Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 03-02-2011

Default Mamba max pro issues

well, what can i say what a dissapointment nothing but issues with a brand new speed controller, wired it up and manic glitching and unable too calibrate it with my helios, no matter what i tried it would not work the steering would glitch manically, and when i turned the wheel slowly it would settle down. But i still could not get it too calibrate with my controller.
Then as soon as i turn the wheel with any vigour it goes back too glitching manically and the led's on the speedo go crazy and the steering servo is going manic again.
I emailed castle creations and have had nothing in return, very dissapointed, and after reading various forums i am still no better off. so i have resorted too the mass of intelligence that is Oople. Come on guys help a racer out here. Please.....

Ooo just so you know its a sr300 receiver going too a gm 6.5 turn motor. the motor is good i tried it last week with a havok speedo and it was fine. cells are charged and the motor wires are not crossing the antenna or the receiver.
Old 03-02-2011

Hi,
I'm very sorry to hear about your problems.

I have two MM pro's and I have not had a single issue or problem.

Lets go back to basics now.
Calibrate the Mamba max pro on the table and out of the car,
without a servo or motor connected,
just the battery,receiver and the MMP.
Next.
switch off and disconnect the battery,switch off the transmitter.
Next.
Connect the motor and then connect the battery and switch on the transmitter.
Next.
Switch on the MMP.
Next.
Test the motor works.
(throttle on/brake/neutral).

Try that just so you can rule out everything else.
Old 09-02-2011

hi Dingbat.

thanks for the time and reply, i did that and had no joy still got the glitching, but i did get a email back from castle creations and they should that i should try a voltage protector, which i have and it works fine now.

on another note, if you dont mind me picking your brains for a minute, what settings are you running, i have mine on default and even though it is awesome, and i mean absolutely stonking, its a bit much for my trf 201, i cant keep the front wheels down. i have gone through the instructions and taken some of the intial bite off, but its still as fierce as hell.