Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 26-04-2012
Mad Member

Cool Turbo Optima Mid motor spacer

Found an original Motor spacer from my Turbo Optima Mid. Don't have the car any more but have some kingpins and hubs in an old toolbox.

http://www.oople.com/rc/manuals/midt...dturbo012.html

Stage 30, Step 1 on linked manual page....part is in TOPM-5, item OT-73 I think?

Any use to anyone?

Still searching for the ideal Mid for restoration!
Old 27-04-2012

Thanks , at least I know in which drawer to keep that part now.
What kind of restauration are you going for? I ventured to make mine into a modernized runner, but somewhere along the way I started doubting a belt drive 4wd is what I really want.
I wish tamiya had done a better job on the dark impact: I really love the layout, looks, and all-closed drive train. But I don't like the ABS and the big teeth
Old 28-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. ed View Post
What kind of restauration are you going for? I ventured to make mine into a modernized runner, but somewhere along the way I started doubting a belt drive 4wd is what I really want.
I wish tamiya had done a better job on the dark impact: I really love the layout, looks, and all-closed drive train. But I don't like the ABS and the big teeth
dont doubt the optima mid. i have ran it with a 10.5 and no problems with durabilty at all. in fact i am giving the newer cars a run for their money.
Old 28-04-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. ed View Post
Ideally i'm after a box-art Turbo Optima Mid or a Turbo Optima Mid Special (SE).

Already bought the extra fine white paint pen to do the lettering on the tyres.....just don't have the car yet!

I, like many, am mid 30's and used to race the buggies in their hay-day. My first proper rc car was a Turbo Optima Mid, and I also had a second one which a rich kid gave to me when he got bored, then someone sold me their Boomerang for tenner but they're all gone now - not sure if my mum cleared the loft but they're nowhere to be found.

So if anyone has a decent Turbo Mid/Mid SE they want to part with that i can restore to former glory and add a new box-art body to please do get in touch.

Dan

Old 28-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyon View Post
dont doubt the optima mid. i have ran it with a 10.5 and no problems with durabilty at all. in fact i am giving the newer cars a run for their money.
I don't doubt the car as I saw it running plenty in its days. I just don't feel like having to take care and worry about the sealing of the belt all the time.
My yokomo hotdog doesn't have any sealing, but it also doesn't have gears to catch the dirt going in with the belt.