Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 23-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Hurry up, paints drying quicker
the shell is painted and it has already dried and look awfull well i can order anotehr one.....

graphite chassi ...really nice ......

mvh isobarik
Old 24-03-2014

Welshy40, can the original ZX decals be plastered on the ZXS body easily or do I have bend certain decals, like the huge lettering LAZER ZX on the sides. KAMTEC has finally sold me some stuff. I am seriously targeting to get my Lazer rollable by end of this year. I am gonna work on the drive train first, then suspension.
Old 24-03-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyon View Post
Welshy40, can the original ZX decals be plastered on the ZXS body easily or do I have bend certain decals, like the huge lettering LAZER ZX on the sides. KAMTEC has finally sold me some stuff. I am seriously targeting to get my Lazer rollable by end of this year. I am gonna work on the drive train first, then suspension.
I dont see why not.

Relating to the drive train this week im taking my gearbox apart and fitting your layshaft into a normal gearbox and will update you of any changes if any.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 24-03-2014

OT-73. It came from the mid kit and Kyosho put it in the ZX-R mkII additional parts bag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (67.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 24-03-2014

Welshy40, are the RW spurs based on the latest layshaft ready? I want to purchase two.
Old 24-03-2014

Yes, 100t associated B4 spur gears that he made for me.
Answer UK team driver
Old 24-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Hurry up, paints drying quicker

looks a bit different from my other lazers

mvh isobarik
Old 24-03-2014

Mate your letting the side down a bit, yes it went really well and remember watching Craig Drescher and Rory Cull beating the rest in the early 90s with these. Great cars but not a Lazer
Answer UK team driver
Old 24-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Mate your letting the side down a bit, yes it went really well and remember watching Craig Drescher and Rory Cull beating the rest in the early 90s with these. Great cars but not a Lazer
isnt it ??????

oh man i think i have been stiffed ..

yeah i know but the nvc here in sweden has 93 as last poduction yea so
no go for the zxs, and if i go my daughters will drive theire lazers so this is what i will drive......... ithink ....

mvh Isobarik
Old 25-03-2014

Firstly, Henrik, get that overrated Yokomo rubbish off this thread!
Secondly, purchased a servo for the ZX-S. Went for a KO 2001 in the end. Great spec and good price.
Final electronics are as follows; Trinity Kinwald Epoxy motor, Novak Duster sport ESC, KO Propo PS 2001 steering servo & Sanyo 2400SCR NiMh saddle pack.
Boo ya!
Old 25-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashtest33 View Post
Firstly, Henrik, get that overrated Yokomo rubbish off this thread!
Secondly, purchased a servo for the ZX-S. Went for a KO 2001 in the end. Great spec and good price.
Final electronics are as follows; Trinity Kinwald Epoxy motor, Novak Duster sport ESC, KO Propo PS 2001 steering servo & Sanyo 2400SCR NiMh saddle pack.
Boo ya!
Be advised get a kimbro servo saver as nthe ko servos gears break. Best things I ever bought and has never failed me
Answer UK team driver
Old 26-03-2014

Default To anodise or not, that is the question

Going for the gold shock tops & bottoms and currently everything else is silver.
I like yours James where even the stabilizer ball ends are blue.
Doing every single Alu bit in gold could be fun. Or just the shocks gold, 20.1 blue and everything else silver like the cover art.

Anyone think what looks cool and what doesn't? (My ZX-RR looked pretty pimp in all gold.)
Old 27-03-2014

Yes it looks good in gold and someone has done this before. Cant waot to see it
Answer UK team driver
Old 27-03-2014

Welshy40..you keep saying if we want to use gear diffs we need the hardened outdrives..do you have the part number ? I also have an idea about making my own outdrives but the slot size will be 4.1mm so that a touring car bone blade can be installed to avoid wear on the cups.
I also have some binding steering issues with LA-27 C hubs with ZX-5 knuckles. This happens because I have to grind off the top portion of the ZX-5 knuckles to bring it down to 19mm from 22mm. However grinding it is hardly precision work, which will cause binding because the kingpin design demands no less than 0.1mm precision in order to have the kingpins tight but do not bind. I am planning to design my own "teamline hubs" made of either blue or white nylon, which will allow the 22mm ZX-5 knuckles to fit right in, with also the provision to fit in 2 flange bearings. These bearings will be 4mm ID, &mm OD and flange of 8.2mm, thickness 2.5mm. The flange will be placed inwards and tightening the kingpins will be set and forget. The ZX-5 knuckles are cheaper, stronger and easier to get than OT-16s. I should then finally have smooth steering. Question is now is should I include the second hole like LA-59, since that would be very hard to drill and also would require the left an the rights to be different.
Old 31-03-2014

Default Lazer ZX white POM arms

Old 31-03-2014

Yes i do and have a new set, but will look when im back home in the evening for the part numbers. Also wishbones look superb but does need the extra section in the pivot block pole area (the U shape section) as i use that in my car plus me personally I would prefer them not having the section cut out for more strength.

Also the hubs, white would look superb and go well with the wishbones. I think im the only one using the holes on the inner side so would suggest only doing the two holes, as anyone can easily drill a hole if required, but unless your doing zero degree hubs both left and right will be different as the angle for the wishbone connector will be different on each side as they are put on reverse from the other.
Answer UK team driver
Old 31-03-2014

Quote:
Yes i do and have a new set, but will look when im back home in the evening for the part numbers. Also wishbones look superb but does need the extra section in the pivot block pole area (the U shape section) as i use that in my car plus me personally I would prefer them not having the section cut out for more strength.

Also the hubs, white would look superb and go well with the wishbones. I think im the only one using the holes on the inner side so would suggest only doing the two holes, as anyone can easily drill a hole if required, but unless your doing zero degree hubs both left and right will be different as the angle for the wishbone connector will be different on each side as they are put on reverse from the other.
Welshy40, the holes at the front arms are required to clear the outdrives in case of maximum arm travel. Ok I will get yours cut out to fit the wheel retainers but I will leave mine as it is. Also I looked at LA-27 and there does not seem to be a left or right side, both angles look at zero. Its the arms inner pivot to the brace to the gearbox that is producing the angle, am I right or wrong ?Cause I really cant see any angle in the C hubs, unless its LA-59 which has the inner holes drilled at and angle.
I just rechecked the ZX and ZXR manual, LA 27 C hubs do not have a left and right version, only the knuckles.
Old 31-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyon View Post
Welshy40, the holes at the front arms are required to clear the outdrives in case of maximum arm travel. Ok I will get yours cut out to fit the wheel retainers but I will leave mine as it is. Also I looked at LA-27 and there does not seem to be a left or right side, both angles look at zero. Its the arms inner pivot to the brace to the gearbox that is producing the angle, am I right or wrong ?Cause I really cant see any angle in the C hubs, unless its LA-59 which has the inner holes drilled at and angle.
I just rechecked the ZX and ZXR manual, LA 27 C hubs do not have a left and right version, only the knuckles.
The hubs actually have angle on, if your looking at the blue team line ones you can clearly see the angle in pivot pin hole through the hub. Kick up I am unsure what that does to the overall angle but my hubs say 5 or 7.5 on them and havent ever seen a zero for this car.

Wishbones, what I meant was the pivot pin holder had a little u section which was for an adaptor to bolt the wishobone to the pivot pin meaning it would not move or have slop due to that and is what I currently use. I will post a picture so you understand.
Answer UK team driver
Old 01-04-2014

Quote:
The hubs actually have angle on, if your looking at the blue team line ones you can clearly see the angle in pivot pin hole through the hub. Kick up I am unsure what that does to the overall angle but my hubs say 5 or 7.5 on them and havent ever seen a zero for this car.

Wishbones, what I meant was the pivot pin holder had a little u section which was for an adaptor to bolt the wishobone to the pivot pin meaning it would not move or have slop due to that and is what I currently use. I will post a picture so you understand.
That's the thing, I designed these hubs based on LA27 not on teamline hubs. I do not see any angle in LA27, please correct me if I am wrong.
Yes I know about the U section, I figured it wont be needed because the ZX uses a captured system. But I can get it done for your set. For mine I will leave it.
Old 02-04-2014

Ok this is for the Lazer ZXS fans out there. Ive got the below items that are up for grabs, all together as a set. They are all still new in packet with exception of the gearcover.

OK THE BELOW HAVE BEEN RESERVED PENDING PAYMENT - meaning we will have another member soon

LA26 Wishbones
LA128-7 Front Hub
LAW20-1 Blue Kick Up Plate (rarest part for this buggy & probably the only one still in packet)
LA103
LA112*
LA114 Front Belt
LA115 Rear Belt
LA100 Front Bulk Head
LA102 A Arm Stay
LA131 Suspension Plate Set
LA130 Motor Cooling Plate
LA125 Lazer ZX-S Decal Sheet (original)
Uncut Gear Cover
Uncut Clear Gearbox Cover
Plus i have found a new unused left and right rear gearbox bottom plastic sides and also rear inner chassis pivot block
Also a brass solid rear shock tower mount

Serious offers only please.
Answer UK team driver