Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 07-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Odd request but can anybody lend me a Lipo & Charger for a non regional weekend?

I was wondering if anybody can lend me a LiPo (prefer something on the current list but it doesn't have to be) and charger for a non regional weekend???

My reason for asking is that I have been asked by a few people now for set-up advice on the RB5 and FS for LiPo at native weight and I feel a bit bad for not being able to help them.

I don't have a LiPo compatable charger (how much less compatable than a SpintTec individual cell charger can you get .. lol) and can not afford to purchase a LiPo & charger just to do these tests!

As most of you know I have no interest in running LiPo myself at this time.

If anybody could help then it would be appreciated!
Old 07-04-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

You can buy the 3200 packs for around £30, and would be a better and cheaper alternative as if you blow up someone else's pack you will have to replace it at a far greater cost.

Also set up for a lipo isnt far off the standard set up as you have to use weights to bring the car up to the legal weight anyway so may as well give them the basic setup and let them figure out from there themselves.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 07-04-2009
Mad Member

I echo what welshy said above. Not only that, I don't see how you hope to get a full setup worked out over one race meeting, and then declare that to be the setup when running Lipo's for the lazer/rb5, having run your new setup at one track for probably not more than one race?
Old 07-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Guys,
sorry I don't think I was clear enough in my request / explaination. I want to do practice days not a race meeting (hence non-regional weekend), want to run at native LiPo weight (i.e. no extra ballast) and am so skint I might have to sell my dog to enter the first regional event!!!

I personally don't want to use LiPo at the moment and as I need both battery and charger it would a pricey thing to do in the short term even if I bought both 2nd hand and sold them on later . Also if I were to borrow something I would hope that the person lending me the equipment would stipulate the way they wanted it used so a LiPo novice like me would not run the risk of blowing up anything!

I wasn't planning on running at a race meeting, but going to my local track with a couple of others I race regularly with as pace guides. That way I could basically run the 4 cars (LiPo and NiMH RB5 & FS) alternately as a comparison ... I have 2 of each car available to me.
This would mean that not only could I probably do 20+ runs on each car over a 2 day period but also have others there to give their opinions. Actually have a couple of people who are willing to work on the cars too.

I certainly wouldn't be hoping to give "THE" set up but at the moment I can give no help at all as I've never ran the FS with a LiPo and only worked briefly enough with the RB5 to know that the set up will be a world away from what I am currently using as a base.

I only ever offer my set-ups to others to try as a guide / starting point based on the fact that nobody has yet driven the RB5 or ZX5 with my base set-up on and hated it. Personal preferences will mean that some people will want a little more / less steering, traction or whatever but if the car is 98% of the way there when they start looking for their hot base set-up it's a lot easier to help them develop what will work for them!!!

As stated I am looking at working with the LiPo cells in natively and NO extra weight, both cars are as fat as I am and will be significantly over weight even with a 3200 LiPo on board!!
Old 11-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

So far I've not heard from anybody able to help, there must be somebody ... please!
Old 11-04-2009
Mad Member

So let me get this right, you want me to go out to work to earn money.
Then use said hard earned money to buy lipo's and a charger, then just give it to you to put 40 odd charges on it over a 2 day period.

Roger youv'e got some nerve, if your not running lipo's this year don't worry about finding a setup, stick with what you have, and let the Kyosho team drivers (woody, Carl Marsden and Rich Sharpe) develop the setups.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 11-04-2009

why dont you sell one of your cars and use that money to buy lipo's and a charger as you can only run one car at one time.
Old 14-04-2009
Lee-Mag

This is ace!!

Anyone fancy paying my mortgage this month, you can't come round but i will tell you how ace it is

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 14-04-2009
Mad Member

actually i quite fancy a nice long trip to Norway this summer

i'll email you the pics when i get back, honest i will
Old 14-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It's fine, was just planning on giving up my time for two days, probably sorting refreshments out for the people helping and getting them to the venue in question all so I can help further the trials for those wishing to run the Kyosho cars at native LiPo weight.

I'm perfectly happy with my cells and will be using them this year, and probably next too so there would have been no personal gain.

Was worth asking, guess there are no nice generous people left.

Jimmy or other admin can you please close this thread.
Old 14-04-2009
Lee-Mag

Roger, i think you are wrong, there are a lot of very generous people on here and i have had first hand experience of this.

I feel what you are asking though is taking the piss a bit, batteries do go off with use, and they are not a cheap item to buy, plus putting 40 runs through them over the weekend is going to have an effect. I have lent/shared cells with friends when they have needed it but it wasn't just so they could abuse them, see if they are any better and then hand them back.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com