Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 23-03-2014

Default Dex210 rear to mid motor conversion

Hi, I bought the RTR rear motor at the start of the year and am trying to convert it to mid motor as I mainly drive on astro turf and all the other cars I race are mid motor.

Anybody know where I can get the parts in one place or why NOBODY seems to have the TD709033 shims that are needed in stock???

I have been searching for some for months ( most other uk stores seem to have a combination of the parts but not all of them). And quite frankly am thinking I've bought the wrong car

Can anybody help me or point me in the right direction before I go to another brand?
Old 23-03-2014

Is this what you're after? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Team-Duran...item2ecf79a19e

I converted my RTR to midmotor, bought a 'kit' from eBay and it was fine. Only other thing I needed was a 20mm (may had been 25mm) cap head for the motor brace. Durango included most of the other stuff. I personally didnt think it was too bad having to spend about £10 on the idler gears/shims etc was that bad.
Old 23-03-2014

You only need the shims if your going to change to 4gear ... All the parts to change to mid motor are in th box, as for the 4gear change aslong as u buy shims of the right size you don't need the durango ones but try mb models cpd racing and inside line racing seem to have bits I had to use a combination of the 3 to get all the parts failing that bud if it's just the shims you need and can't find any of right size any brand iv got a cpl ye can have if you send ye addy iv also got the idler gear pin too as bought two lots cos they ws the hrs thing to get hold of altho I suspect a diff brand would work again aslong as right size
Old 23-03-2014

trx1985 is what you want, a cheap common traxxas part.
Old 23-03-2014

Try South West RC they had complete mid motor kits
Old 23-03-2014

He's not wanting the mid motor kit by the sounds of it he's wanting to change from 3 to 4 gear
Old 23-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldenby81 View Post
He's not wanting the mid motor kit by the sounds of it he's wanting to change from 3 to 4 gear
It says what he's trying to do in the first sentence........ convert to mid motor. To use on astro. So that'll probably be a 3 to 4 gear conversion at the same time.
And durango spare parts seem to go to sh!t every time they have a new launch. TBH in the business I'm in, heads would roll if parts supply during the launches were handled this badly.....
Old 23-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaMight View Post
Is this what you're after? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Team-Duran...item2ecf79a19e

I converted my RTR to midmotor, bought a 'kit' from eBay and it was fine. Only other thing I needed was a 20mm (may had been 25mm) cap head for the motor brace. Durango included most of the other stuff. I personally didnt think it was too bad having to spend about £10 on the idler gears/shims etc was that bad.
Cheers dude, I have ordered this right now, looks like all the bits I was after!
Old 23-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr View Post
It says what he's trying to do in the first sentence........ convert to mid motor. To use on astro. So that'll probably be a 3 to 4 gear conversion at the same time.
Leave it as a 3 gear, the xfactory guys are running 3 gear on astro, it's good in the wet too

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits
Old 23-03-2014

Funny how the parts he wanted was not for the mid motor conversion and they was for the gear change uh oh and he bought the parts for the gear because u don't need to buy the parts for the mid motor conversion .... And no not at all dose a mid motor conversion mean u have to change or will be changing the gear ratio
Old 23-03-2014

???? Just buying the bits it says I need on the site to make it mid motor MM4

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough and any confusion that arose. Mid motor never existed when I raced before so it's a bit of a mystery to me
Old 23-03-2014

You can
4gear in mid motor or rear motor ... You asked for the parts to change gear ratio bud that's all i was saying to the others not your self my bad
Old 27-03-2014

so i got all the parts and did the 4 gear switchover without too much swearing and realising that i am missing two screws ro complete the motor/chassis plate. no wories there.

should i now switch around the position of the radio as the motor is right by the receiver. do ghey get interference from the motor if too close like back in the day or is there no issue any more?
Old 27-03-2014
Mad Member

I'm running my 210 in MM with the aerial and Rx right next to the motor, i've had no issues in 2 years..........

2.4GHz is pretty tolerant to electrical noise.
Old 27-03-2014

I agree mines in mm with the reciver and airial right next the motor too, had no issues what so ever with it, just make sure u ain't over tightened the screws that go into ur motor plate and you'll be fine