Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 08-11-2010

Default rc18 rebuild

just spent the last couple of hours rebuilding my old rc18 using the rally version for spares, and not only have I lost a dogbone somewhere, but there's a clicking somewhere, meaning something is catching every so often. Think it's one of the diff screws being screwed in too much, but I'm too tired and it's too late to start checking now.
Old 08-11-2010

might be diff shims mate.
Old 08-11-2010

there's a screw underneath that can get in the way if you tighten it too much. Think I'll just replace the plastic diff housing with the metal ones I have to rule that out, but, I've also got an alloy top deck I was going to use, even put it in place, but there's no buggy mounting thing for it, so have had to put the plastic one back on.
Old 08-11-2010

Send a message via MSN to JonMack Send a message via Skype™ to JonMack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldmodels View Post
just spent the last couple of hours rebuilding my old rc18 using the rally version for spares, and not only have I lost a dogbone somewhere, but there's a clicking somewhere, meaning something is catching every so often. Think it's one of the diff screws being screwed in too much, but I'm too tired and it's too late to start checking now.
Quote:
there's a screw underneath that can get in the way if you tighten it too much. Think I'll just replace the plastic diff housing with the metal ones I have to rule that out, but, I've also got an alloy top deck I was going to use, even put it in place, but there's no buggy mounting thing for it, so have had to put the plastic one back on.
Cool story bro.
Old 08-11-2010

Bro! think you'll find that's Sis! lol
Old 08-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

you don't mean the centre screw on the bumper do you? If so that's meant to be about 1/2 the height of the other two!
Old 08-11-2010
Banned

Quote:
There's a pin/nub in the bottom inside of the diff case, and if you install one of the diffs backazzwards it'll hang up the diff and/or make a clicking noise if you break it off.
Seen people do it, and it's funny them dropping the car on the track and not moving either direction - as the front wheels want to go backwards and the rear wheels want to go forward.
Old 08-11-2010

Will check it later, but it the rear diff that's clicking, and the screw is the inner screw.

I did something similar to my xray m18 diffs at ukmicro3, bit funny watching the car try to pull itself apart lol
Old 08-11-2010
Banned

My friends, he'd broken off that nub and since it was hard plastic if forced its way into the diff teeth - and made that clicking I think you might be talking about. When he pulled the diff cover off to reverse the diff direction, I saw the tooth and dug it out. Once he got it back together he said, "wow, I guess you fixed the clicking it was making at home."
Old 10-11-2010

Default banned

Under Rob's user name is the word Banned, has he been banned, and if it's 'cos of his exchange with showtime, shouldn't showtime be banned too? Nothing against you show, but that would seem to me to be even handed and fair.
Old 10-11-2010
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

His second account is now banned, please pm me if he rejoins for a third time and I will deal with it correctly.

A pm is needed for quick action as reported posts dont get sent as notifications to my phone for some reason.
Old 10-11-2010
Supah doOpah

His second account is now banned, please pm me if he rejoins for a third time and I will deal with it correctly.

A pm is needed for quick action as reported posts dont get sent as notifications to my phone for some reason.

And please.. Please, don't take his bait, hel get bored from it and not bother.
Old 10-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRotheram View Post
And please.. Please, don't take his bait, hel get bored from it and not bother.
Best advice ever
Old 10-11-2010

I've read Rob's post now, and he does have a point. Most of us on here are adults and should know better, but far too often, slanging matches get out of hand. Maybe rather than outright banning people, if someone steps over the line then they can be given a warning, or at least a "yellow card" before being banned outright.

Can the various forum bods, please delete all the off-topic posts in this thread please.

Rob, assuming you're still reading, chill mate. The tossers (and there are some, we all know that) that are, and have and will continue to wind you up, are simply not worth it.

As for calling a certain person gay, rest assured I can guarantee he is not gay. I have lots of gay friends and they all have a fashion sense.
Old 10-11-2010
Supah doOpah

Sarah,

Before you jump to conclusions about how this forum is moderated and administrated, I'd advice you to contact my self and hear first hand what goes on.

I may as well let you know who this guy is, he is a known nuisance to the hobby, he has caused problems to this forum in the past, and has many complaints on other forums, such as rc tech where he has recently been banned.

I belive in giving anyone a second chance, however when someone like him self gives no input to this site beside wishing to argue, wind up anyone he can and disrupt what is one of, if not THE best resource to this hobby, then I intend to remove that person when there is sufficient reason to do so.

The users who were involved all put good information, pleasently help others, and are normally courteous users. I have the time for these people due to this, and will do as long as they don't overstep the Mark.

As said on other threads related to Rob, if yourself or anyone has an issue over him being removed then contact my self and keep it out of the public eye.
Old 10-11-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
As for calling a certain person gay, rest assured I can guarantee he is not gay. I have lots of gay friends and they all have a fashion sense.

Fair play Sarah, that is one comment I'll agree with you on!!! No offence Cris
Old 10-11-2010

Paul, I wasn't jumping to conclusions, I was basing my post on the behaviour of the two main protagonists on this thread, and both we're acting like dicks.

How the people who run the forum do it is their business, and I was just suggesting something, I'm trying to stay neutral, even though I'm leaning towards siding with Rob (he is a friend after all).

Jonesy - I just don't want my gay friends getting upset over being associated with people they'd rather not be associated with lol