Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 16-05-2013

Default Original x6 to x6 Cube upgrade

SO guys after seeing Paul's Video I'm Extremly excited to see the x6 cube as many are !!!

BUT how do I go about it ?? CAN and if so How could I upgrade my original x6 ??? Would it b cheaper to buy a squared rolling chassis and convert to a cubed

Cheers guys
Old 16-05-2013

Looking at pics and videos it should be easier to convert original x6 to x6 cubed as it uses original front which is all good as I have 2 to change( price dependent of corse )
Carisma gtb x2
Schumacher gt12 x2
Old 16-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshcarter2012 View Post
SO guys after seeing Paul's Video I'm Extremly excited to see the x6 cube as many are !!!

BUT how do I go about it ?? CAN and if so How could I upgrade my original x6 ??? Would it b cheaper to buy a squared rolling chassis and convert to a cubed

Cheers guys
Is your original X6 a 3 gear or 4 gear version?

Assuming it is 4 gear, all you will need will be the Cubed "Ugrade Kit" (not the more expensive "Conversion" kit) and you will need the X6 Squared rear wishbones (XF3012) and hinge bushes (XF6142)and possibly some servo mounts too otherwise you are good to go......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 17-05-2013

Hi Darren .....

I was hoping u would reply :-) ...... I can only assume its the older 3 gear version , I'm not 100% sure thou as I brought the car 2nd hand a while ago .
Is there an easy way for a newbie like me to tell ??

Thanks for everything
Craig
Old 17-05-2013
Mad Member

Looking from the front, which side is the slipper nut? If its on the right, you have the 4 gear tranny, on the left, the 3 gear.

HTH
Old 17-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Also if you simply look at the gearbox case it has circular shapes around the gears that it houses, the largest being at the bottom which is the diff then smaller ones a the top for the idler (or idlers x 2 in a 4 gear) and of course the top shaft gear, juts count if you have 3 or 4.

Or alternatively if you are still unsure, remove and open up the gearbox and count'em, 3 or 4?

If you do have a 3 gear, additionally to the list above you will need the 4 gear transmission case (XF5001), another idler gear shaft (XF5201), a pair of idler gear bearings (XF6202) and an Associated B4 idler gear (AS9360), a 4 gear motor plate of your choice - you have a large selection to choose from depending on your taste - standard kit alloy version (XF1232), or optional ones such as X-Factory Real Men Wear Black, black version (XF1233), E-Speed blue milled version (ES009), DDP blue milled version (DDP024), DMS Partz carbon fibre version (DMS133) or even the Optimized RC ones in red or blue (OP002 or OP004)
Old 18-05-2013
Mad Member

How many flavors is that, Darren???

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 18-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
a 4 gear motor plate of your choice - you have a large selection to choose from depending on your taste - standard kit alloy version (XF1232), or optional ones such as X-Factory Real Men Wear Black, black version (XF1233), E-Speed blue milled version (ES009), DDP blue milled version (DDP024), DMS Partz carbon fibre version (DMS133) or even the Optimized RC ones in red or blue (OP002 or OP004)
Which one are compatible with the gear cover? Is the motor plate from the B4 conversion kit compatible?

By the way thanks for your pics Darren, they look very good.
Old 18-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickMe View Post
Which one are compatible with the gear cover? Is the motor plate from the B4 conversion kit compatible?

By the way thanks for your pics Darren, they look very good.
The motor plate we have used on the prototype cars has been made by one of our UK team drivers and it accepts a cut down B4 gear cover, however X-Factory are working on a new motor plate that will be supplied in the kits and for the Cubed this will also have provisions for a future gear cover too.........

The B4 motor plates will not fit.

Last edited by Col; 19-05-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 19-05-2013
Mad Member

We wanted very much to not have to produce a gear cover. The great majority of our Team experience and the majority of the Family experience is that a gear cover is not needed when the body is snug. And the new Cubed body is snug.

However, some Family experience in short course, and, to a lesser extent, in stadium truck, shows that at some tracks a gear cover might be helpful in those classes where the body fits more loosely. I run only stadium truck and have never had the slightest concern in this area. My driving skill is another matter! LOL

Therefore, the new #1234 motor plate will include two tapped holes for a gear cover. The AE one will not fit; Paul worked for almost a week trying to make it fit so we did not need to make a gear cover, and it simply will not. So, at some point in the future we intend to make a gear cover; however the Cubed will be released without it and the X - 60CF and SCX - 60CF will continue without.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 19-05-2013

Unhappy

Well guys last night had the car checked over and iDO have a 4 gear transmission !!!!

But a few guys have mentioned that as the cubed is +9mm it wouldn't be suited to our indoor track I'm Very sad on that note !!!
I really thought this would have been the next step UP
Old 19-05-2013

Quote:
Well guys last night had the car checked over and iDO have a 4 gear transmission !!!!

But a few guys have mentioned that as the cubed is +9mm it wouldn't be suited to our indoor track I'm Very sad on that note !!!
What is it about your track makes a +9mm chassis unsuitable? The DMS club is a small (circa 12 sec lap) indoor circuit on carpet and The cubed has won pretty much every time out - OK the driver is very good but he is up against some very fast 4WD as well as 22's, RB6, DEX210.
Old 19-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:

The Cubed is +9mm over the older X6 and X6 Squared, but that only mkes it a similar length now to cars such as the 22, RB6, Centro and DEX210 it is not 9mm longer than these.... so you have nothing to worry about and as Cutting42 has added, testing indoors on tight twisty tracks so far has gone VERY well indeed with great success, including an A final place at the Maritime Off Road Wars too
Old 20-05-2013
Mad Member

Please note in the video that Paul talks about testing various lengths. The U.K. Team generally liked +10, while the U.S. guys liked +8, so the compromise was +9. That certainly is not making it what is needed for dirt and "to heck with" U.K. conditions. You can't say that about some other companies.

http://xfactoryrc.com/rc/Videos.php

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 20-05-2013

CHEERS guys for all yr replies !!!!
Now once again this forum has helped out with lots of my confusion 😉
I once again cannot wait til the x6 is finally released .

Does anyone have an idea what sort of prices these bad boys wil be ???
Old 21-05-2013