Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 17-08-2015

Default Car for 2 (nearly 3) year old

Hi all,

Had a look but could only find a thread about cars for a 7 year old.

I bought her a little car that charged via the transmitter which was around £15, however the aerial snapped easily on the transmitter and steering was just a switch left or right.

Had a quick look on the net and the perfect car seems to be the HPI Q32, however it's only a wheel transmitter. I personally race sticks and if my Daughter ends up getting in to racing, I'd rather it was sticks so I want to start her on them from the beginning.

Has anyone else been in this position? What did you get? I don't want to spend much, she will get bored quickly and it's just for her to play with in the house.

I really do like the HPI Q32 and just wish it had sticks rather than a wheel.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 17-08-2015

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...Term=real%20fx

Run round as an RC car or lay the track out and have the cars give a bit of help plus you get to race :-)

Have had several kids that age use mine on events.

www.ModelCarParties.co.uk - Radio Controlled Car Racing Events - Kids Parties, Fetes, Exhibitions etc

www.ElliottsDrivingSchool.co.uk - driving lessons, trailer training, young driving experience (14+). Areas covered include - Huntingdon, Cambridge, Peterborough, Bedford and surrounding towns / villages.
Old 09-09-2015

I would say losi mini stadium truck.. when the bairn was that age he used to get allsorts of rc junk from argos and toy r us for xmas. In the end i got him a ftx just before he turned 4.
Recently bought him the losi just to mess with in the house and garden. By far the most reliable rc for under £60. Wish id know about them a few years back. Comes with full sized wheel tx as well.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/losi-mic...products/28897
Old 09-09-2015

I bought the Q32 for my 2.5 year old daughter. Overall it's really good, although the steering isn't very proportional compared to a proper servo.

I would also have preferred to have got her started on sticks, but there's so little RTR stuff on sticks, there wasn't much choice. Getting wheel stuff will probably always be easier.

As she's so young just getting her to let go of the throttle following a crash is a bit of a challenge, but nothing like starting early and she's played with it more than I thought.
Old 10-09-2015

Sticks are for d!cks......get her the Q32 and be done, she's one of the wheel mob......

XRAY XB4 '13
Associated B5M

"It's not about the taking part, its all about the winning"