Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 10-12-2009
Mad Member

Default Ball cups

I have managed to get my turnbuckle to disappear all the way into the plastic ball cup on the front. I wondered why it looked so strange and could not work out why the drive shaft was so close to the yoke. I have found that after a heavy crash the camber or toe is usually out and I am checking this after every race just incase. I was wondering what other people are using or if anyone else has experienced this.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 10-12-2009

Yes, the ball ends strip or push in on impacts and not just during crashes. I landed at an angle from a smal jump at a corner and stripped a rear camber link.

I also think they develop play quicker than other makes. I also never really had to be carefull before about which way round the turnbuckles were as if they are wrong they tighten with the suspension action.

I've ordered JConcepts ones to try next as the stock ones aren't available at the moment. I noticed in photos that the Team Durango world champs car has White turnbuckles that look like they could be the JConcepts ones.
Old 10-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

Try using the white Losi ball cups and HPI ball studs, these are excellent and seem to stop the problems
Old 10-12-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Glad you like my work Alec
Old 10-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF55 View Post
Glad you like my work Alec
LOL, i've only just finished taking both diffs out. I thought I'd better have a look and see how it all works
Old 10-12-2009

what size ball studs do I need to use the losi ball cups?
Old 10-12-2009

would the RPM rod end fit on the durango's ball stud ?

Feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23224
Old 10-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by racdeaf View Post
I would like to know this as well
Old 11-12-2009

Default Ball cups!

Guys do you have part numbers for these items (Ball studs and RPM cups) as my Dex will be here next week and I'd like to have all my option parts in hand by that time.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by racdeaf View Post
Yes the rpm trackrod ends fit the standard durango ball studs(be sure to buy the long version of the trackrod end though) i,ve just fitted mine allround and its taken all the slop out plus the rod ends are a lot tighter fit on the trackrods so i would imagine theres less chance of them moving.
The best thing is though they look totally sexy in white rather than black

Paul (2 polybutlers) Hoggard
Old 11-12-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy View Post
Yes the rpm trackrod ends fit the standard durango ball studs(be sure to buy the long version of the trackrod end though) i,ve just fitted mine allround and its taken all the slop out plus the rod ends are a lot tighter fit on the trackrods so i would imagine theres less chance of them moving.
The best thing is though they look totally sexy in white rather than black
Are these RPM ones the Super Duty Turnbuckles for Lunsford ball studs? I ask as I have tried some J Concept ball ends on the turn buckles but the ball stud is not big enough for the Durango ball stud and was horribly stiff.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 11-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiSMB View Post
Are these RPM ones the Super Duty Turnbuckles for Lunsford ball studs? I ask as I have tried some J Concept ball ends on the turn buckles but the ball stud is not big enough for the Durango ball stud and was horribly stiff.
They are just the standard version but a bit longer,The only thing i have noticed is that where the track rod end fits onto the inner durango ball end thats a bit stiff and does restrict the shocker movement but i,m hoping with a couple of runs this will free off

Paul (2 polybutlers) Hoggard
Old 12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiSMB View Post
I have managed to get my turnbuckle to disappear all the way into the plastic ball cup on the front. I wondered why it looked so strange and could not work out why the drive shaft was so close to the yoke. I have found that after a heavy crash the camber or toe is usually out and I am checking this after every race just incase. I was wondering what other people are using or if anyone else has experienced this.
This was a problem which i highlighted to TD when i gotten the kit (1st few batches) and was politely brushed off by saying none others has had this problem. Anyway, you'll be safer with rpm ball cups with 4.3mm studs. The kit studs are a tad bigger
Old 12-12-2009

The Associated TC5 ball studs are the smaller "standard ball" but with Metric threads. I've been using these with the losi dark grey extra rigid cups with excellent results.

ASC31280 Short neck, 5mm thread
ASC31282 Short neck, 10mm thread
ASC31284 Long neck, 8mm thread
ASC31285 Long neck, 10mm thread

LOSA6016 Extra rigid ball cups GREY
Old 13-12-2009

I ordered these ball studs because I was told I only needed 8mm

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRUZ0
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRUZ3

These are the ball cups I ordered

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRB07
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEV20

Is this going to work????
Old 13-12-2009

Yep, either of those studs will work. The black are the short neck and the silver are the long. The long neck ones will have the same height as the originals so camber gain will be the same. You can use the short neck to play with camber gain or bump steer too.

The cups you have pictured there will work also, they are similar to RPM's plastic. These are the losi HD cups I'm talking about, they seem to be super hard compared to others. Either will work though

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...id-Ball/Detail
Old 14-12-2009
Mad Member

Just for anyone that is interested the Losi and AE ball stud diameter is around 4.27mm I reckon this is why HPI use 4.3mm. Being of the 4.3mm type you can use any ball end that will fir AE, Losi or HPI. The Durango ball stud is 4.47mm which is more similar to Kyosho 4.5mm size. Currently HPI and AE TC5 ball studs have a 3mm metric thread and will fit the Durango holes.
Old 17-12-2009
Mad Member

Schumacher ball studs are 4.3mm so I have got some of these from M K Racing and am going to try them with some J Concepts ball studs. Pictures to follow.
Old 06-01-2010

Hey Guys,

With the problem of the ball cup, any one tried to put a drop of cyano in the ball cup to reinforce the plastic of the ball cup?

Thanks
Old 24-06-2010
Mad Member

losi/associated b/studs wont fit as they are imperial