Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 16-01-2017

Thanks mes and mattr,

I'll think about that!

Not high checking this thread any longer!

To get back to topic,

I realy like the new 2wd's too and looking foward to the EOS race here in austria in april, to see one in action...

Great job schumacher!

My cars:
CatK2/CougarSVR/BossCat/Dex410v3/Dex410v5/Dex210/Dex210F/Yokomo yz-10‘94/Yokomo yz-10‘95/
Old 16-01-2017
Mad Member

Youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42SJiHHruTQ

(Embedding does not seem to work properly, I keep getting an error message)

Last edited by mes; 16-01-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 16-01-2017

Both cars look stunning in my personal opinion! Top job Schumacher Racing
Old 18-01-2017
Mad Member

It would be great to see the weight bias comparisons between Layout-01 and Layout-03.

I think Layout-03 (ala B6 etc) COULD be better suited to high-bite than Layout-01? Simply because with the Lipo in front of the motor, you can add a 50-80g weight under the Lipo creating more forward weight overall. It's quite hard to do that when you have the motor in the middle!

Thoughts?

Screenshot for demonstration -

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 18-01-2017

Very exciting. The cars look great. I've just started racing and both tracks I go to are outdoor Astro and each race has either been wet or icy. I was wondering if the KD would be the car of choice in these conditions or will Astro always have more grip than dirt regardless of weather condition?

Off Road Club: TORCH
Off Road Race Car: Schumacher KF2
ON Road Club: SHMCC
On Road Race Car: Schumacher Mi5 evo, Eclipse
Rollers: Procat x2, Cat 2000ec, Club 10, Cougar 2000 95
Projects: Topcat, Storm, Procat no.3, Club 10 touring
Old 18-01-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVRrc View Post
Very exciting. The cars look great. I've just started racing and both tracks I go to are outdoor Astro and each race has either been wet or icy. I was wondering if the KD would be the car of choice in these conditions or will Astro always have more grip than dirt regardless of weather condition?
If your tracks of choice are always slippery, the KD may indeed be the way to go. Otherwise, the KC might be a good choice with the addition of a ball diff for wet races. This way you'll retain more steering, which is key to fast lap times.
Wet or sandy astro can be more slippery than a well-groomed dirt track, but the right tyres like Schumacher silvers or Ballistic greens or pinks make a difference for sure.
Old 19-01-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
If your tracks of choice are always slippery, the KD may indeed be the way to go. Otherwise, the KC might be a good choice with the addition of a ball diff for wet races. This way you'll retain more steering, which is key to fast lap times.v
Wet or sandy astro can be more slippery than a well-groomed dirt track, but the right tyres like Schumacher silvers or Ballistic greens or pinks make a difference for sure.
Thanks for the reply, lots to learn Most of my problems getting round a track are due to my lack of skill. Having talked to some seasoned racers who have run both gear boxes on the rc10b6 and have chosen the dirt version over the lay down gear box for all surfaces but I guess it comes down to driving style and personal preference. I like the thought of getting the motor back as far as possible to get max gyro effect from the motor for rear wheel traction then using slim light weight lipos to keep weight drown and weights up front to get the front traction right in corners?
The nice thing about the KD or KC is which ever you choose they use the same chassis so you can alway get the alternate gear box if you want to convert it from one to the other.

Off Road Club: TORCH
Off Road Race Car: Schumacher KF2
ON Road Club: SHMCC
On Road Race Car: Schumacher Mi5 evo, Eclipse
Rollers: Procat x2, Cat 2000ec, Club 10, Cougar 2000 95
Projects: Topcat, Storm, Procat no.3, Club 10 touring
Old 19-01-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosborne6661 View Post
It would be great to see the weight bias comparisons between Layout-01 and Layout-03.

I think Layout-03 (ala B6 etc) COULD be better suited to high-bite than Layout-01? Simply because with the Lipo in front of the motor, you can add a 50-80g weight under the Lipo creating more forward weight overall. It's quite hard to do that when you have the motor in the middle!

Thoughts?

Screenshot for demonstration -

For sure you could throw a lot of weight forwards on Layout-3 like that, but you could get the same balance with less overall weight by using Layout-1 with a LCG LiPo fully forwards.

One thing's for sure Layout-4 gives us an option with more rear bias than was possible with the KF2.

Another consideration is the impact of the torque effect from the motor in the different positions. Of course all layouts are now reverse motor rotation. You could match the weight distribution across a few of those layouts, but they could still feel different.
Old 19-01-2017

The motor rotation is going to be most unknown change regardless of which position is used, I am not sure if they have tried to do too much, how many of us actually change motor position once we have built and installed the electrics.
Would we be thinking that a conventional layout with three gear transmission and along the lines of the KD would be on our wish list.
I know it is boring but a three gear non belt drive would on order now with out a doubt

Last edited by CARB; 19-01-2017 at 03:05 PM.
Old 19-01-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARB View Post
The motor rotation is going to be most unknown change regardless of which position is used, I am not sure if they have tried to do too much, how many of us actually change motor position once we have built and installed the electrics.
Would we be thinking that a conventional layout with three gear transmission and along the lines of the KD would be on our wish list.
I know it is boring but a three gear non belt drive would on order now with out a doubt
I guess the beauty of the design is that you don't have to use every layout.

I think a really good point was made earlier about position 3 being incredibly flexible if weight is added.

I think the KC has everything really, but it is probably not necessary to use it all to be competitive at club level. But for those like me who like to tinker, you can!

Old 19-01-2017
Banned

Quote:
You don't think 4 gear is still of some use in some situations?
Old 19-01-2017

I found that with position 3 (which looks much like MM on the KF2) the position of the battery meant that adding weight under it made no difference to the front/rear weight distribution. It is virtually in the middle of the car.
Old 19-01-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVRrc View Post
Thanks for the reply, lots to learn Most of my problems getting round a track are due to my lack of skill. Having talked to some seasoned racers who have run both gear boxes on the rc10b6 and have chosen the dirt version over the lay down gear box for all surfaces but I guess it comes down to driving style and personal preference. I like the thought of getting the motor back as far as possible to get max gyro effect from the motor for rear wheel traction then using slim light weight lipos to keep weight drown and weights up front to get the front traction right in corners?
The nice thing about the KD or KC is which ever you choose they use the same chassis so you can alway get the alternate gear box if you want to convert it from one to the other.
Adjustment options certainly are one of the positives of Shuey's new platform. Buying another complete gearbox probably will not be cheap, but it is easier to hide from the missus than a second car!
If you frequently run on slippery tracks, a dirt car will be the buggy of choice, but you cannot beat one of the dedicated high-grip cars on their own turf. Even with a blinky 13.5 turn set-up and a borrowed transmitter I was quicker with an old yz-2 on a cautious test drive than with my modified and properly adjusted B5M. I'd rather choose a slower motor than opting for a stand-up gearbox if the traction is there. IMHO corner speed is what reduces lap times on almost any track, this is one of the reasons why RM cars have become an endangered species.

Last edited by mes; 19-01-2017 at 08:58 PM.
Old 20-01-2017

There is a KD to KC conversion kit £179.00 listed so buying a KD and the conversion kit makes for two reasonable priced cars.
Old 20-01-2017
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
There is a KD to KC conversion kit £179.00 listed so buying a KD and the conversion kit makes for two reasonable priced cars.
one car two options ;-)

i have gone for two cars, rather pay the extra and have both cars set up, one chassis and two potions will still need set up changes
Old 21-01-2017
Mad Member

Love the front wing attachment !

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 02-02-2017
Mad Member

Having watched the lads using this car first time out at the UK Masters at Worksop, I was very impressed. Car seemed locked in at the rear, and stable both on power and under braking with the motor in position 4. The pace was there, with Greg unlucky not to win from TQ, with an error on the last lap. Really looking forward to getting this, looks really race-able.
Old 06-02-2017

So the big question is, at club level is the kc so much better than the already good kf2 to justify paying approx £150 to upgrade ?
Old 06-02-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinst View Post
So the big question is, at club level is the kc so much better than the already good kf2 to justify paying approx £150 to upgrade ?
Won't be long until we find out. I'll get some feedback up on here from club level.
Old 06-02-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
Won't be long until we find out. I'll get some feedback up on here from club level.
Feedback would be great as I run 3 kf2's with my sons so this upgrade would be financially 3 times more painful.