Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Three Counties Radio Controlled Motorsport Club

Old 02-02-2015

Default Car of choice.

Gents.

I'm looking for some guidance. I attended last Friday with a losi 22 I got second hand and was supprised to see no one else ran losi at the club.
I figure I will need to start investing in parts and hot ups in the not to distant future as intend to come regularly to here and silverstone.

The impression is I would get a different car that most people use at the club to assist in set up parts and general support etc. so just looking for people's views and opinions please.

Many thanks

James
Old 02-02-2015

Hey mate,

So many people will tell you what you should be running and most will be bias. However, the simple answer is get any forward motor (for the surfaces you'll be racing on) style car you can afford and enjoy

Look forward to seeing you again soon,

Matt
Old 02-02-2015

Matt. Thanks and thankyou for your help on fri night.

I'm thinking the new kf2 seems to be what a lot of people had.

I just had some shorty lipos delievered so would like to make use of them.

Will be back next Friday with the losi if nothing else by then to get more practice.
Old 02-02-2015
Mad Member

The new yokomo yz2 should also be popular. Its a missile on high grip tracks.
Old 02-02-2015

Hi James
Why not stick with what you have and get some track time and enjoy what you have, get use to driving then go from thete

Old 02-02-2015

I agree with the above, other people's setups are their preferences and you don't need the latest car to be competitive. I had a hobao h2 which is a copy of the losi 22 and its a good car.
Old 02-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedders View Post
Gents.

I'm looking for some guidance. I attended last Friday with a losi 22 I got second hand and was supprised to see no one else ran losi at the club.
I figure I will need to start investing in parts and hot ups in the not to distant future as intend to come regularly to here and silverstone.

The impression is I would get a different car that most people use at the club to assist in set up parts and general support etc. so just looking for people's views and opinions please.

Many thanks

James
Hi James

First of all I hope you enjoyed yourself Friday, as at the end of the day it's all for fun

Don't get hung up on changing your car yet, your losi is a robust car and more than capable of getting in an A final in the right hands.
To start with your probably better off getting all your electronics sorted as these can be carried with you if/when you change car.

With regard to support it depends when you go, different clubs tend to favour different cars/brands. At TCRCMC the Team C cars have the biggest following whilst if you travel to Silverstone the Schumacher KF was the most popular but the new YZ2 seems to be getting a big following.

Friday Night Buggy Racing nr. Milton Keynes - TCRCMC
Old 03-02-2015

Yep thanks. I think the plan of sticking as is for the time being and can see where I go as Time passes.

Yes I had great fun and will be back for more no doubt.
Old 03-02-2015

Sounds like great advise form all the guys on here, run your current car until you think it's holding you back then find a popular car at the club like the KF or KF2 and see how quick you go.

James.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedders View Post
Yep thanks. I think the plan of sticking as is for the time being and can see where I go as Time passes.

Yes I had great fun and will be back for more no doubt.
Old 03-02-2015

You might be able to pick up a second hand KF at a good price now the KF2 is out. It's still a great car and the KF2 being released hasn't changed that, especially for high grip!
Old 03-02-2015

I started with losi 22 in this club. Its still great car, still got it and couldn't part with it. You don't need that many hop up with losi 22.