Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

Old 17-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
Good idea... but junior members and their parents should be exempt.
I was thinking about this last time me and the little lad were down, i don't mind paying the full price for the little lad to race rather than the reduced price.

I know junior members need to leave early so they can get up for school on the monday so they don't get as many heats, hence the reduced fee's but still paying the full price would go some way to compensating towards not being there at the end of the night to help clear up etc. I know its not much but its something i guess.
Old 17-03-2010
Mad Member

There's nothing wrong with the way we've been doing it. And there was only a couple of people left early through genuine reasons. I think the title of the first post should have been:-

"I'm annoyed because I couldn't stand outside smoking while everyone else put the track away and I actually had to do some work for a change"
Old 17-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
Honest, it's a friendly club, just the odd few who don't know how to portray that on open public forums.

I've just been portraying our open, friendly demeanor to the local newspaper, and gave them a link to this forum.

As if moderators on here dont have enough to watch out for.
It is a friendly club everyone gets on well and generally a good laugh.

Chris this is an open forum so I will put my point across as I see fit, I say thing as I see em and I always will!
Old 17-03-2010

I had planned to race next sunday. Are there going to be enough people turning up to make it worth while? I can pick up the keys etc from David's house if there are. Will there be someone turning up who knows how to lock up. Is there an alarm to set?

Sunday night racing suits me.However I suggest that we want to be finishing at 10pm to allow for the track to be put away and get out of the premises by 10.30pm. The fiver charge seems a bit steep but one english pound is not going to get people to stay back and put stuff away. We need to talk I think!

Keith
Old 18-03-2010

Send a message via MSN to baD Send a message via Skype™ to baD
Default Deposits

Well, a quid deposit in the 80's didn't stop the early leavers, 2 quid in the 90's didn't work either, so it's got to be 4 to 6 gbp deposit at least now. So I'd vote for a fiver deposit, and free racing for the poor sod who has to take all the money in and then hand it out last thing after the track is all away.
Exceptions of course for those with school kids.

Following on from the MrEmily post, can I suggest the Race Dates thread on here has the committee persons name against the date, showing who will be running it, so gear, keys etc can always be passed on to the one concerned.

PS - thanks for the laugh guys - some of the humour on here is class

PPS - it is a good humoured club - don't think you will find even one club in the country where members are not troubled by those that race and nothing else. Thankfully at Seaham the shirkers are few.
Old 18-03-2010

I can go next week.
I stay as long as i can (except when i leave with broken car!!) but I live nearly an hour and a half away. Id be happy to donate a couple of quid every time i couldnt stay to clean up.
And keep the night racing, it saves hassle for the majority with wifes and kids!
Old 18-03-2010

Default Racing on this Sunday

See this thread....

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...339#post356339

North East Amateur Motorsport
(formerly Jarrow & Oxclose RC Racing)
http://www.neamRC.co.uk

Racing Sundays 6pm-10pm @ Seaham Youth Centre, SR7 8QE