Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Y.R.C.C - Yatton RC Car Club

Old 12-08-2013
oOple Advertiser

Unhappy Fun while it lasted!!

Well I have finally had the phone call that I didnt want. The owners of the Unit that we race in called me today to let me know that they have someone interested in renting the place. The person interested wants to open a Garage with an MOT testing station. I was hoping that we would have enough people by now that we could offer them rent but unfortunately we are barely covering the rates, water and electric. I have been advised that it may be months or years depending on how quick planning takes but we have to be prepared for the worst.

The question now is do we look for another venue (indoor or outdoor) or do we call it a day? What does everyone think?

-Alan-
Old 12-08-2013
Mad Member

Lame! Yatton was just starting to pick up with the truck championship etc. Like you said though doesn't mean closing time is yet... just have to be ready.

Alan - If you do start hunting for another permanent venue we could be interested in merging WORM Hutton and run on a Tuesday seeing as we don't have so many numbers racing the Micros at the moment.

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 12-08-2013

Unhappy

Bad news not good at all
Old 12-08-2013
Mad Member

My personal opinion....we have enough outdoor clubs for the number of people racing in the area at the moment...with Tivvy and WORM you've already got a full calender of Sunday racing within and hour of each other.

But...indoor...is a different story! If you can find another good venue like you have, but with a more open track area, and on a more permenant basis, you'll be able to develop the space more, and I reckon you'll pull a few more people along.

Probably not loads more than you have now, but you've seen Yatton grow slowly, I think that will continue, especially if you can find something even better!

Tough ask though...not many spaces that big with low enough rents!

Sad news, but good luck with the hunt...must try and get along again sometime
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 12-08-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosborne6661 View Post
Alan - If you do start hunting for another permanent venue we could be interested in merging WORM Hutton and run on a Tuesday seeing as we don't have so many numbers racing the Micros at the moment.
Sounds good Dan, we are going to look for another venue (already started) and hopefully we can find somewhere with a bit more commitment so that we can plan better. This has always been the problem with Yatton, we were afraid to do to much work as we didnt know when we would have to leave.

Andy - I think it would only happen if it was indoor. Like you said with WORM and Tivvy another outdoor track would be to much. Also one of the main reasons for the indoor venue was to have a place to race in the winter when the weather isn't so good!
Old 12-08-2013

Have you thought about approaching schools for the use of their sports hall?

You'd have to make the track each meeting but there are advantages to that. And you could use their mats and stuff for jumps/rumble strips.

Thats what we do in York anyway, just have a trailer with hosepipe, carpet and a few jumps in that we take down each week.
Old 12-08-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
Have you thought about approaching schools for the use of their sports hall?

You'd have to make the track each meeting but there are advantages to that. And you could use their mats and stuff for jumps/rumble strips.

Thats what we do in York anyway, just have a trailer with hosepipe, carpet and a few jumps in that we take down each week.
One step ahead of you. After posting this morning I sent a few emails off to schools in the area
Old 12-08-2013

Good call,

I personally much prefer racing places where you have to build the track every week. It also means that the racers can have a say in the track building too.

Our club in York has raced at in 4 different schools sports halls over the years so I'm sure you'll be able to find a school somewhere nearby.
Old 12-08-2013

Bummer !!

Spose it had to come at some point ... hopefully not until the truck championship has had a few more rounds !!!!

If you guys are going to look for a venue then WORM indoor would certainly be interested in joining up. Prob one of the reasons we haven't so far has been the uncertainty of how long you would have the premises for ...

Not sure schools is the way to go tho, when we were hunting a while back all the schools we approached were way too dear, and had a time limit of 10.00 ... !!!

What we need is a friendly farmer with a bit empty barn !!!