Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Hot Bodies / HPI

Old 07-03-2010

Default What's the difference?

Hi, i was just wondering what different parts the D4 worlds has to the normal 1 as i've just bought a second hand standard d4. Also, i was wondering where the best place is to get spares like wishbones and stuff? cheers
Old 07-03-2010

www.hotbodiesonline.com explains differences and you can order parts from their too. Difference is basically better shocks on the WCE and slipper unit, as well as some updated parts.
Old 07-03-2010

Different shock bodies and tops, different slipper, wider front bumper, lower rear wing mounts, and the hole in the chassis under the motor is a bit larger. The newer arms also have screws in the arms to retain the outter hingepins. These was running change, and not sure if they were included in the newer kits.
Old 08-03-2010

I get most of my spares from wheelspin models, They have live stock levels so you dont have to fanny about on back orders. also radicool and thathpiguy on the bay are usefull. Get some losi springs, silver / green fronts, pink/red rears. The std HB one are woefully mismatched, front too hard rear too soft, even if you get the option springs.
I have a geektastic buggy spring searchable .xls spreadsheet if you would like it?
Old 08-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

the only essential upgrade is the slipper as the original spec one was awful. Make sure you pin both sides of the worlds slipper though, or it can give very bizarre handling in slippery tracks!
The original shocks were fine and pretty easy to build, so not an essential upgrade.

the new wishbone and front bumper are an improvement, but as said these are a rolling change, so if you buy a spare set you will get the improved part. Chance is they may already be on your second hand car.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 08-03-2010

OK cheers guys, I’m really relieved that it’s not massively different as when i had a BJ4 i found out that the entire chassis was different on the world’s version!

I think ill be getting the new slipper as I don't think that I want to be disassembling the whole thing during free time between races! Anyway, the motor seems to fit into the slot in the chassis so that's not a problem either.

Also, I was wondering how the drive-train should feel under-hand as it seems a tad sticky as if there’s too much oil in the diffs or something (although they are quite smooth)?

thanks again