Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 05-11-2010

Default What do you think about team C copy

Having brought you CAD images of the new TC02C 2wd mid motored buggy from Team C last month, today we have received the first photos of this new car. We are told the final version will feature a saddle pack configuration and come with carbon battery plate and aluminium shock absorbers and it is now expected to be released by the end of November.

What do you guys think of this very similar copy of the X-6 i think its ok for compagnies to have a mid motor car but to almos copy the original is humm lets say not to fun but thats life.

Den.

Loves is Xcar.
Old 05-11-2010

I dont think its a direct copy... I also dont think it will be as strong as the X6. I think the X6 is about as good as you can get, simple and strong. It will take some beating...
Old 05-11-2010

Even so, its a production car, the x factory team are always working hard to keep the x cars at the front and developing new ideas. Its a complement to the design and work that someone copied it, but the development of the x car in parts and design will be an advantage.

I wouldn't imagine the C car would retool a mould just for a trial part, or that the owners will appear on this forum to talk about new features or offer advice about setups etc.

There's more to X factory than just a kit. C Team would need to work hard to beat this company.
Old 05-11-2010

not just to pick on this situation, but why do people complain when a new car comes out, all 2wd buggies look the same with the exeption on the mid motor cars, its hard to come out with new ideas these days. Just like when the 201 came out, it looks the same with a little bit differant then the rest, I'm sure this car is no differant, but I know it take more then a fast car to grow your companie, and even if the X car was mediocre, I'm sure it would still be well known. The team c car is just another car, more compatition, whats the issue?
Old 06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky View Post
not just to pick on this situation, but why do people complain when a new car comes out, all 2wd buggies look the same with the exeption on the mid motor cars, its hard to come out with new ideas these days. Just like when the 201 came out, it looks the same with a little bit differant then the rest, I'm sure this car is no differant, but I know it take more then a fast car to grow your companie, and even if the X car was mediocre, I'm sure it would still be well known. The team c car is just another car, more compatition, whats the issue?
I am not complaining of the new C car i just wanted to now what the Xfactory society thaught of some different vergions of mid motors that resemble the X-6.

Regards and by the way i have a good friend houm is sponcerd by team C and i cant wait to see this car go.

Lover of the X.
Old 06-11-2010
Mad Member

Thanks for the compliments, guys. We have seen lots of stuff come from China and elsewhere. It is what it is.

If competitors continue to copy what we do, they will always be behind.

We have been working since the start to keep it that way.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 06-11-2010

My I ask why you say 'copy what we do'? to my understanding its a mid motor version of the tq sx10/whatever team c calls it, so what is copyed in this car as aposed the sx10 vs B4? I'm in no way affiliated to tq/team c etc, don't drive one of there cars etc, I drive a mid motor losi, and am trying to figure out why so many people say company x is copying company y, to my, saying this car is copying yours is like my PSI mid motor losi is copying your car or the AC car, they are no where near the same, no even between the shock towers (chassis)
Old 06-11-2010

[QUOTE=rcjunky;430160]My I ask why you say 'copy what we do'? to my understanding its a mid motor version of the tq sx10/whatever team c calls it, so what is copyed in this car as aposed the sx10 vs B4? I'm in no way affiliated to tq/team c etc, don't drive one of there cars etc, I drive a mid motor losi, and am trying to figure out why so many people say company x is copying company y, to my, saying this car is copying yours is like my PSI mid motor losi is copying your car or the AC car, they are no where near the same, no even between the shock towers (chassis)[/QUOTE

My determination of copy is 80% of the car is the same if you compare the
Shumacher Cougar not in any way is it the same completele different, the thing is not the fact that its a copy its the fact that Xfactory but 100% of research and devellopement and then some compagnie copy's the car whit no imput what so ever but being that it keeps compagnies from asking rediculas prices.
Old 06-11-2010

I would disagree with it being 80% the ame, but then by your definition, is my buggy a copy of the AC CR2? The way I see it, all buggies will look similar, no one will re-invent the wheel, sre you can say xfactory did, but its even harder to re-invent it twice. From what your saying, do you think xfactory copied venom's sc truck? Venom had pics of there scx-10 released (now named the gambler) and it was a mid motor sc truck, then xfactory took the name and made there own mid motor sc truck, it goes both ways in this industry...just needed to stir things up a little
Old 06-11-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
I would disagree with it being 80% the ame, but then by your definition, is my buggy a copy of the AC CR2? The way I see it, all buggies will look similar, no one will re-invent the wheel, sre you can say xfactory did, but its even harder to re-invent it twice. From what your saying, do you think xfactory copied venom's sc truck? Venom had pics of there scx-10 released (now named the gambler) and it was a mid motor sc truck, then xfactory took the name and made there own mid motor sc truck, it goes both ways in this industry...just needed to stir things up a little
as the sc trucks are based on stadium trucks xfactory had the X60 out to convert the T4 way before venom brought thiers out!
Old 06-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I really enjoy these "copy of ABC" threads. If your going to say 80% then virtually every 2wd is a copy of an AE B2.

The devil is in the detail, the last 5-10%.

Why not let everybody enjoy their own prefered car and relish the choice we have like no time ever before in 1/10th off road???
All the cars have their own personal merits, as a non X factory owner I can still see why the car is as popular as it is but I can also see why people would prefer some of the other cars ... in the case of Team C I guess a lot of people will be attracted to it because of the price ... X factory becuase it's proven ... etc etc etc etc
Old 06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
I really enjoy these "copy of ABC" threads. If your going to say 80% then virtually every 2wd is a copy of an AE B2.

The devil is in the detail, the last 5-10%.

Why not let everybody enjoy their own prefered car and relish the choice we have like no time ever before in 1/10th off road???
All the cars have their own personal merits, as a non X factory owner I can still see why the car is as popular as it is but I can also see why people would prefer some of the other cars ... in the case of Team C I guess a lot of people will be attracted to it because of the price ... X factory becuase it's proven ... etc etc etc etc
my point exactly,the team c/associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya all look 80% the same, I'll just sit back and watch the fire works
Old 06-11-2010
oOple Advertiser

All I can say is that at least "some" companies when they release a product that "follows the lines" of another already proven design TRY to give it their own look and add their own twist and ideas to their creation. Sure the TRF201X is very much like a B4 at a glance, when you see it close, there are many subtle changes that make the Tamiya unique from the AE and vice versa, similiar with the RB5 and the Losi XXX, both similair but individual in their own way.

When it comes to the mid motor cars (X6, Cougar and CR2) they all "look" distinctly different to the eye IMHO...

THEN some companies come along and cannot be bothered to make things much different and just simply copy the mass of the car (geometry, appearance and layout) to the point that "some" parts even fit each other between the original and the copy.

It is obvious to see that the Team C car is "very much" like the X6 in every way visually, almost every part from the servo back looks "very" similiar in shape, design and appearance to an X6. However it is often said that copying is the best form of flattery and as Chazz has already added, if they are to copy then they will always be behind whilst new parts and ideas are being developed by the "creator" rather than the "immitator" and always behind in the availabilty etc

Add to this the fact that the materials used (as with many copies) will leave the car a little short in terms of quality and durabilty (IMHO) as is the case with many cars out there like this already....

It has been said elsewhere the customers have the choice now between the cost concious "copy" or the "real deal" with continuing development, ongoing R&D and support. Having spoken to many owners of the "other" copy cars that we have seen already in the last 18 months, many regretted their choice and got quickly fed up with poor back up, unreliability and poor quality and almost spent more on spares/replacements then they saved on the cheap kit in the first place.....

If it really was NOT a copy and people do not think it is or looks like one, then why has the thread been started in the "X-Factory" section?
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 06-11-2010

I guess most can agree then, some companies, go more outside the box then others and each will have advantages, the team c is cheap, the xfactory is expensive but is very high quality and has a good team backing it, the losi is easy to drive and parts are pretty cheap, the B4 is more agressive then the losi and is common so parts are easy to get, the tamiya and kyosho have nice shocks, the list goes on, as long as your good at 1 thing, people will pick there own car, if they don't like, go to the next car in line. I our case locally, lots have the x6 as its fast, and lots switched to the B4 from the losi as they think it can be a bit faster, then some people like me stuck with the losi as they're still pretty cheap and run it mid motored so you hav the handling of the x6 with the cost of a losi (so you don't quite have the X quality) I guess we can all agree to disagree. We all have our own factors on picking cars, some want cheap, some want speed, some want quality, some want bling, some want it all in 1 box, its all a balance how far you'll sway from your desires.
Old 06-11-2010

Quote:
From what your saying, do you think xfactory copied venom's sc truck? Venom had pics of there scx-10 released (now named the gambler) and it was a mid motor sc truck, then xfactory took the name and made there own mid motor sc truck, it goes both ways in this industry...just needed to stir things up a little
As a point of contention and to set the record straight, our SC truck has been on track almost as long as the SC10. It even raced at the US Nats in 2009. I built the first proto in April of 2009 and the name was firmed up in September of 2009. Venom didn't announce their truck until 2010

X-Factory SCX-60 - Keep On Truckin'
Old 06-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Anyone know the uk cost of the 'copy' car ?

Just interested how the price compares with the proper X6 ?

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Anyone know the uk cost of the 'copy' car ?

Just interested how the price compares with the proper X6 ?

Nop and this subjet was starded do get some feed back from the X guys or people that are interrested in the team please don't start the price war.

Regards and cheers rc Bro.

Den.

Lover of the X
EA B-44
Futaba 4PK
Old 06-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by canon67 View Post
Nop and this subjet was starded do get some feed back from the X guys or people that are interrested in the team please don't start the price war.
Don't understand what you mean there fella.

I run an X6, I'm no team driver and I pay full price for all my kit, from uk dealers too. I bought my Ellis edition X6 from DMS who post frequently on this forum.

I'm just interested how much the car will cost, as at the end of the day it's a big factor in deciding which cars I buy. Personally if it's a lot cheaper, I'd be very tempted.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 06-11-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canon67 View Post
Having brought you CAD images of the new TC02C 2wd mid motored buggy from Team C last month, today we have received the first photos of this new car. We are told the final version will feature a saddle pack configuration and come with carbon battery plate and aluminium shock absorbers and it is now expected to be released by the end of November.

What do you guys think of this very similar copy of the X-6 i think its ok for compagnies to have a mid motor car but to almos copy the original is humm lets say not to fun but thats life.

Den.

Loves is Xcar.
Honestly, and nothing against XFactory here, but had the guys at XFactory chosen to make a name for themselves by copying and liberally using pieces and parts off other companies - - then, maybe, they'd have every right to suggest someone else copied their car. But since every part on "their" car isn't their's, then they don't have a leg to stand on.

And as a result the whole discussion is moot.
Old 06-11-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketrob View Post
Honestly, and nothing against XFactory here, but had the guys at XFactory chosen to make a name for themselves by copying and liberally using pieces and parts off other companies - - then, maybe, they'd have every right to suggest someone else copied their car. But since every part on "their" car isn't their's, then they don't have a leg to stand on.

And as a result the whole discussion is moot.
Ironically not very mute....

If you read what I posted above I did say that if you looked at the servo back it was very similiar visually..
Since it is only from the servo forward that is mainly "B4" on teh X-Factory car visually your comment seems to carry no weight...
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636