Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Surrey & Hants RCCC

Old 30-03-2012
oOple Advertiser

Default New Venue FEEDBACK

Hi Gents
I thought I will be constructing and open up a new thread for feedback on your new venue.
Of course sometimes we don't want to hear what some people want to comment on but I hope here people posting will be constructive.

I visited last night and I have to say on first arrival, I thought it looked nice and very clean cut.
After first practice I did think the grip level was actually lower than estimated by looking at the track.
Driving the track was actually harder than it looked which I think is a good thing.
A couple of set up changes on the new DB1 and then got the grip I wanted and of course everything seems all so much nicer.
The track has got some features that could do with a couple of minor amendments and some spots that just need that extra inch or so wider for those larger events but I have to say for a club that has only been up and running for just a few hours rather than weeks, months and years, I think it's a superb effort to say the least.
I will be down for mid-week practice for sure
Excellent thus far gents
Old 30-03-2012

Default new track feedback

Hi Surrey and Hants team, I would agree with Tony's comments and wish you all the best for this weekends shakedown with a an alldayer planned.
I would be concious of where marshal points are placed as I noticed last night that when someone was rescuing a car you could lose chunks of the track from view.
Again well done and see you all again soon

Mark
Old 30-03-2012
Mad Member

A very nice track which is harder to drive than it looks. It will be a challenge. I also think that all concerned have done a top draw job on Putting The track together. The only negitive comment was the take off ramp for the table top could be less aggressive as I think it will be very difficult to maeshal and hard on the cars.

See you Sunday.
Old 30-03-2012
Mad Member

Must say i did enjoy driving the track on Tues night as Chef said not sure about the table top up ramp as to slow or go large!
My concern was the gap or lack of it between the table top and rostrum an issue for marshalling! but as i said enjoyed the way the track ran
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 31-03-2012

hi guys , well done on a great job ! tracks superb ! i agree with all above but, most importantly to me is some sort of fence along the straight as i saw a few cars exit at speed and someone is bound to get hurt . excellent job . glenn
Old 04-04-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Thank you for the feedback guys. The club is here to serve the local racers who will support us, so we'll all take your points on board and improve as we go on through the years.