Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 05-02-2019

Default discharge lipo at home

its not often it happens but sometimes it does, I end up coming home with a fully charged lipo, one midweek venue has a bump up finals setup, thats invariably how I end up with a full one, or meetings that have ended early etc

I normally store them after the race and leave till next use, has worked great so far

but my charger only offers 1.2A or 2A discharge, I think from memory that lipo prefer a faster discharge??

or maybe Im thinking of the old days with nimh

but anyone recomend a discharge unit that I can use to take them down to storage??
RC10B74 Maclan powered

#rcoctane
#teamrcoctane
Old 05-02-2019

There's nothing wrong with the 2A discharge to storage rate, Tony. Mine is the same.

A quicker way I sometimes do is just shove some old wheels and tyres on and razz it up and down the road for a few minutes.
Old 05-02-2019
Mad Member

I use one of these as I also use it for the drone packs to make sure they are all stored at storage voltage.

ISDT FD-100

Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 05-02-2019
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

just use the 2 amp. lipo dont have a memory effect.
Old 05-02-2019
Mad Member

It is not for memory effect. I have had lipo packs left fully charged which have either swollen after not being used for a long time or end up having a much shorter life. After having this happen I always now make sure that I do not store packs charged and the discharger helps as it dischargers upto 8 cells upto 6A so that covers all of my different Lipo packs.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 06-02-2019
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

AmiSMB maybe you thought my reply was for you?

it was for the original poster, he does not need a discharger, 2 amps will be fine to put them into storage mode the odd time he does not get to use a full pack will take a little longer.

my charger will discharge at 70 amps, but for storage i use a low amperage as it stabilises the cells better (high amps will draw the pack to storage voltage, but then when it stops the cell will recover up slightly
Old 06-02-2019

Thank you everyone. Saved me some money
RC10B74 Maclan powered

#rcoctane
#teamrcoctane