Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 27-02-2015

Default which mm 2wd layout do people think will provale?

Motor behind the battery or motor in front of the battery? Or is there nothing in it? Or is there a better alternative (given our current technology)?
Old 28-02-2015

Arrow

Hard to say, the yz2 and the cougar both seem like they work well. Big factor is a lower gearbox i think.

Then again i get beat week in week out by a b5m so, more practice i reckon
Old 28-02-2015

We are still in fairly early stages of the front motor cars. Common thinking is that they are not as good on low grip/wet conditions as an older mid motor leading many to run a second wet setup car when conditions dictate.

Having said that as the front motor cars get further developed I think they will cope better and better with low grip. I ran my X6-S at Worksop for BWOC on a very slippy surface and the car was very drivable and I was not last I was running with folks who on high grip are similar or faster than me driving trad mid motors and I was not losing out to them.

Once you have driven a front motor with the steering and lateral grip it can generate it is hard to go back. So that's where my vote will go.
Old 28-02-2015

At Coventry before xmas on a horrible damp day where track was greasy we backed to back a bmax2 and an xb4/2. While the bmax was safer it wasn't faster than the xb4/2 ONCE you'd got past the intial traction stage (more to do with the slipper setup of the xb4/2 in my opinion as it's tricky to get it to slip enough but not slip that you lose power once upto speed) - on average it was about 12 seconds a run faster with the xb4/2 (same driver)

Personnaly think that mid will still be a back up under certain conditions and that forward motor cars (I include yz2 in this as the motor is way forward from the rear axle!) will prevail - the more people buy them then the more people who are in the same boat when tracks are not at their best if you get my meaning.
AE B74
AE T6.1
AE SC6.1

Kits and parts supplied by:
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/[/size]

My Feedback thread: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...945#post691945