Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 15-12-2020

Default MR4TC BD help!

So my club is running a budget touring car night on carpet. So most are running TT01/TT02, so looking around on eBay I found a used MR4TC BD.

It looks well used and raced outdoors, so the plan is to strip the car and try to build it back as per manual, I was told it had a single diff in front so will have to check this.

It will be running on a indoor carpet track and using a 20t brushed motor (as per club rules).

Can anyone recommend best place to get replacement parts? Will the default gear ratio be ok? Is there any upgrades from stock people would recommend?
Old 17-12-2020

Retro! When I got back into TC racing around 2010 I bought a job-lot of BDs for not very much cash. Kept me and the girlfriend going for a few years.

New spares will be impossible to find now. Keep an eye out on ebay for a second car or job lots of used spares.

In general it's fairly strong. The worst bit are the inner hingepins. They're only 2.5mm which is too thin and they bend easily. I replaced them with 2.5mm drill blanks instead which are much stronger.

Wouldn't have a clue about gear ratio. Start with a random pinion. If it's too slow, fit a bigger one. If the motor melts, fit a smaller one