View Poll Results: What would you buy?
Kyosho MP9 TKI2 16 42.11%
Losi Eight EU 2.0 18 47.37%
Hong Nor X3S 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-12-2011
Mad Member

Default Nitro Car Choice.

I think that I am pretty set on the MP9 TKI2 but just thought I'd ask oppinions. The other options are the Hong Nor X3S and the Losi 2 EU Eight. Thought guys.
Old 18-12-2011
Mad Member

why so few cars in the poll?
there are plenty of other good cars out there!

plus tbh pretty much every answer you'll get is just people telling you that the car they run is the best "because thats what they bought so it must be"

what about Mugen Xray JQ Agama or even Durango or Sworks. plenty of cars to choose from
Old 18-12-2011
Mad Member

Showtime you are right of course. The reason I chose the cars that I dai is that there is good local HS support and they are he ones that I have seen and really like the look of. One of the main thins for me is that I can go to a locaL SHOP and buy the parts that I need. I like going into a shop on a saturday morning.
Old 18-12-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Or the rc8.2?
Old 18-12-2011
Mad Member

I got chocked off with AE when I ran A B44 vowed I wouldn't buy another.
Old 18-12-2011
Mad Member

furry muff

its a shame that we've all hibernated for the winter otherwise you could hang out in our gazebo for a day & take a good nose over our cars

last time at slough we had my JQ car, Flanders was running Associated, Kifo was running a Losi & i can't remember what Carrots was running as poeple were trying different cars for next year

i do know that Flanders, Carrots & Delly will be on the Hong Nor next year though.

as for spares you can either buy 2 kits so you're covered in EVERY eventuality. but tbh the cars seem to break so rarely nowadays you could easily get away without carrying a massive spares package or even scrounge what you need trackside if its something you don't carry
Old 18-12-2011
Mad Member

I couldn't stretch to 2 kits but I would normally buy front and rear wishbones and hinge pins inner and outer's and wing the rest for starters.

You were right about the influx of what about this car that car ect.
Old 18-12-2011
Mad Member

I put Kyosho as my answer on the poll, I'd love one but they're very expensive. I'm happy with my Agama although proof will be when I finally get to run it. I've heard positive stuff about them so that's good enough for me, I know where to get spares if I need them.

My paintwork thread
Old 18-12-2011

you can get two losi's for the price of one kyosho
Old 18-12-2011

Also what tracks do you run on.We have gone from Durango too Agama purely because Nemo racing give such good track side support especially if you are thinking of doing the nationals in 2012.
Good car great support
Old 18-12-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

buy whatever you fancy mate. All cars out there are more than capable of winning as long as you have the thumbs ( in showtimes case, fingers and thumb) to win.
Old 18-12-2011

Thumbs up

Serpent 811
Old 18-12-2011

I have run

Hobao
Xray
Agama..

Order of preference

Agama
Xray
Hobao...

Agama is a great car, I ran it with Nemo this year via a supported drive and cannot fault the car would be running it in 2012, but put 1/8th on hold due to Uni commitments. Super reliable and does the job, Xray was very nice better quality, but was harder to get a faster laptime but was very consistent. Most cars on the market are good.. go for what you want, but as said above, Agama has fantastic support from Dave and John and Bren with the Nemo Wagon and so on..
Old 18-12-2011
Mad Member

The more I read the more scared I get Clutches, Clutch bearings, Pinch, And running in the big R can make or brake a engine. What are second hand cars like? Obviously it depends from who you buy but I mean do they wear out quick or if I wanted to try should I go down that route? I can afford to buy new but having never done it before if I don't like it I've less to lose. possibly?
Old 18-12-2011

If your wanting to Try it.. and want to see if you like it a used roller could be the safer bet.. Cars-Is not much different to 1/10th.. it just takes longer to rebuild and so on.

Engines-Dont Buy Used! They are something that can be easily damaged if not tuned and cared for. Best bet would be get a used roller and a cheapish new engine, then see if you get on with it. There is alot more fiddling and alot less switch on and go involved with nitro. Glow plugs, clutch shoes bearings springs.. tunning.. fuel.. and so on

Its a big learning curve..
Old 18-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
The more I read the more scared I get Clutches, Clutch bearings, Pinch, And running in the big R can make or brake a engine. What are second hand cars like? Obviously it depends from who you buy but I mean do they wear out quick or if I wanted to try should I go down that route? I can afford to buy new but having never done it before if I don't like it I've less to lose. possibly?
Clutches need changing every meeting, never buy a pinched engine, better to get a new one, they dont have to cost a fortune.
The kyosho may be expensive to buy but you wont need many spares and once you drive it you will know why its the best

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 18-12-2011

All the cars you have listed are great with the correct setup they will all drive great.
Just pick the one you will get the most support with from your local shop.
Jim
Old 18-12-2011
Mad Member

Tommy Chung is not too far and seems to be a wealth of knowledge. Kyosho still looking favorite although I my choose a different engine like an alpha over a bullitt till I get my eye in.
Old 19-12-2011
Mad Member

Argus engines are good and cheap, I did read something about them being built in the same factory as Alpha but I have nothing to base that on apart from the comments I saw on another forum.

http://www.s-m-d.co.uk/argus-a52jp-4...set-i2756.html

About £170 / £180 comes with pipe.

You've got a charger, and Lipo's, you can use lipo's to power your starter box, rewire it with deans though.

You've probably already got servo's, although I know Jamie is selling one cheap, I was looking at it myself. Then you've just got smaller stuff like glow starter, fuel bottle and the like. As Jamie said, get yourself a used roller then buy what else you need, cheaper way to get into it. My Agama with a load of spares was only £175, I got an absolute bargain. Keep hunting the used sections for a Kyosho or which ever one you go for.

My paintwork thread
Old 19-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
the cluch springs are the weak bit and the kit ones are usualy not strong enough,i cant remember the name of the clutch i alwasy fitted RWM or somthing,its an adjustable one,fit and forget for the year,clutch bearings can last as long as you look after them,never buy second hand?if Tommy Chung offered you a second hand setup you would be silly not to take that offer,if some goon on ebay said iv got a hardly used £300 engine then your wise not to,the trouble with nitro,iv found the only way to learn is do it yourself,always ask,but try to do it your self,

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486