Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 27-01-2018

Smile Getting back in to racing

Hi. Just dug my 2010 b4.1 rtr out of storage. Looking to get back in to racing Rc again and Thinking of getting a new car. 2wd or 4wd? & what make ? Team associated, Schumacher or any other manufacturer? Any help would be appreciated
Old 27-01-2018

2wd seems to be the most popular class at the moment and my personal choice is the associated b6 but you could run the latest yokomo, schumacher, losi, serpent or any of the current cars and be competitive. If you prefer the 4wd route then I'd run Xray.
Old 29-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainee007 View Post
Hi. Just dug my 2010 b4.1 rtr out of storage. Looking to get back in to racing Rc again and Thinking of getting a new car. 2wd or 4wd? & what make ? Team associated, Schumacher or any other manufacturer? Any help would be appreciated
Hi Steve. Thanks for your reply, I’m still not sure if I’m going 2wd or 4wd yet. But I’ve been looking at brushless motors, esc’s and servos but there are so many variations out there. What would you suggest For a carpet track? And is there any manufacturer that I should avoid? A shop suggested a Absima Revenge CTS10 V2 Brushless ESC and a ABSIMA BRUSHLESS MOTOR 1:10 "REVENGE CTM" 7,5T. Is this ok for a noob or is there anything just as good and cheaper
Old 06-02-2018

I too recommend the B6. Seen someone on here selling full setup for £400. If you could bargain the price down a little think that could be a good deal.

Alternatively if you are looking for new stuff the Corally are well priced and good quality. The Absima stuff is good too.

Whatever you do buy from a UK model shop and help support those that keep our clubs and regions running.