Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > REAL 1:1 Cars

Old 29-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G
Default On coming traffic flashing at you while overtaking

It seems over the weekend and this morning whenever I overtake someone the on coming traffic have to flash Their lights at me even though I'm back on my side of the road a good few seconds before we pass

If buses travelled the same speed as me I would gladly follow them everywhere taking full advantage of my reduced drag and greater fuel economy, but the don't so require to be overtaken.

I just dont see the need to be flashed at. I can see you're coming towards me, but since I'm now level with the car I'm overtaking I'm hardly going to abort and brake hard...

Rant over
Old 29-03-2011
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Yeah, people who are responsible about road safety can be such dickheads.
Old 29-03-2011

Possibly try waiting until there isn't oncoming traffic!

Old 29-03-2011
BANNED

On a similar subject why do many drivers ignore the 'USE BOTH LANES' sign on approch to roadworks?

They jump into one lane as soon as signs warn of the upcoming bottleneck.

The same drivers also ignore the instruction to 'MERGE IN TURN', in fact they often are obstructive of drivers trying to follow the instruction by driving very close to the car in front of them.

It's not hard and everyone gets there faster.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.

Last edited by Stu; 29-03-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 29-03-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

I will admit, if I know roadworks are coming up, I will merge in with time to spare, but the one who comes tearing up the outside and expect you to let them in.....
Old 29-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If anyone coming the other way flashes me I just blind em' with Xenon's + full beam
Old 29-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I like the subject on use both lanes.
Why do people feel the need to move over when there is still space in the lane?
Why do people try and block you from using the lane? I'm not saying come speeding along, how about at a slow pace? Is this ok?

Ok here's a situation, your at the supermarket, there is 2 till's open, 1 till with loads of people, 1 till with a few people, what till would you go to?
Shall we all go to the till that has loads of people? Nope, so why should we all move to a lane where there's loads of people if there is still room in the other lane???
Old 29-03-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb

I've forgotten what overtaking is...
Old 29-03-2011
BANNED

If all drivers followed the signs and used both lanes there would be no cars bombing up the outside as it would be full of cars.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 29-03-2011
Mad Member

Only thing I overtake is cyclists, but then at the next set of lights they come back past and try to take my wing mirror off. When I'm on my bike I always wait in the que, not try and get to the front to hold everyone up again

Clown
Old 29-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson View Post
Possibly try waiting until there isn't oncoming traffic!
Obviously they aren't oncoming when I start to overtake. They appear halfway past and then start flashing even though I'm nearly back on my side of the road.

I wouldn't start to overtake if I could see them unless they were a long way away.
Old 29-03-2011

I love it when the car I've just overtaken flashes their lights at me once I've pulled back in! They're normally donig 40 in a 60 though.........

Ludlow Radio Car Club

LRCC Youtube Vid.
Old 29-03-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

People driving on the white line aka the middle one preventing overtaking pee's me off! Just move over you have intension of overtaking so just toe the line!!!! Let us who wish to overtake go!

Ash

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 29-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

I'm getting fed up of nearly hitting old drivers that are trundling along at 25 in a 60 zone, and when you come round the bend at 55/60, they're going so slow that they might as well be stood still!

Saw an advert earlier on saying that old people make less insurance claim than anyone else....thats because they 'cause' other people to have accidents by not being aware of their surroundings and speed limits etc.

Also the people that are paying so little attention to the road that they have to do emergency stops whenever they see a speed camera....even though they're doing 28 in a 30 limit. They're just so busy doing something else that they don't even realise what speed they're actually doing!
Old 30-03-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
I'm getting fed up of nearly hitting old drivers that are trundling along at 25 in a 60 zone, and when you come round the bend at 55/60, they're going so slow that they might as well be stood still!

Saw an advert earlier on saying that old people make less insurance claim than anyone else....thats because they 'cause' other people to have accidents by not being aware of their surroundings and speed limits etc.

Also the people that are paying so little attention to the road that they have to do emergency stops whenever they see a speed camera....even though they're doing 28 in a 30 limit. They're just so busy doing something else that they don't even realise what speed they're actually doing!
The clue to their low premiums is in your first paragraph!! If you drive faster than you can see your stopping distance is clear, how is that their fault? Me, I get really pissed off by people who only manage 55/60 in the 60 zones when I want to do 80+...

The speed camera thing just makes me laugh, I totally agree. They see the camera, and the adrenaline goes straight to the brake pedal!! The problem with speed cameras is that they make everyone concentrate on their speedos, and not the road. Since they came in, prosecutions for 'bad' driving have dropped, and minor injuries have risen. Reduced deaths on the road has more to do with car design than speed cameras.

However, bad news!! Speed cameras will be turned back on again as Oxfordshire police have discovered that if you are told to take the speed awareness course they run, they get the money. If you pay a fine, the Government gets the money. So, they are turning their cameras back on and giving out course attendances, which you have to pay for.

I don't care if people flash me at any time. If I have caused them to alter course or brake, then I've screwed up my manouvre and driven badly. If I haven't, then I've just messed with their heads a bit!
Old 30-03-2011
Thieving scumbag

back on to flashing cars it happens to me every morning on my way to work there is only so long you can endure the 40mph that a lorry is doing in a 60 and you have to overtake people comming the other way just seem to think even when you are miles of hitting them that you dont belong on there side of the road all i can say to do is give them a bit back xenons and the fogs the full doubble barrel
Old 30-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If you're just making it back on to your side a few seconds before you pass, i would guess that the person flashing you has had to stab their brakes on as they see you coming towards them, so although you're making it back in how do you know you've not caused mad panic and them to slam the brakes on to avoid smashing into you head on????

You say they're not there as you over take but then appear as you're nearly past - that means pure and simple you're over taking blind!! You need to be waiting until you can see a long stretch (as in a stretch long enough for you to pass and get back in way before a car is coming)!

I hate people that risk others lives over-taking..... I don't think you realise the impact of hitting a car head on - even at 30 it's literally like stopping dead at 60mph so think about that before you kill someone.
Old 30-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Get a motorbike. Overtake anything anytime you want
Old 30-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Goodall View Post
If you're just making it back on to your side a few seconds before you pass, i would guess that the person flashing you has had to stab their brakes on as they see you coming towards them, so although you're making it back in how do you know you've not caused mad panic and them to slam the brakes on to avoid smashing into you head on????

You say they're not there as you over take but then appear as you're nearly past - that means pure and simple you're over taking blind!! You need to be waiting until you can see a long stretch (as in a stretch long enough for you to pass and get back in way before a car is coming)!

I hate people that risk others lives over-taking..... I don't think you realise the impact of hitting a car head on - even at 30 it's literally like stopping dead at 60mph so think about that before you kill someone.
Exactly what I was thinking when reading this thread

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 30-03-2011

I am currently doing my driving lessons so have had a total of 10 hours on the road and i have already had to stamp hard on the breaks 6 times due to poor overtaking from oncoming traffic .. 3 times on blind corners in 30mph residential areas 2 times on the road going past slough rc club bridge entrance national speed limit road and 2 other times ..

i am all for overtaking but do it safe please

also dont even attempt an overtake if your car is s**T like a 1.2 you wont make it in time