Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Trade Room > Wanted

Old 16-12-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

May have to purchase one then
Old 16-12-2007
Administrator

Anyone else find the MRT website rather confusing?
Old 16-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sorry I didn't get back saturday.

As is said already the MRT bugs have 20 pre programmed numbers, which is fine as long as there are only 20 MRT transponders in a meeting your fine.

There does seem to be a way of setting the lap counting program to see each of the pre set numbers a specific number, ie 4902331 would be #1 2563992 would be #2 etc.

This however requires the person in charge of the timing to set there system to these 20 numbers, I'd be surprised if this gets done TBH.

I'm sticking with my pt's. I might get my MRT "clowned" LOL for my micro car as it is dinky.
Old 16-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Anyone else find the MRT website rather confusing?
Try speaking to the guy from MRT
Old 17-12-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Paint View Post
Sorry I didn't get back saturday.

As is said already the MRT bugs have 20 pre programmed numbers, which is fine as long as there are only 20 MRT transponders in a meeting your fine.

There does seem to be a way of setting the lap counting program to see each of the pre set numbers a specific number, ie 4902331 would be #1 2563992 would be #2 etc.

This however requires the person in charge of the timing to set there system to these 20 numbers, I'd be surprised if this gets done TBH.

I'm sticking with my pt's. I might get my MRT "clowned" LOL for my micro car as it is dinky.
You get instructions telling you what numbers are programed into the transponder and how to change them.

Old 17-12-2007
oOple Advertiser

hi all super price for forum members is £60.00 posted
Old 17-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
You get instructions telling you what numbers are programed into the transponder and how to change them.

But if you don't have a PT to cloan your number from you can't have the MRT supplied with a "custom cloaned Number".

For someone who wants to cloan PT which they already own they are a very good option, but, if you are not cloaning a PT IMO the MRT is not a practical solution for National racing. However, if you are only going to use them for club racing and you have an ammenable race director who is prepared to setup the timing software to recognise the 20 preset numbers they are spot on.
Old 17-12-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

those numbers still have to be tied to a persons name in a heat, otherwise they will come up as 'unknown'
Old 17-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

In "laps free" software you can set a 7 number sequence to act as a handout number. ie 4964721 could be set in your race timing software to be handout 1 from set of handouts 1. This number would then correspond with the preset #1 set 1 on the MRT PTx.

I assume BBK would be the same but don't know the system so well.
Old 17-12-2007

thats cool, or if run in a club for the club, I guess you could set certain people up with a certain PT number and stick to it.
Old 17-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

indeed, yes.

We have ours preset as "bug1" and "bug2" then just assign them to car 1 and car 2 works fine, if you had 20 you could actually use them as hand outs. Would be a bit of a potch though.
Old 17-12-2007

Quote:
But if you don't have a PT to cloan your number from you can't have the MRT supplied with a "custom cloaned Number".

For someone who wants to cloan PT which they already own they are a very good option, but, if you are not cloaning a PT IMO the MRT is not a practical solution for National racing. However, if you are only going to use them for club racing and you have an ammenable race director who is prepared to setup the timing software to recognise the 20 preset numbers they are spot on.
Why is it not a practical choice? If you choose say number 9 of the first set of 10 numbers your pt number is 3073479 (from the picture).You don't need to pass the car under the loop to read the number all the pt numbers are on the supplied instructions.The chance of a someone else running that number on their MRT is slim and if they are the system would tell the race director so you could go to the next number.I know there not the perfect solution but for £35 there nearly there.
Old 17-12-2007
Mad Member

Is anybody aware if the MRT Power boosters work on the AMB PT or do they work on just the MRT PTs? I was at York outdoors last year and it kept missing laps. I was sick of it happening so i havent used it since. Getting a 'Booster' would give me the confidence to try it again.Any ideas?

Posted this the other day but wasnt sure people had read it.Cheers
Old 18-12-2007

As far as i know Chris they work and are designed for the AMB units as the MRT units are designed to work at 2.8v - 30v. So i think the boosters are meant for the AMB transponders as the MRT ones don't need it.
Old 18-12-2007

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
Is anybody aware if the MRT Power boosters work on the AMB PT or do they work on just the MRT PTs? I was at York outdoors last year and it kept missing laps. I was sick of it happening so i havent used it since. Getting a 'Booster' would give me the confidence to try it again.Any ideas?

Posted this the other day but wasnt sure people had read it.Cheers

mrt's own bug have the bug booster built in

the bug booster is designed for the AMB bug
Old 18-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
Why is it not a practical choice? If you choose say number 9 of the first set of 10 numbers your pt number is 3073479 (from the picture).You don't need to pass the car under the loop to read the number all the pt numbers are on the supplied instructions.The chance of a someone else running that number on their MRT is slim and if they are the system would tell the race director so you could go to the next number.I know there not the perfect solution but for £35 there nearly there.
OK, so your at a National where 130 people are racing and 25 people have MRT transponders, then what? Can you seriously see Jacquie saying "Why don't you just share the same number"

It's fine at a smaller meeting where everyone knows everyone else but not at a National level.
Old 18-12-2007
Super Moderator

BBKrc will not 'share' numbers, if you try to add a number someone is already using it asks if you want to delete it from the other persons details.

I'm with Craig, only really any good if you clone your own number for nats, they do not suffer fools gladly there.....

G
Old 18-12-2007

Quote:
OK, so your at a National where 130 people are racing and 25 people have MRT transponders, then what? Can you seriously see Jacquie saying "Why don't you just share the same number"

It's fine at a smaller meeting where everyone knows everyone else but not at a National level.
totally agree, the mrt pt is designed for clubs to replace the over inflated price of the red handout bugs, and thats all. You couldn't really do it at a national.