Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 08-12-2010

Of course its not a rigid thing about who drives for how long but i just thought that with some guidance it would make it easier for teams to allow all members to have similar time on track.

Either way I'm sure we can work out the smaller details on friday when we all meet.
Old 09-12-2010

OK so I've now mostly sorted my decorations for my TC for the meet next week. Who else has done theirs?

Mine might not be too practical to race on though.
Old 09-12-2010

Yeah keeping it simple is definitely the best option Scott. I think Maz and myself just meant it as a rough guide to be fair to everyone. But if the teams can sort this themselves that's ok

Not yet Maz, getting the stuff for my Xmas theme tomorrow! Then I'm going to rebuild my car and decorate the shell over the weekend.

Are the teams being drawn out of a hat/several hats tomorrow? If so can someone be kind and post them here for me to see please Thanks!!
Old 09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon R View Post
Yeah keeping it simple is definitely the best option Scott. I think Maz and myself just meant it as a rough guide to be fair to everyone. But if the teams can sort this themselves that's ok

Not yet Maz, getting the stuff for my Xmas theme tomorrow! Then I'm going to rebuild my car and decorate the shell over the weekend.

Are the teams being drawn out of a hat/several hats tomorrow? If so can someone be kind and post them here for me to see please Thanks!!
I shall be picking teams tomorrow during the evenings racing. I've split the drivers up based on driver skill - I think Maz is classed now as an F1 driver!

I will then post the teams on here so everyone can see who's racing with each other.

Understand your point about the conversations with yourself and Maz, I'm sure the team captains will ensure that everyone gets a good run, but at the same time the captains will have the knowledge to know when to pull in cars, or leave them running a little more.

I think it's going to be a great evening of racing and I'm going to look at getting the video camera out too (new HD one) to walk around taking some shots of the race throughout the evening.

I thought we should also mark on the stage with three boxes to ensure team drivers keep to their area, making driver change overs more simple.

Don't forget the decorations must be under 22in or you won't get your cars under the timing beam. I think the fact you all have to decorate the cars should make it more of a fun nights racing rather than getting too competitive.

You'll also need to consider the PT can be seen through all the decorations too otherwise you'll not be clocking up the laps.

I wonder what the winning team will achieve in terms of overall laps - over to you Maz and your calculations
Old 10-12-2010

I think if we can do over 200 laps per 45 minute race then we're in a good place.

Will you still add the 2 total times though to get an overall winner?
Old 11-12-2010

Default Teams have been chosen

OK guys, after the racing this evening the teams for next week were picked at random in front of Maz, Russell and Lewis. The teams will therefore be as follows:

Team 1
William Bracey (TC)
Tim Woodbridge (TC)
Matt Gammons (TC)
Craig Smith (M)
Russell Mackay (M)
Callum Wright (M)

Team 2
Maz Yumeda (TC)
Nick Mulliner (TC)
Luke Westbury (TC)
Paul Campion (M)
Nathan Wright (M)
Lewis Riley (M)

Team 3
Jonathan Robinson (TC)
Tom Williamson (TC)
Edward Handford (TC)
Keith Gammons (TC)
Steve Earey (M)
Andy Bracey (M)
Matt Riley (M)

I'm looking forward to watching the racing next week, remember that you all need to be racing decorated cars during the 2 x 45 minute races.

We'll also be handing out Trophies for the Autumn Championships and holding the Championship raffle - tickets will still be available for you, at £1 a strip of 5.

...and don't forget plenty of nibbles from you all
Old 14-12-2010

I'm surprised to admit it but the teams look pretty even, will be an interesting night.

One query though, seeing as there are 2 teams with only 6 drivers and 1 with 7 drivers (yeah I know it's the team I'm on! lol). Will each team have to do at least 6 pit stops each? The reason I ask is because due to the transponder swapping during pit stops they could easily take between 30 seconds to 1 minute and maybe more to perform. Which could mean to between 3 and 6+ laps disadvantage for Team 3.

This will not be a problem if we get a few extra drivers on the night, unless we end up with a team with 8 drivers. I don't mean this to start a fuss just a comment to make everything fair for everyone. Of course Team 3 could always race for 1 minute or more longer than Teams 1 and 2
Old 16-12-2010

You raise a fair point Jon, I was considering three posisble responses

1, I agree with you and try and convince the rest of our team that thats what we should do.

2, I agree with you and offer to do an extra pitstop on our team, but in effect, we pull one car over, let another run for 1 lap then pull it out and put the original back in which costs us only 1 lap. I know its not in the spirit of competition but motosport rules are there to be creatively massaged to gain any advantage

3, I agree with you but tell you to suck it up as your way too fast to be moaning about any slow downs you might suffer....
Old 16-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashiriya View Post
You raise a fair point Jon, I was considering three posisble responses

3, I agree with you but tell you to suck it up as your way too fast to be moaning about any slow downs you might suffer....
Yeah, quit the fuss Jon, the other teams need every edge they can!
Old 16-12-2010

On a serious - level minded note - it makes no difference Jon as teams can change drivers as often as they like, I do not expect in the controlled festive chaos that any one team will be running a logical and pre-planned attack.

Besides, as the other teams have stated, they need an egde over you
Old 17-12-2010

I think each team will choose to run the minimum number of pit stops possible. Mainly because removing clips, then the shell, changing the transponder, replacing the shell and replacing clips will take time. I'm fully expecting this to be over a minute long. So it makes sense to do it this way.

In the endurance racing I've done before with other clubs they have used this equal number of driver changes/pit stops. They even went as far to say the driver to go twice can't be the fastest driver on the team.

I'm sorry if you guys feel you need something over me to help I just feel that everything should be as fair as possible without going to silly measures. But we can discuss this at the meeting.
Old 17-12-2010

I do know what you mean Jon adn in the spirit of fairness I'm happy to force and extra stop if thats the way things work out. We'll have to see who turns up on the day.
Old 17-12-2010

Congratulations on a great evening of racing. I hope you all enjoyed the endurance race, it was certainly great to watch. I'll have the video edited over the festive break if I can find the time and will post it on the site for you all to enjoy.

The overall scores on the night were:

1st - Team 2 with 380 laps
2nd - Team 3 with 346 laps
3rd - Team 1 with 298 laps

So congratulations to Maz, Paul, Nick, Luke, Nathan and Lewis - well done to you all.

It has to be said that the team probably got the upper hand thanks to a clever thinking Paul & Maz who came up with a stunning solution to the PT hand over. The idea of having a self powered unit that could be velcroed to the outside of the car was very clever indeed and made for some very quick pit stops - well done
Old 21-12-2010

Indeed thanks to Paul for making the device. I have to say I was a little suprised when Paul phoned me to duggest the same idea that I had too.

Now that the secret is out though, I'll need to think of something to give me an edge of whatever we're doing next year.
Old 03-01-2011

Video now live with highlights from the endurance race during our xmas party meeting

http://www.bedsrcmcc.co.uk/video-xmas2010.php