Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > WORM - Weston-Super-Mare

Old 12-01-2013
Mad Member

Default WORM is now a BRCA affiliated club!

As of 1st Jan 2013 WORM is a BRCA affiliated club!

This means that we now have full liability insurance cover for all the RC related activites we offer, and have the backing and support of the BRCA for the running of the club.

It also means we can now host BRCA sanctioned events, such as the summer regionals for the South West region.

Although we are officially a part of the MMMRC club, who are already affiliated, this means we can organise our own affiliated BRCA memberships to go with our own WORM club memberships (without the need to operate through the MMMRC club officials who are at the track at different times to us!)

As part of the clubs BRCA application, we have nominate 4 club representatives, and those 4 people are given committee style titles...so...for the purposes of our BRCA membership the 4 'committee' members are as follows:

Andy Nancollis (me!) - Chairman
Si Osborne - Secretary
Kev Taylor - Treasurer
Rick Evans - Timekeeper/Race Controller

I'm not sure any of us are fond of the titles as such, as everything we do is done as a team and hopefully for the good of racing at WORM and the local area/region, and we will always try to involve as many people as want to be involved in the running of the club, (we will never knowingly turn down any assistance that's offered!) but this does mean that in the eyes of the BRCA, and our insurers at least, the four of us are responsible for the running of the club, and you can speak to us about anything to do with the club and how it's running.

So if you ever want any help with anything club/racing related, speak to one of us and we'll do everything we can to assist!

In terms of day to day operation, nothing will change with 2 exceptions....

1) To race at any of our race days, or practice on the track YOU MUST HAVE A VALID BRCA MEMBERSHIP Your membership provides you with liability insurance cover for anything that happens on our premises, or anywhere if you are partaking in RC car related activities. Our membership provides us with additional liability insurance for anything that happens at one of our events.

2) You must charge Lipo drive batteries in a suitable lipo sack...please look at your BRCA membership information for the definitive description of what this is! You all know what this means, so any personal opinions MUST be put to one side. NONE OF US have insurance cover which could prove invaluable in the event of an accident if you do not comply, and anyone found not following this rule will be asked to leave the site.

Other than that, we're not sure at this point how the 'committee' will operate, and whether we'll go in for the whole formal AGM approach, but if anyone does feel they'd like a say or has any input of any sort, please feel free to get involved at any time...people make clubs work, with or without a 'title' your help is always needed, welcome and very much appreciated!

We look forward to many years happy racing at WORM!!!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 12-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Does this mean we have to now salute you when racing at WORM ?
Old 12-01-2013

Hi Andy,

How much is the affiliated BRCA membership? Please take into consideration some members will only race at Mendip and have no interest in racing at other BRCA events.
Old 12-01-2013
Mad Member

@Dave...I'd never ask...but if you felt you needed to I'd be sure to show my appreciation...though this isn't Wales, so the 'appreciation' you get over here is a little less 'personal' shall we say

@Paul...Affiliated membership is £14 (for 1 year), and you need to join via us. We have forms! Saves you a massive £2 over doing it direct with the BRCA.

BRCA membership is required whether you just race with us or not...it is important as it provides you (and us!) with essential insurance cover which could be invaluable in the event of an accident. I for one would not like to be found personally responsible for your loss of earnings (or similar) if something happened to you at our track

It also covers you for using your RC car anywhere I believe...not even at a track...and is cheaper than a set of tyres!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 12-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pinky View Post
@Dave...I'd never ask...but if you felt you needed to I'd be sure to show my appreciation...though this isn't Wales, so the 'appreciation' you get over here is a little less 'personal' shall we say

Can you explain `appreciation` please, I dont understand
Old 12-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

However, I will probably end up laughing like a monkey so apologies if that upsets anyone
Old 12-01-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

You'd be banned anyway, you need to charge in a sack
Old 01-02-2013

Default Membership 2013

Hi will there be any one at the track tomorrow where I can join the club and take out a membership and do some practising thanks!!!
Old 01-02-2013

Default BRCA

Hi
good work and very positive, the positions that is normal to have are a safety officer and someone that knows a bit about first aid.

other positions such as pro, track officer add to the committee and can be added if the need arises.

Does the club have new drivers guide book or info sheet, to highlight good driving we take this as common sense but if you haven't raced before things like never driving the against the traffic or stopping in the middle of the track on the racing line to make an adjustment or answer a phone are obvious but are done in all racing.

be there tomorrow sat for practice.

regards

Neale
Old 01-02-2013

Hello Rich,

You can contact Blue Pinky or Mr Speedy through Oople who will be happy to sort out membership for you. Membership entitles you to discounted race fees and the use of the track to practice on at your convenience.

Regards

Paul