08-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Go for it mate!! Few big marquees, one over track too and it's a spot on choice
Old 06-09-2013

If any help I was the Chairman of TRCCC when we last held the Euros back in 2002 and would be happy to say it was the best week of racing I have ever been involved in and would be more than happy to answer any questions although it was a few years ago
Old 06-09-2013
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowen208fly View Post
If any help I was the Chairman of TRCCC when we last held the Euros back in 2002 and would be happy to say it was the best week of racing I have ever been involved in and would be more than happy to answer any questions although it was a few years ago
Thankyou! May take you up on that . Well the application is in now, just see what happens!
Old 06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Thankyou! May take you up on that . Well the application is in now, just see what happens!
Anytime mate I will be up racing at your track next weekend for the F345s so will find you and say hello.
Old 06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Well the application is in now, just see what happens!
sweet, so long as you have the support of the powers that be all should be fine!