Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 11-03-2018

Default Toe in setup

was searching and was surprised to see there is no dedicated page to help on setup, if there is can i be pointed in the right direction please as i could not find it, my issue that i am having is, i am setting up a T3 xray and when i set my toe to 1 degree out on Turing the steering with the transmitter it never returns back to 1 degree out i set just randomly returns to 0 degree or 2 degree or somewhere in between sometimes back to 1 degree deepening on weather i turn it left or right, now i understand its and old car and there is a little play throughout the whole steering mech, so is this normal and under power will it return to the 1 degree out i have set and it is just on the setup board it does not look good? any help or advice would be much appreciated thanks
Old 12-03-2018

You may wish to check your steering system for friction. Also check your servo or servo saver (very carefully) for any problems.

I had a similar problem once and it turned out to be a sticking/worn servo saver. Also large/sticky tires have too much mass/ friction and may prevent the servo from returning to neutral when you steer while stationary.
Old 12-03-2018
Mad Member

http://users.telenet.be/elvo/

These pages cover general vehicle dynamics. It has been a while since I last read it; I do recall it has some off-road emphasis here and there since it is written by an off-road driver (Elvo); that said much of the theory is applicable to any car, but with different numbers on the setup sheet

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 12-03-2018
Mad Member

I had the same issue on my (almost new) car a couple of weeks ago. Cleaned up the whole front end, checked all the bolts were tight and pivots clean and such like. Replaced one ball cup.

Problem has gone now.

And it should return to centre under power, just means there is a little drag somewhere, which *might* make the steering very slightly vague in a few circumstances.