Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 07-11-2010

Default Vintage radio gear and speedos- worth anything?

Over the past couple of years of getting back into rc i have bought a few vintage cars from the states namely rc10's etc i am running the cars with modern electrics and have no use for the radio gear, speedo's and motors they came with. Atm i have 3 futaba magnum junior set ups, 2 novak speedos both in excellent condition and an old tekin also in great condition just wondering if theyre woth me selling as i have no use for them and would be perfect for some collector who wants period correct radio gear.
Old 07-11-2010
Banned

Most of the collectors I've seen, talk to, or heard of, build "shelf-queens" and really have no interest to have them in "running condition" and thus have no need for oldschool electronics especially since battery options for them are drying up, and then there's the "vintage crowd" that build them up as runners (as you did) and update the electronics to current stuff and like you don't need the old electronics either - but if you clean the stuff up and list it on eBay you might find the rare guy in search of it, but from what I've seen that stuff doesn't sell unless you're willing to get rid of it for low-budget prices.